Jump to content

Forums

  1. Welcome

    1. Announcements / News

      The latest. What is happening with 0 A.D. Stay tuned...

      5,4k
      posts
    2. Introductions & Off-Topic Discussion

      Want to discuss something that isn't related to 0 A.D. or Wildfire Games? This is the place. Come on in and introduce yourself. Get to know others who are using 0 A.D.

      38,6k
      posts
    3. Help & Feedback

      Here is where you can get help with your questions. Also be sure to tell us how we are doing. What can we improve? What do you wish we could do better? Your opinion matters to us!

      16,9k
      posts
  2. 0 A.D.

    1. General Discussion

      This is the place to post general stuff concerning the game. Want to express your love for hoplites or find people to play the game with? Want to share your stories about matches you have played or discuss historical connections to the game? These and any other topics which are related to the game, but don't have their own forums belong in this forum.

      51,1k
      posts
    2. Gameplay Discussion

      Discuss the game play of 0 A.D. Want to know why the game plays the way it does or offer suggestions for how to improve the game play experience? Then this is the forum.

      28k
      posts
    3. Game Development & Technical Discussion

      A forum for technical discussion about the development of 0 A.D. Feel free to ask questions of the developers and among yourselves.

      48,2k
      posts
    4. Art Development

      Open development for the game's art. Submissions, comments, and suggestions now open.

      30,3k
      posts
    5. Game Modification

      Do you have any questions about modifying the game? What will you need to do what you want to? What are the best techniques? Discuss Modifications, Map Making, AI scripting and Random Map Scripting here.

      45,7k
      posts
    6. Project Governance

      Forums for decision-making on issues where a consensus can't be reached or isn't sufficient. The committees are chosen from among the official team members, but to ensure an open and transparent decision process it's publically viewable.

      148
      posts
    7. 597
      posts
  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Even though I love archaeology, we shouldn't treat it as the ultimate source of truth. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. For one thing, very few Iron Age graves have been discovered in Ireland, and what we do find inside is always subject to bias. We find bows and arrows in Celtic princely graves in Central Europe, but these are hunting weapons; objectively, we shouldn't interpret them as weapons of war. The reason I support the Gauls having archers and not the Britons is simply because we have historical accounts of archers deployed in the battlefield for the Gauls. There is no such account for the Britons for our time period.
    • Though history is of course full of such violence (I don't insist on that "pregnant" feature, but raiding civilians/women is harsh enough), maybe another interesting feature (both from gameplay and historical accuracy perspective) could be the option to capture/enslave civilians (less "harsh" maybe, but only slightly) (and nvm you usually already have enough civilians mid-game).
    • I'm using the latest b53b24adc2 now. I think an issue now is that they are really stubborn to turn , and that can block paths or cause them to be dragged sideways somewhat easily (see the 1v1 after 0:15): video.mp4 I guess some turning would be more realistic than being pushed sideways like that, imagining it's on their own accord, which makes me think if there shouldn't be a difference between how enemy and own units react.    
    • Maybe an explicit IRC-channel then? Like #0ad-bridged - so the devs who want can opt in. That's true, I guess almost everyone who uses Linux has seen that 0 A.D. thing at the top of package lists. But can't be good just because of that, can it?  Still it took me years to actually try it.
    • I am the copyright holder of original works I post in the Wildfire Games 0 A.D. Art Development forum. I hereby release all original works I uploaded to this forum in the past, and those I will upload in the future, under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.
×
×
  • Create New...