Jump to content

Hyrule Conquest


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

Yes indeed. I'll attach my music file: music.js

Hm, it looks ok. Are you sure you have multiple peace tracks in your civ json?
You can try to put something like warn(uneval(this.tracks.PEACE)); before the startPlayList to check what tracks are in the list (not sure whether it would properly print the list of objects though).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, fcxSanya said:

Hm, it looks ok. Are you sure you have multiple peace tracks in your civ json?
You can try to put something like warn(uneval(this.tracks.PEACE)); before the startPlayList to check what tracks are in the list (not sure whether it would properly print the list of objects though).

Yes, here's my entry in the civ file:

	"Music":[
			{"File":"gerudo_theme1.ogg", "Type":"peace"},
			{"File":"gerudo_ambient1.ogg", "Type":"peace"},
			{"File":"gerudo_ambient2.ogg", "Type":"peace"},
			{"File":"gerudo_ambient3.ogg", "Type":"peace"},
			{"File":"gerudo_ambient4.ogg", "Type":"peace"},
			{"File":"gerudo_ambient5.ogg", "Type":"peace"},
			{"File":"gerudo_ambient6.ogg", "Type":"peace"},
			{"File":"gerudo_ambient7.ogg", "Type":"peace"},
			{"File":"gerudo_battle1.ogg", "Type":"battle"},
			{"File":"gerudo_battle2.ogg", "Type":"battle"},
			{"File":"gerudo_battle3.ogg", "Type":"battle"}
		],

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

EDIT: Strange, it seems to be working for my other faction (Hylians). It plays the theme then randomizes the music. For the Gerudo though it just loops the first track. I wonder what might be going on.

EDIT again: Very weird, I changed the names of some music files and it seems to be working for both factions. I wonder if perhaps there might have been something wrong with the .ogg file. Oh well, at least it works now. ;)

Edited by The Undying Nephalim
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

This is incredibly like what I would like to do with DE. Instead of training heroes at the Fortress or Civic Center, at the start of the match you would choose which hero you'd like to spawn with and that's the hero you get for the rest of the match, like in AOE3. Unlike AOE3, you'd have a choice with a UI popup just like what you show here. Good show.

This is really the kind of metagame the base game is sorely missing at this point, and if implemented would allow the base game and mods to shine.

 

A Silent Day In Gaul map has some trigger support for making choices while in-game. This may be a starting point for developing what you propose.

Alternatively some civilizations have some alternative tech choices that enable different heroes and champions, but it's not exactly what you want here.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, fabio said:

A Silent Day In Gaul map has some trigger support for making choices while in-game. This may be a starting point for developing what you propose.

In my understanding A Silent Day In Gaul is a narrative scenario, so it's notable for player in-game actions (not just UI interaction) affecting the story progress.
So I believe your second alternative is more relevant here:

2 hours ago, fabio said:

Alternatively some civilizations have some alternative tech choices that enable different heroes and champions, <...>

 

2 hours ago, fabio said:

<...> but it's not exactly what you want here

Why not? For me it looks exactly like 4 mutually exclusive technologies, each unlocking its own set of heroes / units with a custom UI to select one of them at the match start.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

This is incredibly like what I would like to do with DE. Instead of training heroes at the Fortress or Civic Center, at the start of the match you would choose which hero you'd like to spawn with and that's the hero you get for the rest of the match, like in AOE3. Unlike AOE3, you'd have a choice with a UI popup just like what you show here. Good show.

This is really the kind of metagame the base game is sorely missing at this point, and if implemented would allow the base game and mods to shine.

That would be really usefull for regicide.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Imarok said:

Just write some js code.

I think @Lion.Kanzen wanted to do something similar some time ago.

Would be useful for tech choosing between more than 2 options. Also, with this way it could be implemented a mercenary decision design in Carthago, choosing alliances, instead of building only 2 embassies.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

This is incredibly like what I would like to do with DE. Instead of training heroes at the Fortress or Civic Center, at the start of the match you would choose which hero you'd like to spawn with and that's the hero you get for the rest of the match, like in AOE3. Unlike AOE3, you'd have a choice with a UI popup just like what you show here. Good show.

This is really the kind of metagame the base game is sorely missing at this point, and if implemented would allow the base game and mods to shine.

 

Can't this just go into the base game? So that the base game can have theme music for each civ and then have a randomized playlist with  whatever music. 

