Jump to content

Introducing the Official community mod for 0 A.D. Empires Ascendant


wraitii
 Share

Should these patches be merged in the Community Mod? II  

47 members have voted

  1. 1. Add Centurions: Upgradable at a cost of 100 food 50 metal from rank 3 swordsmen and spearmen. https://gitlab.com/0ad/0ad-community-mod-a26/-/merge_requests/27

    • Yes
      34
    • No
      6
    • Skip / No Opinion
      7
  2. 2. Alexander - Remove Territory Bonus Aura, add Attack, Speed, and Attack de-buff Auras https://gitlab.com/0ad/0ad-community-mod-a26/-/merge_requests/26

    • Yes
      26
    • No
      9
    • Skip / No Opinion
      12
  3. 3. Unit specific upgrades: 23 new upgrades found in stable/barracks for different soldier types. Tier 1 available in town phase, tier 2 available in city phase. https://gitlab.com/0ad/0ad-community-mod-a26/-/merge_requests/25

    • Yes
      25
    • No
      18
    • Skip / No Opinion
      4
  4. 4. Add a civ bonus for seleucids: Farms -25% resource cost, -75% build time. https://gitlab.com/0ad/0ad-community-mod-a26/-/merge_requests/24

    • Yes
      34
    • No
      7
    • Skip / No Opinion
      6
  5. 5. Cav speed -1 m/s for all cavalry https://gitlab.com/0ad/0ad-community-mod-a26/-/merge_requests/23

    • Yes
      15
    • No
      22
    • Skip / No Opinion
      10
  6. 6. Cavalry health adjustments https://gitlab.com/0ad/0ad-community-mod-a26/-/merge_requests/22

    • Yes
      19
    • No
      15
    • Skip / No Opinion
      13
  7. 7. Crush (re)balance: decreased crush armor for all units, clubmen/macemen get a small hack attack. https://gitlab.com/0ad/0ad-community-mod-a26/-/merge_requests/20

    • Yes
      21
    • No
      16
    • Skip / No Opinion
      10
  8. 8. Spearcav +15% acceleration. https://gitlab.com/0ad/0ad-community-mod-a26/-/merge_requests/19

    • Yes
      33
    • No
      4
    • Skip / No Opinion
      10
  9. 9. Pikemen decreased armor, increased damage: 8hack,7pierce armor; 6 pierce 3 hack damage. https://gitlab.com/0ad/0ad-community-mod-a26/-/merge_requests/18

    • Yes
      18
    • No
      18
    • Skip / No Opinion
      11
  10. 10. Rome camp allowed in p2, rams train in p3 as normal, decreased health and cost. https://gitlab.com/0ad/0ad-community-mod-a26/-/merge_requests/17

    • Yes
      36
    • No
      6
    • Skip / No Opinion
      5
  11. 11. Crossbow nerf: +400 ms prepare time. https://gitlab.com/0ad/0ad-community-mod-a26/-/merge_requests/15

    • Yes
      13
    • No
      18
    • Skip / No Opinion
      16
  12. 12. adjust javelineer and pikemen roles, rework crush armor https://gitlab.com/0ad/0ad-community-mod-a26/-/merge_requests/14

    • Yes
      12
    • No
      22
    • Skip / No Opinion
      13


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

well centurions in part accomplish this only for rome, since you would want to retreat elite soldiers to heal some and to complete their 12 second upgrade to centurions. Once you have a centurion, the whole army (30m aura) is oriented towards ranking and promotion.

What unit model are you using for the centurion? Wowgetofyourcellphone has some very nice republic centurion models, we could ask if we can use them for this project :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, alre said:

it would be nice if roman hastati were more survivable and oriented to ranking. if you think about roman doctrine of war, a lot of it revolved around keeping their men alive. contrary to most of their relatives, ordered retreat was pretty important to romans.

I believe there are two swordsmen technologies included in the merge requests that increase the durability of swordsmen for Rome among others, so that has already been partly covered I think :) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Fabius said:

I believe there are two swordsmen technologies included in the merge requests that increase the durability of swordsmen for Rome among others, so that has already been partly covered I think :) 

yes, rome gets both unit upgrades for swordsmen, the second of which increases their durability some.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

The marian legionaries were still using Coolus style helmets and the montefortino style helmets, they haven't adopted the traditional Gallic helmet that we all associate with Imperial Romans yet. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

If you look at the model up close in the editor you can see that the fellow is wearing the classic Imperial Gallic helmet

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

in that case, I think we just chose whichever gets more votes than the other. I would also say both might be overkill.

I think you need to split the health proposal. It has too much going on. For example, I don't want to nerf skirm cav health, but I do want to nerf melee champ cav. 

19 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

The game has very few structure/building/construction/defensive techs and bonuses (but mainly techs). Consider those.

There's a decent number but no one uses the ones that exist. But, yes, it is an area of potential--we just haven't seen anything for it that widely appeals

Link to comment
Share on other sites

By far the most iffy changes are the blanket cav hp/speed decreases. There is certainly no one size fits all cavalry nerf, we can't even agree on one change to one unit: for example spearcav +1/2 pierce armor or javelin cavalry -2 pierce attack.

Unit specific upgrades are exciting though, and offer their own balancing opportunities.

Edited by BreakfastBurrito_007
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 27/10/2022 at 4:31 PM, chrstgtr said:

My main problem with cav is that they don't die even when they should (i.e. running straight through inf and fighting spears head on). I think that is a direct result of their speed (ability to escape fights and to get to fights quickly) and their health (they might get hit once when running through a pocket of men but then keep running so the damage doesn't do enough to kill them). As a result, I don't mind that cav do extra dmg. 

Making inf, specifically spears faster, would be a step in the right direction. (I think spears and swords should be faster anyways bc of their lack of range). 

I would rather change health than armor because that ensures an even change across all units as opposed to just hack or pierce units. Otherwise, a -1 nerf to both hack and pierce might result in one type of attack becoming relatively stronger. Also promotions make extra HP a snowball problem. 

@chrstgtr you seem to go back and forth on your opinions here. How about we stick with the merge request as is, and revert certain things later?

If things turn out well, fine. If not, we can revert certain items.

Edited by real_tabasco_sauce
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

@chrstgtr you seem to go back and forth on your opinions here. How about we stick with the merge request as is, and revert certain things later?

No, these are just the spelled out things. I would nerf all melee cav health. I don't have a big problem with jav cav health. Champ melee cav is a huge problem. 

I think speed is an issue, which is the way I would try to nerf jav and archer cav. 

I'm just trying to tell you how I think you could get wider acceptance on the cav issue, which is I think you could get a consensus on certain cav needing to be nerfed, but the current package as a whole is too divisive to gain large acceptance. 

Edited by chrstgtr
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Stan` changed the title to Introducing the Official community mod for 0 A.D. Empires Ascendant

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...