proGUI

Atrik

screenshot.thumb.png.c5a7baea5f27067f80bebf986034b0cc.png

ProGUI Is a fork of @Langbart 's BoonGUI with in mind game-play improvemt.
-List idle units and buildings (first two rows on left), fast select.
-Visualize productions and army composition (two smaller rows below).

Additional useful features/hotkeys to master your boom.

https://gitlab.com/4trik/proGUI
Quickly install with Pyromod (V0.0.26) proGUI-3f6fdb1bfc90de18af423ba22168fb2f050bbe9e.pyromod 

Edit:
Maintained version with @rossenburg: https://gitlab.com/4trik/proGUI

Edited by Atrik
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Atrik said:

You start the game with all units going into CC and unloading on resources.

https://gitlab.com/mentula0ad/QuickStart

Wasn't working with BoonGUI I think so I just added it to my bundle.

Meh. I am not a fan of scripts that automate the game as it provides an unfair advantage. The advantage here is de minimis, but I just dislike the concept. 

There was a player a few alphas ago who had a script that did all eco for him (made women, built storehouses, houses, built farms, directed units to all res, barracks, etc.). So all he did was micro rushes against players that were trying to do eco and defend rush at the same time. 

Edited by chrstgtr
  • Like 6

Yes, playing with a bot isn't fun. QuickStart just manage the first 5 sec, it's not even optimized to make best possible moves.

As for my GUI, it's just a empowerment:
=> instead of clicking in barracks to train units, you can use the panel.
It just like a smarter queue.

Also I think someone already cited your name @chrstgtr  in people that should use Auto-Tribute, this because you always have 10k food and forget to share with an ally who lost all farms. :P

Edited by Atrik
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Atrik said:

Also I think someone already cited your name @chrstgtr  in people that should use Auto-Tribute, this because you always have 10k food and forget to share with an ally who lost all farms. :P

auto tribute can be helpful. But usually when I have too much of a res it is because my ally doesn't ask. Perfect communication would always be far preferable to auto-tribute

Edited by chrstgtr

1 hour ago, chrstgtr said:

auto tribute can be helpful. But usually when I have too much of a res it is because my ally doesn't ask. Perfect communication would always be far preferable to auto-tribute

I ask a 1000000 times even tried pausing the game, you are simply just too arrogant you left me to die alone, learn from @Player of 0AD @chrstgtr, when I was macedonians he game me metal in 1000s and asked me to make mercs, I was not even thinking about going mercs, but it was quick thinking from his part. as a TG player you are someone I don't want me in my team because you let your allies die.

Edited by leopard
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, leopard said:

I ask a 1000000 times even tried pausing the game, you are simply just too arrogant you left me to die alone, learn from @Player of 0AD @chrstgtr, when I was macedonians he game me metal in 1000s and asked me to make mercs, I was not even thinking about going mercs, but it was quick thinking from his part. as a TG player you are someone I don't want me in my team because you let your allies die.

I do share. It may not be as much as you want or at the exact time that you want it, but I do. 

As a general principle, my eco balance in late game is very different from other players because I stockpile res and then try to overwhealm enemies with greater numbers. That often makes me look like I am floating way more res than I actually am. Because of this, it is not uncommon for me to go from 2-3K in res down to 0 in a very, very short period of time. Likewise, I often do not feed "worse" players during boom because it allows an enemy to rush a "worse" player but have the effect of rushing a "better" player. It often isn't as simple as it seems, and just because you ask doesn't mean I can 

Edited by chrstgtr
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, chrstgtr said:

I often do not feed "worse" players during boom because it allows an enemy to rush a "worse" player but have the effect of rushing a "better" player. It often isn't as simple as it seems

that explains everything, you think I am a "worse" player.
you don't know how team game works, a live ally is better than dead ally!
idling resources is also "worse" player behavior,
if you think you massed up and win enemies is only because you get lucky sometimes,
as far as I know I have never seen you do that successfully ever.

2 minutes ago, leopard said:

that explains everything, you think I am a "worse" player.

No offense, but I am a much better player than you. I don't think that is a widely contested belief. 

4 minutes ago, leopard said:

idling resources is also "worse" player behavior,

You didn't read what I wrote above. 

Agree to disagree. 

