Will it be possible to start the game in Alpha 27 with a fully developed city center?

Sodalite

11 minutes ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

I think it’s possible if you enable cheats. But why would you want to skip all the development and economy?

Because this fuss is extremely boring for me. As for cheats, I need the opponent to start from a completely advanced era too. I don't want to start the game in an undeveloped world like Tarquinius.:throw-up: I want to start as Publius Sempronius Sophus - in a fully developed state.B)

6 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Not pessimism, realism, another alpha will be released soon and we are only at the stage of fixing bugs.

I don't need the next alpha as it won't have this feature.:D But if you decide to add it to alpha 28, well, then wake me up in a year.:lazy: [Presses the end of the turn.]

Spoiler

• Sad 1

I think I see what you mean, like AoE3's post-Empires eh? When the game starts, all players are in P3 and all technologies have been developed. Although they still need to collect resources, build facilities and train soldiers from scratch, it saves the effort of researching technologies.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AIEND said:

I think I see what you mean, like AoE3's post-Empires eh? When the game starts, all players are in P3 and all technologies have been developed. Although they still need to collect resources, build facilities and train soldiers from scratch, it saves the effort of researching technologies.

This feature is in all the saga since 1. It is not exclusive to 3.

On 29/04/2023 at 10:35 AM, real_tabasco_sauce said:

I think it’s possible if you enable cheats.But why would you want to skip all the development and economy?

There used to be a large and robust Deathmatch scene back in the MSN Gaming Zone days of AOE1 and AOE2. I myself ran an exclusively Deathmatch clan for these games for about 3 years.

11 minutes ago, Philip the Swaggerless said:

@Sodaliteby the way,  are you referring to technologies only or structures? The are scenarios and skirmish maps where you begin with a city full of structures.  

I believe he is referring to this feature.

https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/death-match-settings-iron-or-post-iron/35400

https://ageofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Post-Imperial_Age

Postimperial_selection.png.d810ef5068a5716871b8a9571ac12f68.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

I love it when they come in like spoiled grumpy babies.

I like to give them harsh answers full of cynicism.

Simply because it's hard to accept how a game from a worthy alternative to Age of Empires degrades into a disgusting parody of Rise of Nations. Instead of popular mechanics, some indistinct areas of buildings are used, twisting on the map like spaghetti. Incomprehensible restrictions on the distance between the towers and all this red tape with the development of the city, and the inability to turn off the game replay recording. Indeed, it's probably worth going back to the original games rather than waiting years for the right alpha. Probably Age of Empires IV will be released on GOG before 0 A.D. a "post-imperial" era will appear.

Yes, I can use the mod, but I don't understand the fundamental reluctance of the developers to integrate it into the game out of the box. I don't understand why good features are kept separate from the base and you have to assemble the game like a clunker every time.

Is it because of Linux that people get the "Bad Piggies" syndrome and the mania to keep every thing separate from the base? Or you yourself do not believe in the future of 0 A.D. and keep the game in a semi-disassembled state?

Edited by Moonstone
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Moonstone said:

Yes, I can use the mod, but I don't understand the fundamental reluctance of the developers to integrate it into the game out of the box. I don't understand why good features are kept separate from the base and you have to assemble the game like a clunker every time.

It seems to me that you are overreacting, there are more important things to add to the game.

Where did they tell you they would not add it?

Not everyone knows this concept if you don't look at the responses of several people.

How is this going to change the gameplay or the experience of the majority of users?

Edited by Lion.Kanzen