===[COMMITTED]=== Persian Unit Texture Upgrade

wackyserious

11 hours ago, wackyserious said:

@Nescio Sorry if it took several months to address this issue, academics and the work on other textures buried the progress here.

Some basic Sogdian archers (Re-used existing assets) and a more rural Sardian auxillaries. The advanced (animal pelt vests) could also be used for hillmen infantry if we will add them in the future.

Could I use animal pelt vests for basic rank Hyrcanian cavalry?

No need to apologize! Besides, A24 won't be released soon.

Sardian → Lydian (Sardes is the capital of Lydia). The Anatolian peoples (Mysians, Lydians, Carians, Luwians, Hittites, Cappadocians, etc.) were ethno-linguistically related to each other and culturally quite different from the Iranian peoples (living in Media (Atropatene) and beyond).

With hillmen I assume you mean the tribes who gave Xenophon's ten thousand so much trouble, i.e. Armenians (Bronze Age Urartu); though they're not exactly Anatolian, dressing them similarly is fine by me; and I agree hillmen armed with slings, stones, and axes would be a great addition. Feel free to go ahead.

Hyrcania was the eastern part of the coastal area between the Caspian Sea and the Alborz mountains (just north of Tehran). To the east lay Parthia proper, with which it often formed a single satrapy. To the north of Parthia lived the Dahae (Seleucid horse archer), a confederacy consisting of three tribes, one of which, the Parni, seized Parthia from the Seleucids and went on to form the Parthian (Arsacid) Empire. To the east of Parthia lay Aria, Bactriana, Sogdiana. All those were Iranian peoples (as were Scythians and Persians) and shouldn't look like Anatolians.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
于 2020 年 6 月 1 日上午 11 点 17 分,wackyserious 说道:

最新的?cb=20160112103441最新的?cb=20160107140227最新的?cb=20160112103442最新的?cb=20160107140304

从 Europa Barbarorum II 汲取灵感,这些是亚美尼亚、安纳托利亚和伊朗单位的混合体。

Actually one of the things that puzzles me about some mods and game designs including EB2 is that any kind of Persian infantry they make looks like an archer, where the spear always doesn't have a helmet (but may wear a breastplate ), and only a hood, carrying a large shield that is not suitable for hand-to-hand combat. But in reality, the Athenians captured an Assyrian pointed helmet worn by the Persians. Herodotus' book also contains records of Assyrian infantry in the Persian army. Why not make the Persian spearmen into Assyrians What about people like that?

2 hours ago, AIEND said:

Actually one of the things that puzzles me about some mods and game designs including EB2 is that any kind of Persian infantry they make looks like an archer, where the spear always doesn't have a helmet (but may wear a breastplate ), and only a hood, carrying a large shield that is not suitable for hand-to-hand combat. But in reality, the Athenians captured an Assyrian pointed helmet worn by the Persians. Herodotus' book also contains records of Assyrian infantry in the Persian army. Why not make the Persian spearmen into Assyrians What about people like that?

Because what is described in Herodotus doesn't necessarily apply for the 3rd century BC at the time of the Seleucid empire. EB2 is strict about the material of the time period.

• Like 1

7 小时前,Genava55 说:

因为希罗多德所描述的并不一定适用于塞琉古帝国时期的公元前 3 世纪。 EB2对时间段的材料要求严格。

But how did those infantry like archers show that they existed until later? In fact, in the Total War series of games, even in the period of the Parthian Dynasty, they were still portrayed as "Eastern Infantry".

Kamandar i Kappodakiya, Anatolian Archers   KeBhqF7.jpg
Arvadnii Kappodakiya, Anatolian Tribesmen  g2xeOSo.jpg
Nezagdar i Kappodakiya, Anatolian Spearmen  0TJdb4b.jpg
Mudunup i Kappodakiya, Anatolian Light Cavalry  SP2JsiX.jpg
Aswar i Kappodakiya, Anatolian Medium Cavalry   HwVqcMi.jpg
Doryphoroi Pontikoi, Pontic Spearmen  LztknCA.jpg
Uazali, Karian Warband   r4I1j51.jpg
Doryphoroi kata Galaton, Doryphoroi kata Galaton   uOumUyE.jpg
Machairophoroi kata Galaton, Galatianised Swordsmen   iA34d45.jpg
Phæzæghashkha,North-Western Caucasian Infantry   n4temyT.jpg
Hayots Ayrudzi, Caucasian Lancers  j2agNsE.jpg
Hai Nizagamartik, Armenian Spearmen   C17P4VM.jpg
Netadzik Ayrudzi, Armenian Horse-Archers   6g8HoJh.jpg
Tiknazor, Armenian Bodyguard   C7Rh4bS.jpg
Dranik Gund,Armenian Royal Guard   mrUfVWk.jpg
Aznvakan Aspet, Armenian Cataphracts   Aqi6yYG.jpg
Payadag i Gurgan, Hyrkanian Hillmen   7Gp4dBQ.jpg
Payadag i Falakhanan, Eastern Slingers   ngdNhav.jpg
Eranag Payadag, Western Iranian Archer-Spearmen  hZN9wXM.jpg
Kamandar i Pars, Persian Archers   cA60dxi.jpg
Aryanag Payadag, Eastern Iranian Archer-Spearmen   XJtOTTw.jpg
Payadag iAshtan , Iranian Javelinmen  y6AJX68.jpg
Eranag Payadag i Taparan, Iranian Axemen   6FoGY8p.jpg
Nezagdar, Iranian Spearmen  tqickr4.jpg
Payadag i Kardakan, Persian Heavy Spearmen   qVSqVvo.jpg
Regalin, Akkadian Heavy Infantry  BkV0S7u.jpg
Eranag Aswar i Ashtan, Iranian Javelin Cavalry  sya1SDH.jpg
Eranag Aswar, Iranian Medium Cavalry  HZePzhA.jpg
Aswar i Mad,  Median Cavalry  f30JZdy.jpg
Aswar i Khweshawandan, Iranian Heavy Cavalry, Iranian Royal Cavalry   KZDC4w3.jpg
Payadag i Balk, Baktrian Tribesmen   c4B9WXM.jpg
Aswar i Rakhvad, Arachosian Cavalry   maqunfu.jpg