Jump to content

Yekaterina

Community Members
  • Posts

    2.919
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    50

Everything posted by Yekaterina

  1. I really like this style of videos. In the future, you and @Player of 0AD can just agree on a time and then join random TGs as specs, then make it a commentary video.
  2. Sorry guys (and Trashy) I didn't want to get you into trouble, I just saw this type of game title and decided to make an example of it. And yes, the elephant was cute
  3. This is not a matter of Profanity, but of Trolling: Culprit: Trashy This is why I suggested a length limit!
  4. I see a new 0AD Youtuber /Streamer on the rise! Well done to the-x aka Björn Bär!
  5. If you use discord then the admin can ban whoever is talking over you
  6. Nice one, but Yekaterinburg did not exist 2000 years ago. However, it is still a good name.. I will do that after some play testing.
  7. Thank you for naming it after me! Let's commit it and implement into A26? By the way, there is a city called Yekaterinburg located in Perm province of Russia, and it has similar geography to your map.
  8. Love it! Finally Mainland has some water for navy. 1 suggestion: make the shorelines less steep so that docks can be built there.
  9. I have played all of these games before... Started sniper 3D when I was 14 PUBG at 15 Call of Duty at 16 lol me
  10. Real Estate Traffic Permit Transfer of Responsibility Ordinance? i don't know what this is. lol. But I doubt anyone will use that as a name... I hope not. If you don't like the char limit then I guess human monitor is necessary.
  11. This dude is 1404 now?! He joined the lobby about 1 month ago and played his first lobby game with me and Jofursloft. From cosmic noob to 1400+ in month is impressive. And, yes, the dude was rude. Anyways, game titles are a big loophole as there isn't much length control or content filter so they can come up with whacky names like this. It should be limited to a certain number of characters. For game titles, I think something in the form: 'TG >1200' (8 chars) '1v1 ~1600' (9 chars) '2v2 <1300' (10 chars) would be sufficient. It is difficult to fit squeeze a personal insult of any severity into merely 10 characters, so that should solve the problem. The longest English word I can think of is Buckminsterfullerene (20 characters) so there is no reason why a game title should be longer than that.
  12. In A24 I was able to win an undermanned battle with jav cav + spearmen without full upgrades. I had 3/4 of the number of my enemy yet I still decimated their army. And it is easy to play as well, no need for great micro. Just set enrollment point close to the front line and click on cav and spearmen in their respective barracks. In A25 it is less effective because the game is faster paced and there is not enough time for the cavalry to arrive before all your melee are dead. But if you are able to hold the line then it is still devastating for the enemy.
  13. You do a Kushite build order and I do a Cart one or Macedon one? Used to like the Macedonians but no preference now.
  14. Ey chill ! I will rush you more often then Expect different types: archer rush, javelin rush, swordsman rush, cavalry rush, P2 push, mercenary rush... all are good strategies for TG.
  15. Yes! Cavalry javelineers can be used to replace infantry javelineers. They are more cost efficient (in terms of wood) and offers more attack and health, so why not! If I get Kush, Carthage I will be using these as my main ranged force. About cavalry archers, they are only deadly in P1 and P2. In P3 it is hard to do damage with them but it is very effective at making your enemy ragequit
  16. ^ lol both of you are better at rushing than booming... @LetswaveaBook @Player of 0AD Care to play a boom contest with me? Even if you can beat my build order, there is still Havran, ChillaOfVanilla, christoffel symbol, chrstgtr, berhudar, juarca and NoobDude to steamroller you in booming if you forget to rush them. So, rushing is great in A25 if you encounter any of these guys.
  17. Why not? If A46 ever comes into existence we can name it that. My idea was: infantry is only strong if a large group of them are TOGETHER. And then I remembered entgegen-zusammen (cis-trans). We can also name it Zebra (because hunt is important)
  18. O chill chill chill it was just a joke, pretend I didn't say it. Sometimes git diff doesn't show you any deleted files, so maybe we need to add a few options after it like -99999
  19. *Sad Carthaginian noises Good idea though Or, we can just call it Zeta. Zusammen? (On the same side, togetherness
  20. There used to be a 0ad player called Ertugrul back in A23. Not sure where they are now.
  21. if y = f(x) then your differential of f with respect to x is: Alt: open a terminal in your 0ad source code folder and type 'git diff' or 'svn diff' then it will show you the differential code. Then ctrl+shift+v to copy it and then paste it into the 'raw diff' textbox of the differential creator.
  22. Well, 0ad doesn't support many input methods, so I guess Hangul is one of them. It's better to just type somewhere else then copy paste. Do you use the Hanja toggle key or a virtual keyboard?
  23. @Norse_Harold I agree with your rules. I will apply those to all the games I host as well. I think I can add 1 more rule: Spectators must not spam nonsense in global chat, as this will seriously distract players from focusing on their micro. An example of such spam is 'mountain people snow people...' or 'follow the white rabbit...' if you know what I am talking about. Exempt cases: if you need to talk to one of the players there urgently, or if all other players don't mind you having a chat with 1 of the players there. Voice chat... come to my discord https://discord.gg/cTaZXvr8
  24. Dear All, I have made a discord server aimed at providing a friendly environment for 0AD players to matchmake and discuss topics related 0AD. It also contains people from my school who are not necessarily 0AD players, who would talk about homework or school plans. Rules: 1. Privacy is important. Please do NOT address each other by their real names, and do not reveal your own real life identity! Also please don't ask people their name, nationality, exact location, gender, school, etc. 2. Talk politely and respect each other. Avoid bringing up politically sensitive topics or too obscene things; the aim of the server is not to spread ideologies, fake news or terrorise people. 3. Use each channel for their designated purpose. Please do not talk about minecraft in a 0ad channel and vice versa. If you want to talk with someone privately, go make your own chat. This is the link: https://discord.gg/cTaZXvr8
  25. I think stone towers are quite useless against cavalry. However, they do decent damage to infantry, especially ranged ones if they are forced to fight under a tower. Towers are useless in a big map against a huge push with siege and cavalry. However, in a tiny map, it can be used to deny enemy resources and snipe enemy units, as well as gain some vision. In that situation, a well placed tower would be OP. That's a mistake by them. Send in rams first to destroy the towers and let your infantry stay somewhere else. If the AI try to hack rams, then use some cavalry to kill their soldiers and research the siege weapon armour techs. Tower spam = slower eco, so you can outboom your AI opponent and crush them with a train of siege early on before they have a chance to mass anything significant against you.
×
×
  • Create New...