===[COMMITTED]=== Greaves

Alexandermb

Rome_champ: 24

Mace_champ_e: 28

athen_infantry_spearman: 30 (this one is using weapon texture update just like mace champ)

Spoiler

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Not every unit texture has specularity neither normal map in each texture. Some of them has specularity but don't have it properly on the greaves. And working with the uv in the current state only @wackyserious and @LordGood know how. To be honest the uv in the current state having to stretch the chest and the legs make it kinda annoying to bake textures using 3D Bake.

• Like 1

I mean, simultaneously use two separate spec .png in one actor.

12 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

Not every unit texture has specularity neither normal map in each texture. Some of them has specularity but don't have it properly on the greaves. And working with the uv in the current state only @wackyserious and @LordGood know how. To be honest the uv in the current state having to stretch the chest and the legs make it kinda annoying to bake textures using 3D Bake.

I also do not quite get the context here. Weren't the greaves a separate prop now?

17 minutes ago, wackyserious said:

I mean, simultaneously use two separate spec .png in one actor

Nope, you cannot. However you should never need to. Because if the actor has the prop in its texture then the spec map will be different there, and if the prop has a different texture then it should be a different mesh and have its own actor.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

@Nescio, in my opinion, the wearing of one greave is somewhat unconventional in battle, probably for show-off at peacetime, and a Latin tradition. Greeks, likely out of date range of this game. Maybe one-greave soldiers (especially with intricate designs) can be a rare occurrence, like in 1 out of 10? Gladiators may be an exception.

Edited by Carltonus

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, ProtoMan said:

How are you guys doing this? I don't see any importer or exporter on the forum? Is 3DS Max 5 and 2012 supported? Are the animations all in one model or it's separate like Mega Glest.(1 anim per model. Does it use biped physique or skin?

Using Blender. 3Dsmax 5 maybe, although pretty sure it doesn't run anymore. Each animation is a file, although you can reuse them if you have the same armature. It uses vertex weights.

• Like 1