Leaderboard
Popular Content
Showing content with the highest reputation on 2026-09-21 in all areas
-
Hello everyone! I’m here to share some more news about my mod, World Rising! Over the past few days, I’ve had to spend quite a bit of time fixing several meshes from the 3D models I created, mainly to make sure the lighting works properly across all objects. There are still a few meshes that need some adjustments, and this work ended up changing my plans a little for the next few days. Since I’m developing the project on my own, I’m trying to follow an approach that I consider very important: create, test, and optimize at the same time. Instead of leaving all the problems to be fixed at the end, I prefer to make some progress, fix what needs to be fixed, study the results, and constantly evaluate what can be improved. One of my biggest priorities is making sure that World Rising remains lightweight, visually appealing, and runs smoothly, even with thousands of assets being rendered on the map in real time. Because of this, I’m reviewing models, meshes, textures, and other elements to find the best possible balance between visual quality and performance. It’s a huge challenge! Especially when working alone on a project of this scale, but we’re moving in the right direction, and little by little, World Rising is taking the shape I originally envisioned. For now, here are a few images from the development process. I’ll be sharing more news and updates soon! Feel free to comment, share your opinions, criticism, and suggestions, and take part in the development. Your feedback is always very welcome! And a special thanks to Stan, who pointed out the mesh issue and helped me notice an important problem that needed to be fixed. Thank you to everyone who continues to follow and support World Rising!6 points
-
Unfortunately it's mainly modifications to the game engine itself, meaning it's not possible to wrap into a mod. But I can help out by providing a couple of demo videos for you : (I had to compress the videos) Screencast+from+2026-09-21+22-14-52.webm Screencast+from+2026-09-21+22-13-08.webm Screencast+from+2026-09-21+22-11-19.webm For testing you will need to know how to compile the game. Which makes things difficult I'm aware.3 points
-
Then it's bad https://gitea.wildfiregames.com/0ad/0ad/wiki/EnglishStyleGuide3 points
-
Too bad it's not possible to make a mod, unfortunately I don't have it compiled. I like what I see in the videos. The ship's movement looks really natural. The timing in the other two videos might be not 100 percent on point (on the elephant attack too late, on the catapult impact too early?). I think it's nice and I wanna encourage anyone who is able to test it2 points
-
I'm excited to hear this is going forward! Is there a way you could provide a mod for easy testing purposes if it's not too much work? That would be awesome.2 points
-
2 points
-
2 points
-
My favorite too Hopefully it can be a good starting point to make naval battles very different then land battles. Right.1 point
-
Thanks @Asher! This is great to hear! (read ) Just tried to convert some older maps from the forum (the LegendofMali worked mostly!) but some are just too old and I need to investigate how to still use them.1 point
-
1 point
-
Updated to 1.3.0 (see top of this thread) Extended editing capability Analyze tab lists also treasures and relics if any Re-arranged section on the analyze and edit tabs fo rimproved readability.1 point
-
Sure, but I just find it funny and it never made sense that you can earn loot in a battle in which no one survives to bring home anything.1 point
-
Besides my previous comments on why I think most of these rules could simply be removed, following that same line, I didn't comment on "entities you captured or converted from another player (or from Gaia) are not refunded", I wonder why this is the case: tons of monumental architecture has been dismantled by conquering states, using then the stone to build in their own style (even the Ayyubids tried to dismantle the Pyramids of Giza, Menkaure's has been left with a big gash since). That's what's great with stone and metal, quite reusable… which makes me think if wood should have some penalty, but also wouldn't want to add rules, my philosophy being the exact opposite.1 point
-
Oh hell naw! Just by pressing Learn to Play one can read "Civilisation", no one cares about guidelines . Will consider it for my upcoming renaming PR.1 point
-
Here is an intermediate step recover-resources.mod V1.32. - not taking into account @Thalatta's latest comments yet, unfortunately. Version 1.3.2 · for 0 A.D. release 28 and the release 29 development builds When you delete one of your own structures, ships or siege engines, you get back a share of its resource cost, provided the situation allows it. What comes back is the salvage rat (30 % by default) multiplied by the object's health condition, meaning its remaining health. Food is never given back. Rules and Constraints: Only your own deliberate deletion (Delete key / delete button) triggers a refund. Nothing is refunded when an enemy destroys the entity. The refund is based on the entity's current cost, including cost modifiers from technologies and civilisation bonuses. Food is excluded: it was eaten during construction, while timber, stone and metal can be carried away. Entities you captured or converted from another player (or from Gaia) are