Jump to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. https://getartcraft.com/apps Free Adobe tools for our illustrators !!!
  3. Today
  4. improvements: Escalate the general animation Add Head and Hat bouncing Improved foot path Amplified cape swing Amplified general run bouncing before-after.20001-0210.mp4
  5. post-Atlas 1.12.0 is out. It comes from a round of tests and ideas by @lilypoppy,who is making a campaign of several maps with trigger scripts of their own, and tried post-Atlas on a map with triggers, a square map and a treasure map. Thank you - nearly everything below is his! Main changes: fix- Trigger Scripts: Converting a loose map (an .xml and its .pmp outside a mod) copied the two files and dropped the map’s .js scripts - and the report still said “no failures left”. The map then loaded, and its triggers never ran. Now every script the map names is copied to the exact path it names, and goes through the same migration as the scripts of any mod. A script that cannot be found is said in the report, and a new check (a warning) tells you when a map names a script that nobody has. fix: Test in Game said “the game stopped on its own after 0”. The 0 was the exit code. It now says the game quit before the map was running, quotes the first error the game logged, and - before the run - tells you when the map still has failures that stop the game loading it (an unknown civ, a missing template). fix: converting maps backwards from 0.29 (SVN) to 0.28 (stable), mainly with respect to renaming persians to achaemenids and back. new: locate on the map marks the positions of relics, treasures, Gaia’s buildings or mines new: balance assessment comparing players' islands: this is showing for island maps what each player has on the whole island they start on, wherever it is from their civic centre. Players who share an island share it. (This is in addition to the typical starting resources assessment wihtin a range of 140m around player's starting position) new: treasures: so far only treasures in 140m starting position reahc were counted;now there is a list of all treasures on the map new: military balance: nder the resources, one row per player - infantry, ranged infantry, cavalry, champions, heroes, siege, ships, healers - counted, not weighed. Champions, heroes and healers have columns of their own, so nothing is counted twice. new: Set AI behaviour (random, balkanced, defensive, aggressive plus oif course how hard it plays (sandbox, easy, medium, hard etc.) new: export findings: the problems found, and what post-Atlas says about each, as a Markdown file - for a bug report or a to-do list. This is in addition to exporting map info capability. new: Help providing a link to this forum thread. post-atlas never looks by itself for anything on the net. Unfortunately, I can only test this on Win11 although @lilypoppy and @Asher were testing previous versions on linux and macos. I'd appreciate your observations, bug reports or suggestions for improvement! Have fun mapping and converting previous maps! CHANGELOG.md post-atlas-1.12.0.zip
  6. @mod_3d Hi, I took the time to try your mod. If you want me to do some testing and give you test reports, I'd be happy to help. Let me know how you want to proceed.
  7. The "voice acting" in 0 A.D. indeed could see some improvement. The quality is all over the place. Some is "good enough" that it doesn't bother, but with some voice samples you really hear it was recorded with a bad mic in a closet with the voice muffled and dampened. Some of the voice "acting" really funny where it should be a call to arms or battle cry but it sounds like they're reading it from a book.
  8. Sure, just commenting on a technicality that might be a common misconception or just a "never thought about that"-thing. Who cares about those "large software houses", they were ruining gaming. I don't follow and I don't care about modern gaming much, I'm into retro and open source. About this "AI decomp revolution" in general: Both a curse and a blessing. Back then, music could suddenly be produced in the bedroom, rather than just in expensive studios. So, lots of "slop" in many people's eyes (or ears) back then too. But you don’t have to - and you don’t need to - consume everything that comes out. Even as an experienced programmer, you often don’t have the time or the inspiration to indulge in developing some hobbyist retro projects in your free time. That’s easier now. Projects often lie dormant for years because you’ve hit a roadblock somewhere or would have to put in a lot of work to overcome a certain technical hurdle, so you end up procrastinating. This can now be largely overcome "thanks" to "AI". On the other hand, of course, it also opens the floodgates to endless slop and half-finished, unpolished stuff which initially is touted with great enthusiasm. Development is 20%, maintenance / quality assurance / project management is 80% - and many “vibe coders” either lack the motivation, the skills, the experience, or all of that. One solution might be curation - regularly showcasing good projects that are truly worth checking out. Many retro sites have always tried to cover everything that comes out, but that might not work anymore. What I’d like to see is a specific project - a piece of software or an app, similar to a launcher - that contains a library of consistently well-curated picks of “Decomps” and the like.
