Geriatrix Stop behaving like this

4 hours ago, Norse_Harold said:

Meanwhile Geriatrix has probably 40 pages of accusations in lobby and in-game chat, and counting. So yeah, we need four pages on addressing the claims of Geriatrix.

Have fun. It's pretty clear what his deal is. Having another 400 pages on the forum isn't going to change anyone's mind or change any of the underlying facts. 

I'm out. 

Edited by chrstgtr

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Atrik this post is not for discussing progui we created a another thread,

our question is did you stopped playing because of moderation, @BreakfastBurrito_007 and @real_tabasco_sauce
as far as I know is not a moderator of 0AD, so if you have personal issues against them open a new thread.
but as far I know geriatrix is the one who constantly insulted your mod,

I don't have proof but his comments on your mod was insulting, also he said my mod mainland-twilight was a blind copy paste of feldfeld when feldfeld changed some part of his mod my mod crashed.
like wise he called you cheater and so on.
I usually never see @BreakfastBurrito_007 or @real_tabasco_sauce too aggressive against your mod.
your mod will absolutely enhance your performance  may be they got really frustrated by watching good players struggling against automation. If you play Age of Empires even batch training is not available. but progui is pure magic when it comes to training units.

5 hours ago, leopard said:

@Atrik this post is not for discussing progui we created a another thread

I haven't brought the topic myself once. Every single instance of it being debated here was @BreakfastBurrito_007 or @real_tabasco_sauce starting to talk about it. (As always when it pops as a off topic).

AND I haven't replied this thread once, unless tagged or quoted. Please check by yourself.

About your divide with Geriatrix I didn't pick his side against you, nor yours against him. I've expressed that Geriatrix have no reasons to be moderated and that his behavior is far from unforeseen. I'm not unaware that he criticized me or my doings for a very long time, yet I still had fun learning from him. Better sort out how you guys can live together as the community of this game is already tiny, and Geriatrix is one of the players that holds some experience that others can learn from.

"I usually never see @BreakfastBurrito_007 or @real_tabasco_sauce too aggressive against your mod" is this a joke?

2 hours ago, Atrik said:

I've expressed that Geriatrix have no reasons to be moderated and that his behavior is far from unforeseen.

There only way that there is no reason for a "moderator's attention" is when everyone involved is following the lobby terms of use.

Since you seem to be friends with Geriatrix, would you please ask him privately to stop doing things that are against the lobby terms of use. Thanks.

Edited by Norse_Harold

1 hour ago, Norse_Harold said:

Since you seem to be friends with Geriatrix, would you please ask him privately to stop doing things that are against the lobby terms of use. Thanks.

Alright :gossip: Geriatrix doesn't care about my opinion, doesn't act based on others advises but let's try to be helpful.
Please, Geriatrix, kindly let @leopard enjoy the game, as he is a respectable member of the community.

As for Geriatrix actions, I understand you consider them an offense in games you host @Norse_Harold, and punish it by banning (your games are a nice place to be in btw, because of your oversights) but in that case you weren't host. And as said, threats of pausing/leaving a game unless a specific spec is banned is common behavior. So If you think you need to take action against Geriatrix, you should also pursue all offenders (they are too much).

• Like 1

On 25/08/2024 at 6:34 AM, chrstgtr said:

Have fun. It's pretty clear what his deal is. Having another 400 pages on the forum isn't going to change anyone's mind or change any of the underlying facts. 

I'm out. 

@chrstgtr what you said about Geriatrix can be applied to "anyone" here, more particularly the one who tries to be tricky with words here.

4 hours ago, Atrik said:

Please, Geriatrix, kindly let @leopard enjoy the game, as he is a respectable member of the community.

I am laughing 1 minute standing up for your amazing Joke.

8 hours ago, Atrik said:

Geriatrix is one of the players that holds some experience that others can learn from

yes we understand you learned a lot from him, keep learning. you know what he is pro at, wasting others time.

8 hours ago, Atrik said:

About your divide with Geriatrix I didn't pick his side against you, nor yours against him. I've expressed that Geriatrix have no reasons to be moderated and that his behavior is far from unforeseen.

exactly what Geriatrix would say. you are on his side, clear as crystal.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, leopard said:

exactly what Geriatrix would say. you are on his side, clear as crystal.

Not a very good way to deescalate your issue to accuse random peeps to be on his side.
I remember leaving Geriatrix's rooms for banning players. I also never hesitated to criticize Norse_Harold moderation. I never noticed they held grudge because they know better then that I'm "picking a side".

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Atrik said:

Not a very good way to deescalate your issue to accuse random peeps to be on his side.
I remember leaving Geriatrix's rooms for banning players. I also never hesitated to criticize Norse_Harold moderation. I never noticed they held grudge because they know better then that I'm "picking a side".

Then stop pricking us, please. I specifically said 'pricking'; I am not mistaking the word 'picking' for 'pricking.' I said 'pricking' because your words are filled with needles that pricking us. I understand you don’t mean to slice or stab us to death, but you definitely intend to pricking us. Admit it.

Edited by leopard

4 hours ago, leopard said:

Then stop pricking us, please. I specifically said 'pricking'; I am not mistaking the word 'picking' for 'pricking.' I said 'pricking' because your words are filled with needles that pricking us. I understand you don’t mean to slice or stab us to death, but you definitely intend to pricking us. Admit it.