44 minutes ago, chrstgtr said:

It may not be as much as you want or at the exact time that you want it, but I do

if its not as much as ally want or at the exact time! what good it will do if the ally is dead or lost his military buildings? 

if it is later case he will need to restart from everything and it takes time
and people like you start calling them noob useless etc

it takes 10min at least to get 200 units if allies are not supporting.

it can take less if they feed you with res

Edited by leopard

1 minute ago, chrstgtr said:

You didn't read what I wrote above. 

I did and I don't think it is a good idea may work sometimes but it is risky,

if you don't want to share res use that res to do something useful like going to corral eco or some other op stuff which I don't know may be you know

2 minutes ago, leopard said:

and people like you start calling them noob useless etc

I have definitely never called you a noob. Nor have I seriously ever said it anyone else. I will only say it to the people I am friendly with and joke with them about. 

Please do not spread misinformation. 

Agree to disagree on your other/previous statements. 

guys its off topic, and there are times when and when not to feed/help a rushed ally, and player skill is taken into that valuation unoffensively. simple as that.

The main topic at hand is way more concerning. It is about the design scope of 0ad. I have noticed @Atrik's mod in-game and find it very interesting. In other games they consider such features as autoqueue, % management, and especially quick-start to be "macros" that automate smaller aspects of the game. In some games it is allowed and in others they are not, but it is important for us to decide on a boundary for them in 0ad. In Aoe2 there have been macros that allow for rapid sequential placement of farms and 1-to-1 villager assignment with 1 click and drag, and this is a cheat.

I am confident that someone could design a feature that automatically executes the "sniping" micromanagement technique that we have been using in the current meta, and this would be disastrous.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, chrstgtr said:

I have definitely never called you a noob

but you think I am a "worse" player, don't be a hypocrite

47 minutes ago, chrstgtr said:

I often do not feed "worse" players during boom because it allows an enemy to rush a "worse" player but have the effect of rushing a "better" player

not only boom you don't share res after you are 200 pop based on my experience 
and If I was a better player I won't even need your resources most probably 

I am not trying to teach you anything here.
I am just saying if you had shared some res probably there was a chance for me to come back and be useful in games and that's it

3 minutes ago, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

guys its off topic, and there are times when and when not to feed/help a rushed ally, and player skill is taken into that valuation unoffensively. simple as that.

a feature to auto tribute is in @Atrik mod

ys don't need to talk about it too much.

8 minutes ago, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

The main topic at hand is way more concerning.

yes automating everything is cheating and disrespectful to players who developed skills over years and it will make playing games pointless.

its like start game start scripts and go to sleep.

19 minutes ago, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

The main topic at hand is way more concerning

I agree that it is "cheating." I feel the same about "features" like auto-queue. With that said, this mod's "cheat" it is immaterial as it may make him 1s faster and I think @Atrik or @Mentula are acting with only good intentions. The other scenarios that you describe and the scenario I described where I old player used to automate their eco is far more concerning and would truly be problematic. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chrstgtr said:

let's move on and stop with the insults

I was not insulting, I was discussing and stating my thoughts and I know it may not be correct but my only intention is to discuss may be make it more easy to play when you are in team.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

Let's have a boom race, chrstgtr against automated eco

Fortunately, the old player that had an eco script based it on their own boom, which wasn't very good. Nonetheless, it provided them with a huge unfair advantage. That script may not have been a game ruiner. And this mod may not be a game ruiner. But someone, some where down the line, will create a script where the machines rise up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, chrstgtr said:

I agree that it is "cheating." I feel the same about "features" like auto-queue. With that said, this mod's "cheat" it is immaterial as it may make him 1s faster and I think @Atrik or @Mentula are acting with only good intentions. The other scenarios that you describe and the scenario I described where I old player used to automate their eco is far more concerning and would truly be problematic. 

When feature is available to EVERYONE it is not cheating but it is game feature. Use your words wisely. 

Also any new features usually comes from smart people. It is kind of automation (easing manual repetive tasks) and focus more on strategy. Usually this is how game should evolve.

It cannot be considered as cheating. 

Cheating is what gives you advantage and you don't have access to it.

- Game modification which are not publicly available and not possible to integrate to future 0ad version to enhance game play
- Modification of game stats
- Physical hw cheatings / different HW (faster, better mouse, mechanical keyboard...) these nobody considers, but gives huge advantage in response times.  Auto-aim, multiclicks... etc..

• Like 4

• Atrik changed the title to proGUI