===[COMMITED]=== Ptolemaic Klēroukhia (Military Colony)

Stan`

Actually I like the mosaic a lot! :) 

But yeah, the thing that harms the current implementation a bit is the mix of different styles... What if the center building would be less hellenistic? (a bit less like the seleucid temple and a bit more like f.e. the barracks?)

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/6/2016 at 2:10 PM, LordGood said:

The one on the left is how I would have gone about merging the two styles. Sometimes its useful to use the fly-through function in blender to drop yourself into your building and see at a ground level what's an architectural oddity, and what's missing. ie-

"colonist walks up to impressive, and defensible colony stoa and wonders where he's going to be sleeping tonight." - add ambiguous buildings, building extensions, or tents-

"where will I train?" -training grounds, targets, dummies

ect

and since the colony is a mini civic center, perhaps bring some civic center elements into it, like only two flagpoles or just one obelisk to make it aesthetically "less but same"

anyhow, I hope this helps!

colony_edit.jpg

stan_edit.jpg

Update

Ptol_-_Military_Colony10.png

• Like 7

I think it look really good. Only thing that needs to be better is the texturing of the obeliks. Maybe use the texture from the Temple Edfu wonder for the obelisk..

One more thing that I think would make it blend the two styles: Hellenic and Egyptian, would be to add the Hellenic entryway from Lordgoo's sketch.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1

Well according to the design documents of which I updated the links here in the concepts section : http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/ArtDesignDocument -> http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Civ%3A_
There was no Klēroukhia for Ptolemies only for Seleucids. Since @Enrique created this ticket #2214 he, or @LordGood might know more about it.

Edited by stanislas69