Your 0 A.D. Screenshots

dolomiti

On 18/06/2022 at 11:09 AM, Alar1k said:

Just an idea inspired by the hill removal - what if the new map named "plainland" would have little ponds of water instead of cliffs - mainly so that one could use fishing advantage and also make Athene civ more balanced since they could finally get their full potential since they have mercs and champions locked to only maps with bodies of water present

screenshot0005.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/07/2022 at 7:41 PM, LetswaveaBook said:

I increased the number of ponds and pond size.

@Alar1k The question is not if you can do it, the question is whether you will spend time on making these maps.

screenshot0006.png

This looks really nice!

And yeah, I agree with what you said, I personally have little to no skills in map design so I usually get lost whenever I try to implement my ideas hahah :self_hammer:

• 1 month later...
On 08/09/2022 at 8:40 PM, Stan` said:

According to Vlad nothing changed can you reproduce that screenshot in SVN? You need to use whole map shadows.

I recall testing this with Wow on IRC, was it the default map height? I can't exactly remember tbh. But something defnitely changes shadow sharpness.

EDIT: Found the log, read from 11:49: https://irclogs.wildfiregames.com/%230ad-dev/2022-01-14-QuakeNet-%230ad-dev.log

Edited by Grapjas
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Grapjas said:

I recall testing this with Wow on IRC, was it the default map height? I can't exactly remember tbh. But something defnitely changes shadow sharpness.

EDIT: Found the log, read from 11:49: https://irclogs.wildfiregames.com/%230ad-dev/2022-01-14-QuakeNet-%230ad-dev.log

According to Vlad it has always been the case. Maybe the new maps suffer from it?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stan` said:

According to Vlad it has always been the case. Maybe the new maps suffer from it?

Don't know. My test map which is just flat terrain had that issue too. Maybe there were some changes to atlas in that regard?

EDIT: i think my test map was A23 originally, maybe beginning of A24

Edited by Grapjas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...