Sorry for the off-topic. Maybe split.

I.m seeing like the decision of choosing one heroe giving some kind of little bonus since the start of the game, encouraging specific strategies. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another question, is it possible to make it so that a unit or technology requires another unit to be built, instead of a tech to be researched?

Is it also possible to make it so that a tech icon doesn't show up to be clicked on unless it's prerequisites are researched?

Also is it possible to have more than two technologies in a Pair where you have to choose between them? I can't seem to get more than two to work at a time.

Edited by The Undying Nephalim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

Another question, is it possible to make it so that a unit or technology requires another unit to be built, instead of a tech to be researched?

I think the market tech that allows collecting resources at an ally's dropsite requires three traders to be trained before the tech can be researched.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, WhiteTreePaladin said:

I think the market tech that allows collecting resources at an ally's dropsite requires three traders to be trained before the tech can be researched.

Hmmm, that seems to have a class of unit as a requirement, nothing about a specific named unit though. I suppose I can give my unit a custom class and use that.

Edited by The Undying Nephalim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

And here's another question: Is it possible for a tech to affect or improve an Aura in any way? I found techs that improve healer ranges, but can't seem to find anything that effects Aura ranges or activating new auras for units.

Forgive me for jumping in a completely unrelated thread without reading anything but the last post, however, I believe I can at least partially answer this. /simulation/data/auras/structures/wonder_pop_2.json has a technology requirement:
"requiredTechnology": "pop_wonder",
and there is no reason why unit auras would behave differently. As for improving auras, I suppose this is also possible, albeit probably a bit less straightforward.

EDIT: Technologies can supersede each other; if this is also allowed with auras (I'm not sure), improving auras would be very easy; just create a new file for the improved aura aura_2.json which contains:
"supersedes": "aura_1",

Edited by Nescio
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, fcxSanya said:

In my understanding A Silent Day In Gaul is a narrative scenario, so it's notable for player in-game actions (not just UI interaction) affecting the story progress.
So I believe your second alternative is more relevant here:

Why not? For me it looks exactly like 4 mutually exclusive technologies, each unlocking its own set of heroes / units with a custom UI to select one of them at the match start.

With the triggers a custom game dialog similar to the one showed by The Undying Nephalim could be shown at game start, while the technology uses a different, less obvious interface, especially if the hero choice is a strategic one for that gameplay...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

And here's another question: Is it possible for a tech to affect or improve an Aura in any way? I found techs that improve healer ranges, but can't seem to find anything that effects Aura ranges or activating new auras for units.

 

31 minutes ago, Nescio said:

Forgive me for jumping in a completely unrelated thread without reading anything but the last post, however, I believe I can at least partially answer this. /simulation/data/auras/structures/wonder_pop_2.json has a technology requirement and there is no reason why unit auras would behave differently. As for improving auras, I suppose this is also possible, albeit probably a bit less straightforward.

Wasn't there a recent commit to SVN that allowed just this? Or am I misremembering?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fabio said:

With the triggers a custom game dialog similar to the one showed by The Undying Nephalim could be shown at game start <...>

I believe triggers are simulation scripts and can't introduce custom gui. Also they are bound to specific maps. Am I wrong?

1 hour ago, fabio said:

<...> while the technology uses a different, less obvious interface, especially if the hero choice is a strategic one for that gameplay...

That's why I said "with a custom UI to select one of them at the match start", i. e. the mod will have that custom dialog at the match start which will list (and allow to select one of) civ-specific technologies of a special type.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Tedster1995 said:

What files would need to be edited, and what would the basis of the code be?

With technologies + custom dialog approach I described in my previous messages, you need technologies (and also to edit unit templates they are unlocking) and a dialog in gui/session (see diplomacy, trade and objective dialogs as examples).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, fcxSanya said:

I believe triggers are simulation scripts and can't introduce custom gui. Also they are bound to specific maps. Am I wrong?

I don't remember exactly, but that map had a window appearing asking for some choices about the gameplay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, fabio said:

I don't remember exactly, but that map had a window appearing asking for some choices about the gameplay.

Your memory is better than mine :) There are indeed some scripted dialogs on the map: https://github.com/0ADMods/map_A_Silent_Day_In_Gaul/blob/master/maps/scenarios/A_Silent_Day_In_Gaul.js#L343

But they seem to be based on the standard layout with configurable text and button captions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...