What Is More Important ? SP Or MP ?

Rough_Nack

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I dont like Civilizations :P

Anyway, MP is important, really important. When you are sick of playing against the same cheating computer, what do you do? Go online... Or if the Singleplayer scn fails you (Like Empires) what do you do? Go online (Which in Empires totally rocked :D )

I will as before vote for MP, if 0ad was only MP i would have downloaded it just as fast as if it was SP...

Though i think SP should be in it, because its kind of silly for a new guy to start learning the game while playing against real pros, like i will be :D

you get me i guess :P

Both are equally important. SP is needed to 'build up' your skills, and on games such as SimCity or games with very intricate stories, SP is almost the only option. MP is important too, because human players are definately more skilled and it's a good place to socialize :D. However, I do lean away from MP because I suck at it, and because I have dial-up.

• 1 month later...

Multiplayer, unless you guys come up with a really really smart AI :). Multiplayer adds so much replay value, because human opponents adapt to whatever you're doing and come up with new strategies that the game designers may never have thought of. Plus, there's the social interaction from playing as a team with a friend, or, for other personality types, the satisfaction of smiting a live opponent :D.

Since 0AD will be a web download, it should be targetted mostly at people that are quite "into" RTS games (the people who post at Heavengames for example), and these are also the people who really like multiplayer.

Multiplayer, unless you guys come up with a really really smart AI

Unreal Tournament has a really smart single player AI that acts almost like a human. Infact if you play online against humans and computers, you won't be able to tell who's a human and who's a comp player.

However, in UT I still prefer to play online against real people. It just gives so much more value to what you're doing when you know you've beaten 31 other people rather than 31 fancy computer scripts.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...