Jump to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. Hi @marga_, I'm only seeing mention of animations from @Stan`, not from you, so I'm not sure if I missed something.. I think they are a different skillset then modeling? However if you are actually into animations I would love for you to consider helping with some that would heavily enhance : With the above, units can be kicked away, staggering, and they can charge (attack while moving, or attack while turning). Each of them would look so much nicer with proper animations! If this is something that get your interest, it could be very helpful.
  3. Today
  4. Should be pretty easy to provide ignoreincompat checks mods with just the mod.cfg overriding them.
  5. Sadly, no, there isn't which is why I don't think it's a good first task. For the animations you can use this blend https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/art_source/trunk/art/meshes and animations/skeletal/biped_meshes_and_animations.zip
  6. Preset hotkey profiles would be a genuine quality-of-life win, especially for players coming from other RTS games who already have years of muscle memory. Right now rebinding every key by hand is the tax you pay for switching, and most people just give up and play handicapped. Shipping two or three sensible presets — the current default, a grid-style layout, and maybe a classic StarCraft/AoE-flavored set — would lower the entry barrier without taking anything away from players who like the existing scheme. It also gives the tutorial something concrete to point at instead of a wall of unbound keys.
  7. Buenos días o tardes: -Aquí un pequeño avance; Lancero hiberni (infantería leve) -¿Qué opina? Disculpen las molestias*
  8. thank you for the info. I'll start from the top: Renders to decorate for the campaign menus. Is there any requirements/suggestions/desire?: Stylo AoE or older games (camera angle, painted style)? Objects? (book, sorrow, bowl,ancient bottles) / essential items? Quantity? is there a guide line/story to follow?
  9. tweaking the naval system. VID_20261006_040347.mp4
  10. There are 2 things we don't have in the game. Renders for the campaign. Stylo AoE or older games that used them to decorate campaign menus. The other thing is actor modeling and new models. And the other thing is combat animations. We don't have animations with two-handed swords or unconventional weapons. Animations with Halberds
  11. You should check https://gitea.wildfiregames.com/0ad/0ad/wiki/BasicAnimationImplementation and https://gitea.wildfiregames.com/0ad/0ad/wiki/Basic3DImplementation depending on how technical you are. Do you have prefered means of communication ?
  12. Thanks to Lopess's feedback, I've improved the models' textures (at least, I think so).
  13. I made a more stylized version. Is the coin round or slightly misshapen?
  14. I came across these things the last couple of days. Some error while playing, but nothing bad happened: The lower description can't be read because of the drop-down menu, and when hovering over selected map, the lower description given is from other two maps: video(1) (online-video-cutter.com).mp4 It says "Unlocked in City Phase" when I'm in City Phase already, the requirement is instead the tech being researched: Pikes seem to go through stone walls (Philip's reforms were good, but chill a bit): Forgot this one, there should be more space available in the lower description:
  15. Yesterday
  16. An aspect or feature that I think wasn't mentioned yet: Many (bigger) games use a rubberband AI. So on easy modes it's tuned to always lag behind you, and even "normal" means there is still a slight lag to cater to gamers' psychology. So AI difficulty settings shouldn't be done with resource handicaps or bonuses (alone) (but surely could be another optional setting). Basing difficulty setting mainly on this will mean drastic changes whenever the actual AI algorithms are improved. That's really not a good "dependency". (Also, what wasn't mentioned yet, how good the AI is in 0 A.D. also very much depends on the map, in my experience. With special resource situations, usually scarcity of wood, it has great problems.)
  17. The problem would still be the same: only one route is worth using at a given time. Retreating to the next longest route is putting a band aid to an exposed femur fracture
  18. Congratulations, you are very talented! Obs: The correct link uses lowercase letters. https://www.artstation.com/margab
  19. Good point, thanks! Sorry for my ignorance on MacOS... happy that you are testing it!!
  20. Si vis pacem, para bellum. (That phrase fits well)
  21. Ok, use command if using macos, now it is working. Maybe if you could wrap the text on the tool tips, because they extend out a long distance
  22. Of course you are right, but what if the outermost market was destroyed? Then the traders would just not know what to do and stop operation. Instead they could use the next trading post. Probably this is taking realism too far.
  23. here is my portfolio https://www.Artstation.com/Margab I'd like to help with props/characters/environment
  24. Thanks for your response! Glad to hear that, I therefore eagerly await those welcome improvements, so that the game gets once again like before and as enjoyable as it used to be...
  25. War and Peace makes me think of Napoleonic wars because of Tolstoy's book, obviously I think a better possibility would have been "Global Conflict". But, following the Latin or deity names other mods have (Delenda Est, Endovelico), the one that comes to my head is "Para Bellum".
  1. Load more activity
×
×
  • Create New...