Worst In-Game Mistake You've Made?

thephilosopher

What's the worst, most bone-headed mistake you've made while playing 0 A.D.?

Here's mine: A week or two ago, I launched a major invasion shortly after moving to Phase 3. My army entered opponent's territory, defeated some units, and then captured an elephant stable. I selected the elephant stable and deleted it. Except that I had accidentally selected, and deleted, my entire invading army.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, alre said:

Just today I canceled my first batch of 6 women in a rated 1v1, right before it was completed. On another 1v1 some time ago, I destroyed my own CC not unlike you did with the elephant stable. I was trying to get rid of some women

How sexist XD. Cancel culture strikes yet again.

I think my kush club fails are pretty high on the dumb burrito list.

• Like 1

I was playing a team game once as Seleucids from pocket position and I wanted to rock with chariots. So after some booming I am 200 pop and I start to make the chariots. I needed a population space, so I have deleted some women. As I am spending all resources as soon as the get in, I do not have a lot of wood. There are about 80 infantry and 2 women chopping wood and I need the population space. So I grab the bunch and instead of selecting the women from the group, I deselect them and delete the 80 infantry. Since I am low on wood and these units were my wood gathers, I have no wood income to remake them. I end up doing fertility festival to get my population back up, which actually means that after some time I had more women than I had before I started to delete them.

The worst, in the end noobdude runs trough my base and after the game he brags how well he has played and how good Sparta is. If I did not delete about 80 infantry, he would not even make it to my base.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, LetswaveaBook said:

I was playing a team game once as Seleucids from pocket position and I wanted to rock with chariots. So after some booming I am 200 pop and I start to make the chariots. I needed a population space, so I have deleted some women. As I am spending all resources as soon as the get in, I do not have a lot of wood. There are about 80 infantry and 2 women chopping wood and I need the population space. So I grab the bunch and instead of selecting the women from the group, I deselect them and delete the 80 infantry. Since I am low on wood and these units were my wood gathers, I have no wood income to remake them. I end up doing fertility festival to get my population back up, which actually means that after some time I had more women than I had before I started to delete them.

The worst, in the end noobdude runs trough my base and after the game he brags how well he has played and how good Sparta is. If I did not delete about 80 infantry, he would not even make it to my base.

Usually instead of deleting units I just try to fight with about 100-120 of them, leaving enough eco-units to retrain into champions or cav when those units die. This way I fight well enough with CS army and I don't waste as much time trying to reach champion before my first big fight. Iber is fantastic at this because it is possible to be training indibil while your units are fighting right after finishing fort, and the first wave of champions can be made from leftover or bartered res as soon as indibil is trained. One thing that really can beat this is if someone knows what I am up to and goes all in (150 units +siege). Seleucids are great at the "15 min all in", but also have great champion options if the engagement reaches a stalemate.

33 minutes ago, clavz said:

deleting all the barracks instead of the one being captured by the enemy because of a doble click

In a25 I have noticed a lot of accidental double clicks, when I mean to do a single. I thought it was just me and my crap keyboard.

6 hours ago, Player of 0AD said:

Chosing the Kushites. What a weird and annoying civ! xD

Kushites have quite a few powerful things like good cavalry and cheap elephants, not to mention the possibility of training rank 3 healers. I think their main challenge is that CS archers are pretty bad this alpha.

my favorite thing of theirs is the club men mercenary that I fail so much at using.