All Activity
- Past hour
-
Thanks - but really no rush please!
- Today
-
And you're right, someone does get the wrong idea about Total War games without mods. That's why I associate them with "Celtic" and imagine Ireland. I know they are in Anatolia, but I know very little about this culture.
-
Implementing forces in Unit Motion (HELP WANTED)
Atrik replied to Atrik's topic in Game Development & Technical Discussion
Almost not terrible. Screencast from 2026-10-06 22-06-11.webm For those who don't know the muskox in 0AD have 0 animations, so they look awful when they walk around.. -
itms is quite busy atm, so I'm the only one who can sign mods ^^" I haven't been really doing it for a while.
-
I think it's better to use wooden shield boss (there is basically no finds of metal boss from Ireland). Advanced and elite skins could have tunics; i dont think leather strap is accurate.
-
Implementing forces in Unit Motion (HELP WANTED)
Dunedan replied to Atrik's topic in Game Development & Technical Discussion
We need videos of this featuring muskoxen. -
Ah! My bad! Thanks a lot!
-
I suppose a new coin would be bright silver and rounder (no damage). If its in color i think you could a white monogram and white shield (shield has a wooden spina with iron boss ). Background can be a sort of medium blue (as seen in depictions of Galatians with blue cloaks).
-
Change the first letter from lowercase "l" (as in "legionary") to uppercase "I" (as in "Infantry") and you will find him.
-
It will be colored for the same reasons as the Athenian coin, which is what I regret about the Seleucid and Ptolemaic emblems. What was the new one supposed to look like?
-
Preset Hotkeys feature
Perzival12 replied to guerringuerrin's topic in Game Development & Technical Discussion
BTW Stan both @mesm and @Uk49s are bots -
First one seems a bit deformed. Second one is rounder and might just be damaged by age. I suppose it's not too much artistic license to make it round (specially since it would be brand new at the time).
-
I'm going to start structuring the coin, giving it volume and texture. Then I'll proceed with the symbols as well.
-
I see... I'm not an Expert in Animation but I do know something, so, I'm happy to help. I'll start from the first one, so should I only improve the animation file or I should add animation using this reference https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/channel/UCeK9WgRPUD5eOVZW-fCFBYg (I suppose), if it is the second one, should I randomly choose pose and movements or do I have some more indications?
-
MarionTLilienthal joined the community
-
If release then likely fixed in git already. Real bug, the dropdown getting in the way is sort of ok, not great for sure, showing wrong description definitely is not, also some description don't even fit in the tooltip region. Please file a bug on gitea. If in release then likely fixed in git already. Walls don't prevent attacks, just movement, this is no different than arrows. If release then likely already fixed. For those I sad likely fixed would be nice if you could try to reproduce on main.
- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
Preset Hotkeys feature
Stan` replied to guerringuerrin's topic in Game Development & Technical Discussion
Well my proposal was adding a mod say aoe-shortcuts with just a config/mod.cfg but if you want to go the programming route, you can also bundle a json with a GUI change that gives you a drop down to switch. -
Preset Hotkeys feature
mesm replied to guerringuerrin's topic in Game Development & Technical Discussion
Definitely useful. Your approach is smart JSON diff plus user. cfg keeps things clean and avoids engine changes. Just make sure there's an API hook so other mods can interact with the presets easily. -
Indeed! my bad if that's the case. Some new vegetation might be nice I know @nifa had some stuff, maybe they also have buildings in mind
-
Hi @marga_, I'm only seeing mention of animations from @Stan`, not from you, so I'm not sure if I missed something.. I think they are a different skillset then modeling? However if you are actually into animations I would love for you to consider helping with some that would heavily enhance : With the above, units can be kicked away, staggering, and they can charge (attack while moving, or attack while turning). Each of them would look so much nicer with proper animations! If this is something that get your interest, it could be very helpful.
-
ginja changed their profile photo
-
ginja joined the community
-
Preset Hotkeys feature
Stan` replied to guerringuerrin's topic in Game Development & Technical Discussion
Should be pretty easy to provide ignoreincompat checks mods with just the mod.cfg overriding them. -
Sadly, no, there isn't which is why I don't think it's a good first task. For the animations you can use this blend https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/art_source/trunk/art/meshes and animations/skeletal/biped_meshes_and_animations.zip
-
Preset Hotkeys feature
Uk49s replied to guerringuerrin's topic in Game Development & Technical Discussion
Preset hotkey profiles would be a genuine quality-of-life win, especially for players coming from other RTS games who already have years of muscle memory. Right now rebinding every key by hand is the tax you pay for switching, and most people just give up and play handicapped. Shipping two or three sensible presets — the current default, a grid-style layout, and maybe a classic StarCraft/AoE-flavored set — would lower the entry barrier without taking anything away from players who like the existing scheme. It also gives the tutorial something concrete to point at instead of a wall of unbound keys. -
Uk49s joined the community
-
Buenos días o tardes: -Aquí un pequeño avance; Lancero hiberni (infantería leve) -¿Qué opina? Disculpen las molestias*
-
Latest Topics
