Alpha 27 Pre-release/Release Candidate Build Testing

On 22/03/2024 at 9:24 AM, Stan` said:

I think it's because Athen has a custom town/city phase.

They're the only civ I saw it in the structure tree, but since my Spartan ally has the same messages I suspect all Hellenes share that.

It's not super important, but a) I like consistency; and b) if we knew or came up with the equivalents for the other civs it would add some flavor.

1 hour ago, Gurken Khan said:

If someone knew our file structure and how a command line works, would it be difficult to just batch check for that code snippet?

Not that hard, but a little still.

For all templates with the garrison component,
    for all actors of those templates
         if there is no garrisoned variant then you have a missing flag.

Then for all the dae files referenced in that actor you need to ensure they have a prop-garrisonedYYY else the model needs to be adjusted.

Something like that

<node id="prop-box_02" name="prop-box_02" type="NODE">
          <matrix sid="transform">-1.62921e-7 -1 0 -0.8 1 -1.62921e-7 0 -0.08623493 0 0 1 3.79285e-4 0 0 0 1</matrix>
        </node>

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/art/meshes/props/box_pile_01.dae#L71

Else you can convince someone to rewrite the system so that the prop point(s) is/are set in the templates instead and convince that person to extract all the data from those nodes and put them in the templates instead. This way adding a flag will be easier for you (Also you can change the civ depending on the owner :P )

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Stan&#x60; said:

Something like that

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh. There's so much I don't know that I won't go through the files myself.

16 hours ago, Stan&#x60; said:

Else you can convince someone

Obviously I'm not gonna convince anybody. Maybe someone sees it and will think it's simply the better solution or it will be part of a general overhaul or something. Until then I will just keep an eye out for stumbling unto buildings without flag (and keep my "Cato" in the sig for a while).

I manually went through all the civs and all the buildings (I think); here's where I found missing flags:
 athen - Theatron
 cart - Embassies
 gaul - Tegia, Remogantium
 iber - Etxe
 mace - Theatron
 pers - Huvada
 ptol - Theatron
 rome - Domus
 sele - Oikos, Theatron

I was surprised that all civs can garrison forges (which all have flags) as it serves no purpose except for the Han (dunno if it's still the goal to make it so).

For the visibility of flags on wall turrets it's not good when the gates are higher (like Maurya), but I think it's especially problematic with the Iberians; because of the sideways position of the flag it can be "swallowed" by the gate:

0ad-dorrefalseflag.jpg.8c5975fb0abc640b393896ab7f04ea72.jpg

22 hours ago, Gurken Khan said:

Healers also have an "attack move", yet they don't verbally acknowledge the order; would be nice if they said something.

I wonder how you say, "I am violating my principles I'm a doctor not a warrior!" in Greek?

Edited by ShadowOfHassen
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ShadowOfHassen said:

I wonder how you say, "I am violating my principles I'm a doctor not a warrior!" in Greek.

Good for you that you are inquisitive.

Especially since they're doing their usual stuff (healing) when on an "attack move", I think some generic "I will do that" or something would be just fine.

19 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

Good for you that you are inquisitive.

Especially since they're doing their usual stuff (healing) when on an "attack move", I think some generic "I will do that" or something would be just fine.

" I will"

I think that phrase works well.

It will depend on the language of each faction how it is heard.

The shorter the sentence the better.

I just did some combat demo huge testing on svn vs a26. Not using vulcan here because of screen tearing issues I reported earlier.

a26 - 4 avg fps, lots of stutters.

svn - 25 avg fps, no stutters.

That's really great stuff to see, so well done @wraitii @vladislavbelov @phosit and more!

I noticed that the bodies really make a difference as well, which is why @nani has an option to turn off the bodies in autociv. I wonder if it would be impactful at all to make the sinking animation for the bodies much more coarse, aka updating the dead soldier less frequently. Its not like the animation needs to be ultra smooth, since ppl don't pay much attention to it.

Edited by real_tabasco_sauce
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I am not able to reproduce this behaviour.

When I start a match on the map 'Neareastern Badlands' (Vorderasiatisches Ödland) with Han as my chosen civ, I have ten units and a pop count of ten. If I let the Han minister commit suicide, I'll have nine units with a pop count of nine. See screenshots below:

713068346_Hanminister_alive.png

1755744952_Hanminister_dead.png

• Like 1

On 15/04/2024 at 2:30 AM, Gurken Khan said:

I'm at Elephantine and majorly displeased that I can't capture Gaia towers. I assume it's a bug and not a feature? Other Gaia buildings (temple, pyramid) are capturable as usual.

Checked that and for me it's intended (gameplay), not a bug.

Elephantine1.png

Elephantine2.png

Elephantine3.png

On 05/04/2024 at 12:52 AM, real_tabasco_sauce said:

I wonder if it would be impactful at all to make the sinking animation for the bodies much more coarse, aka updating the dead soldier less frequently. Its not like the animation needs to be ultra smooth, since ppl don't pay much attention to it.

This is an interesting notion. Just bumping this part for visibility.

On 04/04/2024 at 10:52 PM, real_tabasco_sauce said:

I just did some combat demo huge testing on svn vs a26. Not using vulcan here because of screen tearing issues I reported earlier.

a26 - 4 avg fps, lots of stutters.

svn - 25 avg fps, no stutters.

That's really great stuff to see, so well done @wraitii @vladislavbelov @phosit and more!

I noticed that the bodies really make a difference as well, which is why @nani has an option to turn off the bodies in autociv. I wonder if it would be impactful at all to make the sinking animation for the bodies much more coarse, aka updating the dead soldier less frequently. Its not like the animation needs to be ultra smooth, since ppl don't pay much attention to it.

9 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

This is an interesting notion. Just bumping this part for visibility.

There should be a topic about this.

1 hour ago, Gurken Khan said:

0ad-lou-aaf.jpg.128b2503c0aa2d2d5f7ee291d3acf231.jpg

Did I ever mention that our ships are annoying AF ?

Why can't my dude repair it? What's his friggin problem? He's rubbing right against that MF. He can enter it but not repair it ???

Pathfinding issue.

Pathfinder of ships is not the same as that of ground units.

Although I don't think that is the entire cause of the bug.