Jump to content

Seleucids

Community Members
  • Posts

    560
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    19

Everything posted by Seleucids

  1. I just built a new release, 27.0.4. Please check if you can download that. You can install the mod from its source code in the link above, by downloading it as a zip. Newest version is 27.0.4 That 27.0.2 you have is very outdated
  2. Let's have a thread where we can discuss different strategies in TG and 1v1 to make our gameplay more interesting! Some interesting TG strategies that I have observed: 1. Min 11 double push. Two players boom with infantry then suddenly send all to attack the enemy border, causing them to loose huge amount of units and all wood eco. Then the two pull back if the pocket is going to help. To prepare for this, you need to make only 50 women and 4 barracks to spam out infantry so that you get a lead before min11; at the same time you must scout where the enemy woodlines and economy zones are. If the enemies are unaware, you can beat both in one go. You can also set up outposts and palisades beforehands to prevent the pocket from coming to help. 2. Siege Hail. One player makes an insane amount of ram 25~40, then the other comes with infantry for ground support. The siege spammer should garrison their eco infantry into the rams when attacking; the garrisoned units can serve as repairers. They should also research all siege related upgrades. The supporting player should ideally use more ranged inf than melee inf. Entire bases will be obliterated in minutes and the enemy will have to rebuild. If they focus on taking out rams, then they will get killed by the supporting inf. Tough choices. 3. Boltshooters + elephants. Use elephants to protect your boltshooters and do massive damage.
  3. Your ISP nubbed. Try a VPN or proxy server. psiphon3 is a nice one
  4. Hi, I believe that if you clone from nani's latest repository https://github.com/nanihadesuka/autociv/tree/master You should not encounter this problem. I will look into this.
  5. A28 Belle A tribute to the amazing artworks by Stan A28- Belle Étoile
  6. All maps stop lagging when you use Enhanced GUI, but that takes the pretty part away...
  7. 1. Just call it Beta. It's the first beta release. 2. Balance (balance has been improving significantly and we should keep this trend) 3. Biggus (some Roman sounding name but suggests that this release will be a big change) 4. Beotians. Add this civ to justify
  8. Please, whatever you do, keep it free, open source and ads free. Given the current size of player base, the existing infrastructure seems sufficient to support the community. The lobby runs on minimal hardware and most games are up to individual players. The priority should be increasing the player base and developer base. Funds can be invested into posting ads on YouTube etc. Many problems are automatically resolved if we can get more mid level and high level gamers. To help with that that, I have convinced two of my real life friends to join the lobby and I trained them to become 1400 and 1500. I don't suppose we can nor should convince the current developers into giving up their real life careers to develop for 0ad full time. If additional funds are raised, maybe some wfg hosted game rooms can exist. Sometimes none of the active players are able to host and there is always the unable to connect problem if you ask individuals in censored countries to host.
  9. I think Stable Diffusion can do an even better job ! 0AD is such a beautiful game when the graphics are set to max!
  10. Another TG featuring @Danielb32:
  11. 2 out of Best of Three vs Astra How to loose a game in 5 minutes XD
  12. My perspective of the game, offering more view on the other flank:
  13. I wasn't touching it I think this was the most likely reason, I might have a corrupted texture file somewhere.
  14. I was spectating a 3v3 on this map and the game suddenly crashed with these errors: Function call failed: return value was -1 (Function failed (no details available)) Location: dir_watch_inotify.cpp:214 (dir_watch_Add) Call stack: (0x622619be1224) /usr/bin/pyrogenesis(+0x4fd224) [0x622619be1224] (0x622619bebc9d) /usr/bin/pyrogenesis(+0x507c9d) [0x622619bebc9d] (0x622619b1a0df) /usr/bin/pyrogenesis(+0x4360df) [0x622619b1a0df] (0x622619be9bc7) /usr/bin/pyrogenesis(+0x505bc7) [0x622619be9bc7] (0x622619b43538) /usr/bin/pyrogenesis(+0x45f538) [0x622619b43538] (0x622619bd5a46) /usr/bin/pyrogenesis(+0x4f1a46) [0x622619bd5a46] (0x62261995b0b1) /usr/bin/pyrogenesis(+0x2770b1) [0x62261995b0b1] (0x62261996092f) /usr/bin/pyrogenesis(+0x27c92f) [0x62261996092f] (0x622619954349) /usr/bin/pyrogenesis(+0x270349) [0x622619954349] (0x62261994c48c) /usr/bin/pyrogenesis(+0x26848c) [0x62261994c48c] (0x6226198865d7) /usr/bin/pyrogenesis(+0x1a25d7) [0x6226198865d7] (0x6226198139a3) /usr/bin/pyrogenesis(+0x12f9a3) [0x6226198139a3] (0x127dc5421dc5) [0x127dc5421dc5] errno = 14 (?) OS error = ? /usr/bin/0ad: line 9: 11144 Aborted (core dumped) "$pyrogenesis" "$@" interestinglog.htmlcrashlog.txt
  15. The saved games exist as .dat files and replays exist as .txt full of commands. The question is if we can construct a .dat file from the partial replay
  16. Another first person perspective Excuse my nubness this time. Top scored + most kills but made a few mistakes
  17. How it feels to be Ricci-Curvature in a TG:
  18. To see the newest updates, you should download the source code zip here then install it like any other zip mod. This video teaches you to install zip mods https://youtu.be/NSDfiqfqJHI The Pyromod file that you downloaded is a previous release, so it contains no updates. I haven't compiled the newest versions into new releases yet, because I want to test them a bit more and wait for user feedback before publishing it as an official release.
  19. I love the lobby name feature though, I think it is a very nice addition that tells us who is who. Maybe we can remove AIM MSN ICQ Yahoo Skype from the profile since they are no longer relevant?
  20. Thanks for raising this. Originally, the KD ratio was shown as raw decimals to an arbitrary number of decimal points. I have now rounded the values to only 2 decimal points to control its length. I have also increased the column width to accommodate for more extreme values, e.g. KD 28.79 (happened once to someone who spammed siege towers) Please update the mod now. I am afraid there are some techs which exist within the civilisation by default, e.g. civ bonuses. But it would be a good idea to remove this default number to avoid confusion. Working on it
×
×
  • Create New...