Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition

I like how alive everything looks. Lots of movement everywhere. 

What I don't like is how smudged and antialiased everything looks though. Some of that might just stem from video compression, but I also had that niggling when viewing many of the high res screenshots released. I might just have to get used to it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, nothing has had any affect, even lowering the resolution.

After setting the game to high priority in task manager, I could get 60 fps right when starting a game, but as soon as something moves the fps drops to 30 and then eventually 20. 7 or less if I’m not all the way zoomed in. At this point I think this is entirely to do with the programming, there’s no reason I should be getting such horrible performance so consistently.

On a side note, I noticed that the main menu only ever runs at 20 fps, so whatever is happening in the game is happening throughout the game.

d1E4ID9.png

https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/horrible-performance-issues/54441/15

Hey, been having crashes after about 10-15mins playtime in multi and playing the scottish tutorial/campagin. added the diagnostic because everyone always wants it. any help would be great thanks in advance for any help

No lag in Stean or AoE?

have solely one issue otherwise none major that I encountered in the 15 min of multiplayer I managed to endure with this lag before quiting. It’s like in the age 2 hd edition where you play multiplayer and one player lags behind and it freezes then after a few seconds it rushes forward up to speed. It was like that but extreme and constantly and also when I clicked on units or tried to drag-select or place farms it usually didn’t work but if i clicked somewhere else o spammed click for several seconds it worked. If it’s linked to the lag I don’t know. Otherwise it seemed promising please fix somehow:p

Edited by Lion.Kanzen