0 A.D. on YouTube

Mythos_Ruler

56 minutes ago, sarcoma said:

do you know the trick to kill ptol slingers bypassing the pikes?

Yes, you need approximately 20-30 sword cavalry, either charge them in from the side or from behind. They will clean up the slingers very quickly and the Ptolemies army will be distracted. 

Alternatively, sometimes you can force skiritai through enemy pikes, although that requires quite a lot of micro and if the ptolemies player has many pikes then it will be very difficult. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Sevda said:

Easiest dance move of all:

I have been advocating for a long time now to have a Vision Range and an Engagement Range. Vision Range is what there is now, but Engagement Range is something controlled by the unit's stance. Aggressive stance engages any enemy units within 90% of vision range, Defensive stance engages units within 50% of vision range, while Stand Ground engages enemy units only within 10% of vision range. I think this multiplier could be adjusted in the unit templates, so that ranged units' engagement range is a little longer than melee units'. But yeah. With @Freagarach's help, I was able to set this range to 80% by default in Delenda Est. It works nicely to give the player more control over their units (the units don't just blitz after anything within vision range).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LetswaveaBook said:

Tom 0AD is back and I hope that with his 2.3k subscribers he can bring back some people that have lost attention for 0ad.

whey i not can add a :heart: in the board '0 A.D. on YouTube' ? i need to create a quote for that

Edited by seeh

18 hours ago, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

that’s an incredible demonstration of how OP merc cav are. 

I look forward to a26 rc testing to see if we have a better balance for them. My guess is merc Javs ok but merc swordcav still quite op.

and how archers are crap. archer rushes used to be fun in a23 and a24. now they are wasted.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

better hashTag for search Youtube-Video ? At the moment many of us use 0ad and sort last upload.

results?search_query=0ad&sp=CAI%253D
but most videos we get is videos from mr. wharton.

So what could be a better hashTag to find last uploaded 0ad videos in future?

22-0608_1327-32: i have decided i will now use the that #new0AD onder every youtube. i recommend you also add this tag to your youTubes. if you have other idea please let me know

Edited by seeh

On 07/06/2022 at 1:47 AM, seeh said:

better hashTag for search Youtube-Video ? At the moment many of us use 0ad and sort last upload.

results?search_query=0ad&sp=CAI%253D
but most videos we get is videos from mr. wharton.

So what could be a better hashTag to find last uploaded 0ad videos in future?

22-0608_1327-32: i have decided i will now use the that #new0AD onder every youtube. i recommend you also add this tag to your youTubes. if you have other idea please let me know

#play0ad

3 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

#play0ad

thanks. (is say thanks like this, as you know send it by icon is buggy in forum/topic/15271 maybe we create a new topic for youtube videos to fix that? quick and dirty sulution).
i will use this in all future videos

Edited by seeh
  • Like 1