Suggestion: One voice actor per unit

ubik

13 minutes ago, ubik said:

I've found that clicking on a unit multiple times and having him/her change voices each time breaks the illusion of the game. Would it be possible/easy to assign only one audio file per unit? I think it would help with the realism.

Thanks.

We even haven't finish some audio yet. we lack of audio department.

11 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

We even haven't finish some audio yet. we lack of audio department.

True, but this is a different thing: the sound system uses the existing sound files and slightly changes them to make it sound as if there are more different sounds than there actually is. So the solution might be to tie that modification to the entity rather than just have it random :unsure:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, feneur said:

True, but this is a different thing: the sound system uses the existing sound files and slightly changes them to make it sound as if there are more different sounds than there actually is. So the solution might be to tie that modification to the entity rather than just have it random :unsure:

Can bind the randomized pitch to the entity ID. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, feneur said:

is important too, no only variance of pitch.

13 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Can bind the randomized pitch to the entity ID. 

That's a good idea. A solution could be to use the modulo operator on the entity ID, with the quantity of different pitches. The resulting number then would be used to select the pitch for that entity. It would no longer be randomized, but it feel random in most cases, and it would automatically be bound to the entity ID.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2017 at 10:15 AM, stanislas69 said:

Patches are welcome 

I'm not sure I am familiar enough with the code base to produce one, but I took a look at the code, and this could work:

float((m_PitchLower * 100.0f + source % (int((m_PitchUpper - m_PitchLower) * 100.0f) + 1)) / 100.0f)

(replacing  the call to RandFloat in line 207 of /source/soundmanager/scripting/SoundGroup.cpp)