24 minutes ago, wraitii said:
  • Walking around, some light resource collecting, some light attacking.
  • It looks cool.

Some Gaia stuff, some wild animals to kill, maybe a wolf.

25 minutes ago, wraitii said:

You get diverted by a storm and must pause for repair on some unspecified Mediterranean island.

A shipwreck. That's sounds cool.

7 hours ago, wraitii said:

I think this Greek Colony idea is good.
Here's a quick rundown of what I'm thinking:

• Start in a small coastal town. You control a unit of some kind, and need to walk around the city, gathering stuff. Maybe at some point you get in a fight with another guy over insurance money 'cause that's showbiz baby. The goal is to get your ship ready, and get underway.
    • Walking around, some light resource collecting, some light attacking.
    • It looks cool.
  • You get diverted by a storm and must pause for repair on some unspecified Mediterranean island.
    • More resource gathering, scouting
  • You land in you new place.
    • More scouring, more resource gathering, more base building & starting some actual fighting
  • And then we'll see where we go from there.

Sounds more like a role playing game, would sure be fun. Could even make use of wow's first person view feature. However, likely on the ambitious side of things considering the next release is near. Maybe go with something closer to a "standard" campaign like the Macedonian one. Polishing a couple of those scenarios and presenting them in a more campaigny fashion will probably unearth quite a few issues in terms of flow and presentation already. Basically something just a tad more then a dry test is already good enough for A25 I'd say. Along the line of a demo for modders instead of a tutorial for beginners.