  9. Ahh, I've never used that . Still when pressed, Atlas opens (I guess it should be said that's its actual name, since the "Scenario Editor" part seems just descriptive). Unrelated: you (and others) have told me to create PRs, but my New Pull Request button is disabled. I created Issues instead (for now).
  10. That's weird... I'm on Win 11, game is 0.28.0 a2cae. Same here! But I was unclear, I mean the Windows Start menu folder "0 A.D. Empires Ascendant" with the entries "0 A.D.", "Open logs folder", "Web site" and "Map editor". EDIT: My Windows is set to de_DE, my installation should be en_US by default.
  11. I consent to using CC-BY 3.0 ! I'm not an artist unfortunately . I know how to cut audio and video in Blender . A page transition animation would be something to put in a call for in a promotional video.
  12. @NiRa Muso MIOZOTO Is it possible to provide a CC BY 3.0 license for your audio files?
  13. 3.0 would be better (4.0 is not backward compatible), But I guess the only thing we'd have to do is to clearly state that it's 4.0 for it to work. E.g in license.md
  14. you are not, but you have a lot of experience with Atlas, also you are making campaign for hyrule conquest so I thought you might be interested, sorry.
  15. Needs custom templates or scripting, could be done one way or another but would be major work, so don't hold your breath.
  16. a) You can copy paste groups of trees. b) Yeah, guess that is missing from Atlas. Also don't think there is a ticket already, so suggest to file one. c) Trigger scripts should run, suggest to load the cinema demo map and run it in atlas for a test, that certainly worked in the past. Maybe I'm missing something here.
  17. In part. More like the pipes in Mario to change maps. I'd say that is actually genius to not do it in a more "realistic" way. Using another game category racing, where realistic is very much computationally possible, there I'd say Tracmania is still much more enjoyable for most then a simulator. For RTS I'd say AOE2 (a better game than the more realistic AOE4 ) is the gold standard and it's full of unrealistic mechanics. So realistic is never really worth optimizing for, it certainly isn't needed for a successful game. If you can't attack through walls you would get very strange unit pathing behaviour unless you make the pathfinder aware of this and we would be already in the territory of computationally to expensive. And as I said above you would have to do the same for arrows and for any obstacle or you are inconsistent. One argument for not allowing pikes through walls mentioned above was for the sake of new user. Here I argue discoverability and consistency are much more important. I'd say Petra being a bit to strong for new players and us lacking in the tutorial aspect is far more detrimental than anything else.
  18. It started as a news story but... Last night my algorithm started showing me all kinds of news on social media.
  19. @Nicolaus_von_Kues What a strange coincidence finding an intro video for the campaign! @NiRa Muso MIOZOTO What editing software do you know? I have some illustrations and I'm looking to create "burning" page transitions synchronized with the voiceover.
  20. @NiRa Muso MIOZOTOI have to admit that this text is challenging. However, the idea of embodying the hero, Virato, appeals to me. @Thalatta The only thing I’m wondering about is the license, since my goal has always been for the campaign project to eventually be integrated into the base (vanilla) version. @Stan` CC BY 4.0? Is that compatible with 0 A.D., or is CC BY 3.0 strictly required?
  21. Yesterday
  22. @ShadowOfHassen your concerns are quite relevant. There's a lot to be closed from those 1.6k issues, and for the rest, to be discussed. I'd start from the older ones and start either closing them (they can be reopened if really needed, this is how things are done in my experience in other fields) or classifying them, but we would need to agree on categories and have discussions for where to move them around. We could have a thread with the first post containing the gitea links among these categories being constantly edited, along a decision tree explaining the process. In the example below, most things would go to "Arguable", if it doesn't have much support or it's too game-breaking, goes to "Unlikely", and if most disagree to implement it, it's closed, while if people agree it should be eventually implemented, it would go to either "Easy" or "Difficult", depending on the work it would take to do so (then there could be sub categories regarding "Animation", "Engine", whatever, for those interested, to find things more easily). Maybe "Accepted" and "Underway" could also be useful.
  1. Load more activity
×
×
  • Create New...