Jump to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. I know it's not implemented yet, but this encourages people to check the project. Visually seeing the game's potential is exciting.
  3. yeah mods change js components and easily modifiable things like damage values and other properties. Core engine components need to be compiled (c++ files) or depend on things that need to be compiled and therefore cannot be applied as a mod. Once added to the main game, we could, however, modify the weight values and other things @atrik has set up in the unit templates. And that could be nice to test adjustments in the community mod.
  4. I don't know what mods can possibly do (never dealt with them in any game). I assume you mean that they can't change the engine, and that's why this can't possibly be part of the community mod?
  5. @Thalatta come on... The reason you had to build it to test it, it's because it changes the engine (like 90%+ of the change of this PR are engine improvements).
  6. Today
  7. I don't know how things work exactly, but would have expected that at some point things like these would be added to the community mod (or whatever) for more people to test (since not many build), for then to go through review to be added to the next release? Or maybe I swapped the order of things in the middle.
  8. There is no IP on anything here so you can do whatever you want. Just note that this is not merged yet so we don't know for certain when it will be part of the game. It is tested (thanks to those who did!) and ready for next release but the timeline is tight so it really depends on if someone awesome pick it up for review.
  9. What a blessing to be able to see those mechanics. Can I upload this to TikTok?
  10. Thanks - but really no rush please!
  11. And you're right, someone does get the wrong idea about Total War games without mods. That's why I associate them with "Celtic" and imagine Ireland. I know they are in Anatolia, but I know very little about this culture.
  12. Almost not terrible. Screencast from 2026-10-06 22-06-11.webm For those who don't know the muskox in 0AD have 0 animations, so they look awful when they walk around..
  13. itms is quite busy atm, so I'm the only one who can sign mods ^^" I haven't been really doing it for a while.
  14. I think it's better to use wooden shield boss (there is basically no finds of metal boss from Ireland). Advanced and elite skins could have tunics; i dont think leather strap is accurate.
  15. I suppose a new coin would be bright silver and rounder (no damage). If its in color i think you could a white monogram and white shield (shield has a wooden spina with iron boss ). Background can be a sort of medium blue (as seen in depictions of Galatians with blue cloaks).
  16. Change the first letter from lowercase "l" (as in "legionary") to uppercase "I" (as in "Infantry") and you will find him.
  17. It will be colored for the same reasons as the Athenian coin, which is what I regret about the Seleucid and Ptolemaic emblems. What was the new one supposed to look like?
  18. BTW Stan both @mesm and @Uk49s are bots
  19. First one seems a bit deformed. Second one is rounder and might just be damaged by age. I suppose it's not too much artistic license to make it round (specially since it would be brand new at the time).
  20. I'm going to start structuring the coin, giving it volume and texture. Then I'll proceed with the symbols as well.
  21. I see... I'm not an Expert in Animation but I do know something, so, I'm happy to help. I'll start from the first one, so should I only improve the animation file or I should add animation using this reference https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/channel/UCeK9WgRPUD5eOVZW-fCFBYg (I suppose), if it is the second one, should I randomly choose pose and movements or do I have some more indications?
  22. Really interesting project! KEM is a creative approach to making programming more accessible and inclusive for learners.
  23. If release then likely fixed in git already. Real bug, the dropdown getting in the way is sort of ok, not great for sure, showing wrong description definitely is not, also some description don't even fit in the tooltip region. Please file a bug on gitea. If in release then likely fixed in git already. Walls don't prevent attacks, just movement, this is no different than arrows. If release then likely already fixed. For those I sad likely fixed would be nice if you could try to reproduce on main.
  24. Well my proposal was adding a mod say aoe-shortcuts with just a config/mod.cfg but if you want to go the programming route, you can also bundle a json with a GUI change that gives you a drop down to switch.
  25. Definitely useful. Your approach is smart JSON diff plus user. cfg keeps things clean and avoids engine changes. Just make sure there's an API hook so other mods can interact with the presets easily.
  1. Load more activity
×
×
  • Create New...