If things I say irritate you, you shouldn't have solicited me in your thread. Now if you think people are trying to offend you even when they call you "respectable", then the problem might just be you. I'm very less surprised of what happened with Geriatrix, now that It appear you are kinda trying to provoke conflicts. Thoughts I had enough conflicts on this forum I should stop replying to non-sens hatred.

Two wrong don't make a right, people. If one person is acting up, it doesn't give you permission to also act up. Let's not be threatening to leave team games based on lies, spreading rumors about moderation based on lies, trying to get moderators canceled based on lies, using lots of duplicate accounts, calling people 1200 or other pejoratives, or for that matter calling a person a cheater when their mod isn't considered by moderators to be cheating, or using the word "pr*ck" many times without explaining what specifically we're concerned about.

Please ensure that discussion here is on-topic and is logical discourse based on facts.

leopard has expressed concern that he feels like there is a group of people harassing him and spreading lies about him, and gathering more people to do that. Whether this is true, or not, his natural response to that feeling is to fight back. He has a temper that causes him to lash out in defense. That doesn't mean he's provoking people or the cause of everything that Geriatrix has done. That's rewriting history to say that. So, all of you please have patience, see the human behind the words, never attribute to malice that which can otherwise be attributed to ignorance, and calmly state facts instead of just opinions and feelings.

Edited by Norse_Harold
  • Like 3

On 27/08/2024 at 7:56 PM, Atrik said:

If things I say irritate you, you shouldn't have solicited me in your thread. Now if you think people are trying to offend you even when they call you "respectable", then the problem might just be you. I'm very less surprised of what happened with Geriatrix, now that It appear you are kinda trying to provoke conflicts. Thoughts I had enough conflicts on this forum I should stop replying to non-sens hatred.

Today I got a message from @Player of 0AD
image.png.79481a3d7736cefe6437472612d83fb5.png

On 27/08/2024 at 7:56 PM, Atrik said:

now that It appear you are kinda trying to provoke conflicts.

looks like an army of people trying to make me to stop playing or keep doing anything related to 0AD.

I don't want to teach you anything, I hope you are matured enough to understand.

OP attack from weirdJokes, It really hurt! You Guys win!
may be @Norse_Harold. we can close this thread now!

2 hours ago, leopard said:

looks like an army of people trying to make me to stop playing or keep doing anything related to 0AD.

You created this thread and got a lot of support. I don't know if anyone will be able to help you at this point.

11 hours ago, leopard said:

Today I got a message from @Player of 0AD
image.png.79481a3d7736cefe6437472612d83fb5.png

This was confirmed by the moderation team to be the actual private message that Player of 0AD sent to leopard.

Player of 0AD was issued infraction points on the forum for the abusive, harassing, and sexually oriented conduct.

Please get along, people. Let this resolve this issue, and be friends or at least neutral, please.

• Confused 1

Chaps, this a is only a game, not war.

Winning or loosing a game is in fact just that. It does not mean anything in real life.

So, try to be civilized, act like decent grown-ups and make an effort to not insult each others. Should be not that difficult.

(and - maybe I am missing something - but I still don't understand why a spectator can be considered disturbing enough to request him to be banned from speccing)

24 minutes ago, Grautvornix said:

(and - maybe I am missing something - but I still don't understand why a spectator can be considered disturbing enough to request him to be banned from speccing)

Those players probably aren't spooked by certain someones looking at their gaming but are much more likely unwilling to put up with their comments.

Ah ok. Noob question: Do you confirm that spectators can chat with players during the game?

Strange, this appears to me a bit like watching a poker game and being able to see all cards while being able to talk to players. Isn't that a bit interfering with the game? Wouldn't it be better if spectator comments were visible amongst spectators only? (or were you referring to comments within the forum - that's another story of course)

1 hour ago, Grautvornix said:

(or were you referring to comments within the forum - that's another story of course)

No, I was talking about in-game comments. You can choose if it is spec only or all; I don't know what else, I don't do MP/chat.

Sometimes there's chat between players and specs; it can be disrupting but that's up to everybody involved.

Not that my opnion matters here by any means, but I am a bit puzzled here. I would hate it if spectators provided my opponent player info on my status or movements. As I wrote: this is a bit like in a card game when spectators talk openly about my hand and my opponents would thus know which cards I have. Learning a lot in these days...

Always thought spectators were really just monitoring the game being played and maybe exchange comments amongst themselves. 

Does it make any sense as is? (I do apologize for this off-topic discussion)

18 minutes ago, Grautvornix said:

Always thought spectators were really just monitoring the game being played and maybe exchange comments amongst themselves. 

it's mostly like that, but there is a common chat too. observers can't have private chats with players, just chat between themselves and in the common chat open to everybody.

3 hours ago, Grautvornix said:

I would hate it if spectators provided my opponent player info on my status or movements. As I wrote: this is a bit like in a card game when spectators talk openly about my hand and my opponents would thus know which cards I have.

This is why I have a rule in games that I host where "ghosting", meaning revealing important information as a spectator, is disallowed. It's rare to see spectators revealing information about what's happening in the game, and I think that most hosts disallow this implicitly. I sometimes see them punishing people who reveal information as spectators.

Instead, spectators tend to speak in global chat for social reasons, or as an audience reacting to what has already happened in the game. I think that the vast majority of people know what kind of conduct is expected as a spectator.