Abusing Building Deleting While Capturing

NIKn

Building Deleting While Capturing  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Building Deleting While Capturing is an Abuse

Considering existing of capturing mechanic it looks like a Big Flaw.

Set ownership demand for deleting up to 100%, prohibit deleting while enemy is near; replace deleting with demolishing with workers; set an irrevocable timer for deleting equal to average construction of that building.

I've lost my town but had an army in the direction of enemy's empty town. And when my ownership was in few seconds civic center has been deleted. Inability to use this mechanic was frustrating. Surely will be again.
I had to at least write about it.
Sorry my english.                               

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I think someone has proposed here in this forum that deleting building should decrease building HP gradually, and I agree with it. This proposal sounds similar. 

In addition to this idea id also like to add that building deletion should be able to be cancelled. This is useful to prevent accidental deletion and allow opponent to retake captured building and stop the process. 

Also I think instead of calling it deletion it should be called salvaging since we got loot from it. 

Edited by azayrahmad
Salvaging idea
  • Like 3

I think it is an abuse, but I do it anyway. Problem is that conquering is too strong (and buildings are too strong themselves). I'd like conquering replaced with another mechanic like "pillaging", to disable a building and get loot, but without gaining control of it.

• Like 1

On 31/03/2021 at 5:10 PM, alre said:

I think it is an abuse, but I do it anyway. Problem is that conquering is too strong (and buildings are too strong themselves). I'd like conquering replaced with another mechanic like "pillaging", to disable a building and get loot, but without gaining control of it.

I like this! Sounds like a good mid-way to prevent the misuse of the autodestroy button. 

I would argue it could also be a "middle-step" in the conquering process, so to incorporate something similar to the RoN concept, but in a more consistent way to 0ad gameplay: 1. First you neutralize the buildings, they lose owner and return to gaia. This is often the primary goal when it comes to conquer the enemy, especially with turrets and defensive stuff that can be annoying and you just want to have them out of the way 2. Then you can actually "conquer" (or annex) the building to your own. If you fail to do so, the buildings will remain neutral but eventually return slowly to their original owner and you lose your advantage.

This would lengthen the overall process of conquering enemy's buildings and prevent too much spoilage of the feature, but still retaining all the original mechanics and without penalizing siege/conquest. 

I don't know, just throwing ideas there :)

I don't use much the auto-destroy strategy, but I agree is unfortunately prone to be abused in a competitive setting :| 

Edited by Radiotraining
  • Like 1

I think it makes sense that if you cannot defend a building, it can be captured. Especially if said building is empty. I much like this mechanic personally. 

As an replacement to destroying buildings, you could make it that players need to debuilt buildings with men if you want that building gone, equal to the build time of that structure. Now the attacker has to weigh the choice of putting soldiers focus on debuilding and being a sitting target, or attacking. 

Also a timer after capturing the building until the building is actually yours would work well too imo.

On 31/03/2021 at 4:04 PM, azayrahmad said:

In addition to this idea id also like to add that building deletion should be able to be cancelled. This is useful to prevent accidental deletion and allow opponent to retake captured building and stop the process.

+1