Corinthian Isthmus II

andy5995

New random map created by me and @Jammyjamjamman, adapted from the Corinthian Isthmus 2v2 skirmish map.

Available in v0.25.7 of CM2.

Bases start with 1000 stone and 1000 metal next to their CC instead of 5000/5000. Mines are placed randomly but so far, they seem to be available very close to the territory borders. I'll make changes if necessary.

screenshot0011.png

screenshot0012.png

screenshot0013.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I narrowed the roads a bit, and now some large mines are placed near the territory border of each player on maps greater than or equal to Medium size. These changes will be included in the next release.

P.S. The different styling of the road in this screenshot doesn't have to do with any other change except for this is the temperate biome and the other screenie was the autumn.

screenshot0015.png

Edited by andy5995

23 hours ago, alre said:

I see one of the roads always passes trough a mountain. maybe the roads should follow a bitmap like altitude.

Yeah, I definitely agree. After spending several hours trying, we haven't worked out how to make the roads go around hills, mountains, and shoreline yet.

23 hours ago, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

I like how the flat hills with the cc's on them are grouped and combined by team, so that there are many ways up, but that team members can easily move to each other's bases. Nice work!

Thanks. And actually, as shown in the screenshot, the gap between players' bases changes based on the number of players and size of the map. This is 2v2 on a Medium map.

screenshot0022.png

• Like 1

19 hours ago, andy5995 said:

we haven't worked out how to make the roads go around hills, mountains, and shoreline yet.

Iirc, there should just be the option to avoid these tileclasses e.g. avoidClass [clWater,3, clHill,4]

(Without having looked at the code, so no guarantee)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, maroder said:

Iirc, there should just be the option to avoid these tileclasses e.g. avoidClass [clWater,3, clHill,4]

(Without having looked at the code, so no guarantee)

Yes, that seems to work for most everything else, but when using avoidClass with the PathPlacer function, it seems to simply not place the path at all if it encounters the object you want to avoid. See my comment on this PR