Sign in to follow this  
Alexandermb

===[COMMITTED]=== Animations

Looks better, but I think the hands would come together as the axe reached the zenith of the swing. So as the axe reaches the vertical axis, the hands would slide together for maximum fulcrum force on the down swing. (The right hand would slide down the shaft to meet the left hand, which is stationary on the shaft).

Mime out the motion and see if what I'm saying makes sense.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

44 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Looks better, but I think the hands would come together as the axe reached the zenith of the swing. So as the axe reaches the vertical axis, the hands would slide together for maximum fulcrum force on the down swing. (The right hand would slide down the shaft to meet the left hand, which is stationary on the shaft).

Mime out the motion and see if what I'm saying makes sense.

Did that and it looks kinda the same but applying logic that works only if you have an axe.

Ie: when i used to work in my house shoveling and using a pickaxe, i recall that if you dig with a shovel soft sand the shovel it goes through easily, however you can't do that to a hard surface, the impact will be the result of your strength hitting the rock + the strenght of the rock hitting back wich will impact in your arm so if you have a two head pickaxe you don't want to hold it with the hands in the tip, you want to hold it at both extremes for have a better control and resistance agaisn't the impact. otherwise the impact could return the pickaxe straight to the eye.

45 minutes ago, Alexandermb said:

Ie: when i used to work in my house shoveling and using a pickaxe, i recall that if you dig with a shovel soft sand the shovel it goes through easily, however you can't do that to a hard surface, the impact will be the result of your strength hitting the rock + the strenght of the rock hitting back wich will impact in your arm so if you have a two head pickaxe you don't want to hold it with the hands in the tip, you want to hold it at both extremes for have a better control and resistance agaisn't the impact. otherwise the impact could return the pickaxe straight to the eye.

I'll defer to your first hand experience.

Suggestion: Maybe make the end target of the pickax a little off the ground (visualizing a rock model being there)? 

Just now, Stan` said:

@Alexandermb seems there was a little slip off with your commit. Can you fix it ? :)

Yep, i know, won't work with the animations (specially the swordsman) but connection issues. Also now i have this issue when trying to open the game:

Spoiler

image.png

Just now, Stan` said:

What was it ?

A message poped up in VLC media player when i opened a movie, i missclicked and that changed my whole desktop theme and since then the atlas didn't worked.

Done. Still missing:

binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\camel_rider_archer_attack_capture.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\camel_rider_archer_attack_hip.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\camel_rider_archer_attack_right.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\camel_rider_archer_death.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\camel_rider_archer_idle_relax.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\camel_rider_archer_run.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\camel_rider_archer_trot_relax.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\camel_rider_attack_slaughter.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\camel_rider_carry_meat_idle.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\camel_rider_carry_meat.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\camel_rider_gather_meat.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\camel_rider_javelinist_attack_bag.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\camel_rider_javelinist_death.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\camel_rider_javelinist_idle_relax.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\camel_rider_javelinist_trot_relax.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\camel_rider_promotion.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\elephant_hero_maurya_attack.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\elephant_hero_maurya_death.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\elephant_hero_maurya_idle.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\elephant_hero_maurya_walk.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\elephant_rider_archer_attack_1.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\elephant_rider_archer_attack_2.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\elephant_rider_archer_attack_3.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\elephant_rider_archer_death_1.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\elephant_rider_archer_death_2.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\elephant_rider_archer_death_3.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\elephant_rider_archer_idle_1.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\elephant_rider_archer_idle_2.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\elephant_rider_archer_idle_3.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\elephant_rider_archer_walk_1.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\elephant_rider_archer_walk_2.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\elephant_rider_archer_walk_3.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\elephant_rider_attack_ready_shield_1.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\elephant_rider_attack_ready_shield_offhand_african.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\elephant_rider_attack_ready_shield_offhand.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\elephant_rider_attack_ready_shield.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\elephant_rider_death_ready_shield_1.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\elephant_rider_death_ready_shield_offhand_african.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\elephant_rider_death_ready_shield_offhand.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\elephant_rider_death_ready_shield.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\elephant_rider_idle_ready_shield_1.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\elephant_rider_idle_ready_shield_offhand_african.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\elephant_rider_idle_ready_shield_offhand.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\elephant_rider_idle_ready_shield.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\elephant_rider_walk_ready_shield_1.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\elephant_rider_walk_ready_shield_offhand_african.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\elephant_rider_walk_ready_shield_offhand.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\elephant_rider_walk_ready_shield.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\infantry\siege_operators\rome_ballista_attack_a.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\infantry\siege_operators\rome_ballista_attack_b.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\infantry\spearman\idle_ready_spear.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\maur_trader_death.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\maur_trader_idle.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\maur_trader_move_a.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\maur_trader_move_b.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\maur_trader_move_c.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\new\death_rider_elephant_african.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\new\death_rider_elephant_asian.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\rider\cavalry\archer\idle_carry_meat.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\rider\cavalry\dismount.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\rider\cavalry\mount.dae
binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\rider\cavalry\spearman\gallop_shield.dae

Some errors to be fixed

Missing file 'art/actors/props/units/helmets/rome_helmet_attic.xml' referenced by: 'public/art/actors/units/romans/infantry_swordsman_e.xml'

Missing file 'art/animation/biped/infantry/spearman/run_ready_shield_shieldsmall.dae' referenced by: 'public/art/variants/biped/base_spearman_ready_smallshield.xml', 'public/art/variants/biped/base_spearman_ready_smallshield.xml', 'public/art/variants/biped/base_spearman_ready_smallshield.xml'

14 minutes ago, wraitii said:

With the phenotype system, we could have lefties and righties ;)

(probably not the best use of the system though)

Would break sound :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stan` said:

@Alexandermb apparently on addition to the missing helmet some units also lose helmets when gathering as reported there https://code.wildfiregames.com/rP22839

Can you look into it ?

i belive @elexis meant to say that attack_slaugther shows helmet while others "resource_gathering" variants doesn't. i haven't seen any infantry yet, loosing helmet (permanently) after gathering neither after.