Mace Exploit: market

real_tabasco_sauce

Credit to weirdjokes for this one.

People will soon be abusing this, as word is spreading.

Macedonians seem to be able to generate res by repeatedly trading res back and forth.

Ex.

500 stone -> metal

500 metal -> stone

500 stone -> metal

500 metal -> stone

500 stone -> metal

etc.

If you do it with speed, it seems to generate res, so in just a few seconds, I had an extra 500 metal.780333368_ScreenShot2022-01-30at7_27_00PM.thumb.png.1dd64a59a884079a2b89af5e087d17a2.png

Maybe this is a release blocker?

Edited by real_tabasco_sauce
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Stan` said:

@Freagarach any clue?

@real_tabasco_sauce Only macedonians?

Edit: With macedonians its the easiest, but I just discovered that some weird barters can also be made without the bonus. Maybe the problem can be solved if mass bartering  (bartering 500) will be replaced by 5 barters of 100 in a row?

Edited by Player of 0AD

As you can see here, bartering can be generally exploited. What about a low limit of bartering per minute? Then the macedonian team bonus could stay as it is.
Edit: If one limits bartering to a reasonable frequency, the team bonus could become rather weak and might be replaced by a different bonus.

178743679_Bildschirmfotovon2022-01-3113-53-16.thumb.png.4d15606503bb143e8167c3ac2385ed04.png

Edited by Player of 0AD
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

It's hard to say what should be done. I don't like capping trade per minute. Replacing the bonus is a possibility I guess but i'm unsure what team bonus would be suitable, maybe something related to taxation and/or tariffs? 

@ValihrAnt, any ideas about a suitable team bonus for mace?

trader speed, trader cheaper, boost in gather of metal or stone?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Emperior said:

trader speed, trader cheaper, boost in gather of metal or stone?

I was thinking something along those lines, but then again, Athens already has a metal boost as a civ bonus. Perhaps trader stats could be interesting but other civs already have trader bonuses.

Here's another couple fresh ideas: 

1. Gauls team bonus is cheaper blacksmith techs, what if storehouse upgrades researched X amount faster (maybe 50 percent?). I guess it would be like sharing technologies with other civilizations.

2. Siege workshop training time/cost reduction (like kush's bonus for eles). Maybe also siege workshop build time could be reduced for the team.

Edited by real_tabasco_sauce

On 31/01/2022 at 1:55 PM, Player of 0AD said:

As you can see here, bartering can be generally exploited. What about a low limit of bartering per minute? Then the macedonian team bonus could stay as it is.
Edit: If one limits bartering to a reasonable frequency, the team bonus could become rather weak and might be replaced by a different bonus.

178743679_Bildschirmfotovon2022-01-3113-53-16.thumb.png.4d15606503bb143e8167c3ac2385ed04.png

why is this an exploit?