not refunded. Ships are only refunded when deleted within 30 m of one of your own finished docks. Otherwise the message says how many ships gave nothing back. Siege engines are only refunded while they stand inside your own territory, e.g. a catapult abandoned deep in enemy land gives nothing back. The refund shrinks with condition: a ram at 40 % health gives back 40 % of the usual amount. Buildings (nw including walls and towers) must pass three rules: not attacked or captured in the last 15 seconds, no enemy capture progress and not decaying outside your borders, and one of your worker units within 20 m to do the work. Fields are never refunded. Nothing you delete dies at once. Buildings are dismantled and units disbanded over 10 seconds, losing health as they go, and any resources only arrive at the end (units don't give back resources). Pressing delete again calls it off and the drained health is given back; an enemy hit interrupts it the same way. Units take just as long even though they hand nothing back. Anything under threat is the exception: it falls the moment you press delete, because under fire there is no time for an orderly teardown. That means anything hit in the last 5 seconds, or with an armed enemy within 40 m — enemies closing in count even before the first blow lands. Whether it still pays out is decided by the ordinary rules, so a building under attack dies at once and gives nothing. Unfinished foundations are skipped because the base game already refunds the unbuilt part of their cost. Deletions the game itself blocks (for example, a building that is mostly captured) get no refund. A short message shows how much was recovered. recover-resources.zip README.md1 point
-
1 point
-
Wouldn't it be better to use what the game uses? "Civilisation" appears in the UI, UK English then. Although I don't know how consistent this is.1 point
-
I think I activated it in-game after the program was already running, but I had to restart the program for it to recognize it. Maybe if you could add a refresh button? You should be able to edit these things in the Atlas editor, but I was thinking it would be nice to change some of this stuff in your program. Maybe it is not that important though I think it could show the naturally occurring food (excluding fields and corrals that spawn with the map), and you could just put a note that says "excludes fields and corrals". But, do whatever you think is better, I don't think it is that big of a deal Oh, sorry. I didn't realize that. Then I guess it isn't a spelling mistake. I probably doesn't matter that much, it is close enough I mean, like if you clicked start, but then realized you forgot to do something, then you could just click stop instead of having to let it finish running1 point
-
Indeed the GUI of Atlas is powerful but not particularly user friendly in my opinion. Started working on it using python. Approaching the editor from two sides - a map analyser/checker/covnerter called "post-Atlas",see this thread: and a map skeleton preparation tool referred to as "prep-Atlas" (not yet published). Actually I would like to modify the ATLAS UI itself but this is a larger task.1 point
-
I would add (see below) to _CIV_DISPLAY_NAMES in civ_data.py, because if you are using 0ad 28, they are pers, but if you are using 29, they are achae "pers": "Persians",1 point
-
Exciting news! I've finely brought this project to a testable and reviewable state. A big change since my last posts is that I've managed to make the performance impact minimal. The inertia system pay for itself and is kinda having 0 cost including the collision detection logic and other logic related to it. Having a lot of units that have the "charge" effect fighting is also demonstrated to be reasonable on performance with only a few percent increase in simulation cost for a given battle. This project have a lot of implications, and anyone willing to be testing the PR and giving feedback would help tremendously to make it move forward. If you are able to, please do. PR link1 point
-
1 point
-
How you want. I wouldn't mind many PRs if they're small and managable. Feel free to ping me in the PR(s) on Gitea. This is essentially what I meant to say with "their role was unclear", which admittedly was not the best choice of words, though. If I remember correctly, there even is a record where it kinda sounds like they were fighting as cavalry. There has always been debate on whether the SpecificNames ("native" names) always need to be a direct translation of GenericNames (English names). My personal take is that they don't have to, I wouldn't mind (and actually prefer) "Prodromos (Cavalry Javelineer)". The word-by-word translation (like Hippakontistēs here) can be in many cases straightforward, but a bit boring. If there is a more historically interesting and relevant term unique to that civ, I'd use that instead, even if describes a broader group of people/soldiers. Again, a unit can represent more than just the soldiers equipped in the exact same way. One idea floating around is to in addition to the SpecificName and GenericName introduce a "ClassName". Then we could use "Prodromos" as the SpecificName, "Scout" as the GenericName and keep "Cavalry Javelineer" as the ClassName. This would be cool to have for other units too. I'm aware. My point was that the generality isn't a bad thing.1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
