Formation Standards (Total War-style flags over battalions)

isn't it the opposite? the flag stays where you put it, but the troups chase enemies and loose it, before going back to it when there are no enemies.

that is the supposed behaviour of formations, and being the flag a debugging tool on top of everything else, its supposed behaviour is signaling the position of the formation element (which has to stay there in order to make formations work as intended).

• Like 2

Some observation:

The animations of the banner when the formation is in movement looks too jittery.

I would be nice if an actual unit could "hold" it. The flank formation looks very funny with the banner floating in the middle. Couldn't the banner just be assigned to the exact position of a unit within the formation, instead of the formation controler?

• Like 1

Its more like floating banner in total war rather than actual banner.

The banner is the formation controller.

The banner carrier can be created but there is number of questions with it.

Can fight, what if dies, is just decoration?

Technically there could be unit instead the banner for formation controller but don't know how animations would work

• Like 1

You can assign a standard carrier unit, but he will stand right in the middle of the formation and overlap any "real" unit that's there.

I will update the banner to look nicer soon. I've just been caught up with other stuff as you can see in Trac. This could be a simple and easy diversion. 

• Like 1

I guess if it is supposed to look like this it's ok. I wasn't thinking directly about creating a specific unit that holds the banner, more like why not just assign the banner to a unit within the formation, instead of the controller. The banner would still "float" but maybe look less ghost like.

7R6aHmJ.png

They are in my local repo and working now. :)

I need someone or someones to make custom flags for the Mauryas and Kushites, as those are the ones that are not license compatible.

maur_infantry_1.png

kush_infantry_1.png

maur_infantry_1.psd kush_infantry_1.psd

Once those 2 are remade, I can commit the whole thing. 

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Thanks 2