Hyrule Conquest

12 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

You have another form to contact, a website a twitter a Moddb page?

many are intrigued by this mod and are excited, so they have questions...

I have a discord channel at the moment, though it was originally meant for the Total War version of the mod: https://discord.gg/TyhvujD

• Like 1

I have a question
In Atlas, all of my entities show up only if I put them in the matching folders (Units for units, Structures for structure, etc). The problem is I have much more organization for my files, each faction has its own unit and structure folder (for example, simulation/templates/units/hylian). None of them show up in Atlas as entities when they are in their own organized folders. Is there a way to get Atlas to look in these folders instead of being limited to Units and Structures?

Edited by The Undying Nephalim
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, stanislas69 said:

You need to make changes to the code I think those path are hard coded.

That's a bit unfortunate, and kind of weird since actor files show up in Atlas fine even when in their own folders. Not too big of a deal though :rolleyes:

I'm kind of wondering though, how does one set a map in Atlas to be a Skirmish map instead of Scenario?

You need to add a few lines to simulation/data/placeablesFilter.json. I do however dislike that we do have to explicitly specify most things there, so I guess we should change the code to either allow recursive inclusions, or invert the logic and only specify things (using wildcards) that should be excluded. I think I prefer the latter option.

When saving there's two tabs "Scenarios" and "Skirmishes", select the latter and save.

• Like 1

Another question, is there a way to make it so a specific music theme plays first when you are a faction, and then randomize the rest of the music like at the main menu?
I tried replicating the way it's done for the main menu music, but the civ's json file will no longer load:

"Music": ["hylian_theme1.ogg" , "Type":"peace"].concat(shuffleArray([
            "hylian_ambient1.ogg", "Type":"peace",
            "hylian_ambient2.ogg", "Type":"peace",
            "hylian_ambient3.ogg", "Type":"peace",
            "hylian_ambient4.ogg", "Type":"peace",
            "hylian_battle1.ogg", "Type":"battle",
            "hylian_battle2.ogg", "Type":"battle",
            "hylian_battle3.ogg", "Type":"battle",
        ])),

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

I tried replicating the way it's done for the main menu music, but the civ's json file will no longer load

JSON is a data format, you can't write code (i.e. call 'concat' and 'shuffleArray') there. What civ json files do is they define civ-specific collections of tracks. These collections are used in music.js , which is a part of the music manager as far as I understand. music.js is apparently where you saw the main menu track-related logic and that's probably what you have to modify to achieve your goal.

As you can see, in 'resetTracks' state-specific playlists are filled with default tracks, then civ-specific collections are added into the playlists in 'storeTracks' and finally 'updateState' starts playing the state-specific playlist. For the 'MENU' state playlist is played as is (unshaffled) and 'Honor_Bound.ogg' is always the first track in it (due to code in 'resetTracks'). For other states playlists are shuffled.

So, unless I've missed something, you can:

1. remove the default peace tracks from 'resetTracks'

2. shuffle only second and subsequent tracks for the 'PEACE' state in 'updateState'

what should result in the first peace track from civ json to always play first and other ones being shuffled.

Edited by fcxSanya
Fixed a typo

Guest Aragorn

Congratulations for your mod, it looks very nice.

I have 2 questions about the futur features of hyrule conquest :

Are you planning to remove the building limits? I find that this limit removes a big part of strategy to the game. We can no longer occupy the space as our wishes. In addition, it removes all the exploration aspect of the game. In the age of empires games, exploration is very important: it allows you to grab the best places on the map. In 0ad this is impossible because of the territory boundary.

Could you add a system of choice of technologies and units as in age of mythology (when changing age) and the mod delenda is? This makes it possible to increase the replayability because in function of the choices the games do not resemble each other. Moreover, this breaks the monotony of play and forces the player to make strategic choices.

I think you made the right choice by changing the game engine: pyrogenis is free and constantly updated. Your game will have a greater perenniality.

If you need beta testers, I'd be happy to help you.

On 07/08/2017 at 1:16 AM, The Undying Nephalim said:

On the subject of videos, does 0AD support any kind of video format for cinematics? My game has a lot of cinematics that I'd port over from from the Total War version. It would be great if mp4 or wmv formats were supported.

This wasn't answered yet, right? (I don't see any follow-up discussions skimming over the subsequent posts)

There are no videos, nor video support in 0 A.D. as far as I know, and I even don't remember (and can't find) any discussions or tickets related to it. I think the current (maybe somewhat vague) plan is to have in-game cinematic scenes for campaigns.

On the other hand it's a somewhat basic and expected feature for a game engine. Also it's self-contained enough so shouldn't be hard to maintain.

I've created a ticket (#4724 (Video playback)) and will try to do some basic research for it unless someone else would do it faster or will link to an existing implementation / discussion etc.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

And here we have a first look:

5 hours ago, Guest Aragorn said:

Congratulations for your mod, it looks very nice.

I have 2 questions about the futur features of hyrule conquest :

Are you planning to remove the building limits? I find that this limit removes a big part of strategy to the game. We can no longer occupy the space as our wishes. In addition, it removes all the exploration aspect of the game. In the age of empires games, exploration is very important: it allows you to grab the best places on the map. In 0ad this is impossible because of the territory boundary.

Could you add a system of choice of technologies and units as in age of mythology (when changing age) and the mod delenda is? This makes it possible to increase the replayability because in function of the choices the games do not resemble each other. Moreover, this breaks the monotony of play and forces the player to make strategic choices.

I think you made the right choice by changing the game engine: pyrogenis is free and constantly updated. Your game will have a greater perenniality.

If you need beta testers, I'd be happy to help you.

I would also love to be a beta tester

• Like 1

I'm trying to make units that are able to walk from land and into water and vice versa, though I'm having a bit of a problem figuring out how. The closest I've gotten to is this bit in some of the ship templates:

<UnitMotion>
    <PassabilityClass>ship</PassabilityClass>
  </UnitMotion>

Is there a component file that perhaps defines Passability Classes?