Jump to content
Angen

==[REQUEST] == Seeding animation

Recommended Posts

Hi, I would like to ask if someone could find some time and create seeding animation? So then current building animation for farms could be replaced with it? 

 

Thank you :)

Edited by Angen
autocorrection
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Angen said:

Hi, I would like to ask if someone could find some time and create seeding animation? So then current building animation for farms could be replaced with it? 

 

Thank you :)

It's in the blend files somewhere :) Unfortunately, we need to reexport them all I thibk because mistakes were made.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won't have much time (at least until September or so).

However, you can find the starting pose on the blendfile of the unit animations that I posted here. Just need some arm movement and back to original pose ;)

image.png

On 6/16/2019 at 10:00 AM, Stan` said:

It's in the blend files somewhere :) Unfortunately, we need to reexport them all I thibk because mistakes were made.

What is the issue?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Enrique said:

What is the issue?

Duplicated vertex groups crash the game in debug mode. Happy to see you back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2019 at 12:35 AM, Alexandermb said:

Yep: art/animation/biped/gatherer/seeding.dae

 

But the animation doesn't have it's own variant yet, right?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Imarok said:

But the animation doesn't have it's own variant yet, right?

Add the code i'll make the variant :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alexandermb said:

How that would be? Maurya supp elephant seeding ?

Yep I guess somewhat similar to the current build one instead that it would spray seeds around ? (Unless elephants are restricted from seedinh by @Imarok)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stan` said:

Yep I guess somewhat similar to the current build one instead that it would spray seeds around ? (Unless elephants are restricted from seedinh by @Imarok)

Yeah i may have an idea thought i have to develop it more (i just wake up:eek:) elephants often use their trunk to spread earth in their bodies so that could be the same motion with the trunk making a curve from left to right.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stan` said:

@Alexandermb feel like doing a little seeding anim for the elephant worker ? :D

Just now, Stan` said:

Yep I guess somewhat similar to the current build one instead that it would spray seeds around ? (Unless elephants are restricted from seedinh by @Imarok)

 

I don't think elephants were ever used for seeding farms...

Ploughing might be a thing though. Maybe one of the the guy holding the plow behind the elephant could do the seeding:

Spoiler

agriculture-farming-men-with-elephant-plow-wood-engraving-19th-century-BHN9G6.thumb.jpg.a731177aba3a4b16542bd47c9aad6565.jpg

YGP5_049_79c76058-2f1e-4856-ae28-467828508381.thumb.jpg.53ba38de49708a6eae83ccc1dd69ff7d.jpg

working-elephant-ceylon-animal-farming-land-traditional-wildlife-nature-B7P6Y1.thumb.jpg.8b8b94d0d5253ab3d0486b0e01cdaad4.jpg

91Avs9TJcYL._SX355_.jpg.0437d5b2bd9977d493e30c41f6999760.jpg

hqdefault.jpg.02a81bb6bee961b4109449752f2db401.jpg

hqdefault-1.jpg.bde4bff5b97b1c4a9d513d1349ab2c60.jpg

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dudes, you can't add farming elephants. If that's already a thing in the game (I should check), then it should be removed along with elephants building by themselves.

Elephants with a plough is a thing.

Elephants digging the soil with their trunk and planting seeds for their human overlords is really not a thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My, did this one open a can of worms. I guess the best solution would be from @Stan`. Something similar to the Cavalryman gathering meat:
The rider of the elephant comes down and does the seeding.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sundiata said:

Dudes, you can't add farming elephants. If that's already a thing in the game (I should check), then it should be removed along with elephants building by themselves.

Elephants with a plough is a thing.

Elephants digging the soil with their trunk and planting seeds for their human overlords is really not a thing.

I'm sorry if I sounded harsh it was clearly not my intention. I just meant that the mauryan elephant which currently builds by putting planks on the ground would look weird if the plough was applied to farms because building is still a static activity (the unit doesn't move) and so the elephant would be idling there while a plough would appear out of nowhere...

7 minutes ago, sphyrth said:

My, did this one open a can of worms. I guess the best solution would be from @Stan`. Something similar to the Cavalryman gathering meat:
The rider of the elephant comes down and does the seeding

Would be nice to have a rider on him yes :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stan` said:

I'm sorry if I sounded harsh it was clearly not my intention. I just meant that the mauryan elephant which currently builds by putting planks on the ground would look weird if the plough was applied to farms because building is still a static activity (the unit doesn't move) and so the elephant would be idling there while a plough would appear out of nowhere...

 

No no, don't apologise, I think I'm rather the one that sounded harsh, lol... Sorry... 

Plough appearing out of nowhere would be a bit weird indeed. But not necessarily that much weirder than citizen soldiers with spear and shield instantly switching to a pickaxe or siege equipment popping into existence when you unpack them (where did the horse go?).

In a crazy ideal world, I think elephants should only be able to help human workers already on site. In the case of farming, assigning an elephant to a field which already has a worker would cause the worker to attach the plough to the elephant and start ploughing. Although that would also just look stupid, considering how small the fields are in relation to the elephants. In addition, if the idea is historical accuracy, then oxen were far more used for ploughing than elephants ever were, including in India. 

I guess I just freaked out at the thought of giving worker elephants yet another task to perform autonomously. They're smart animals, but not that smart to just send them off to work on farms and construction sites by themselves... It's just one abstraction too far for me.

 

Just now, Stan` said:

Would be nice to have a rider on him yes :)

Just now, balduin said:

I think that solves the problem.

Yeah, that would actually make things look a lot more believable. In that case I would shelve my opposition to worker elephants building.

But the rider really shouldn't come down from the elephant. And I still don't think elephants have any business farming. 

 

Edited by Sundiata
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...