===[TASK]=== Republic Roman Civic Center

Stan`

4 minutes ago, Sundiata said:

Wasting time trying to do a quick (and ugly) visualization a possible new Roman CC:

Hide contents

108272124_RomanCCideascrible.thumb.jpg.d434aa46036ab9629d1635aeee0b38cd.jpg

At least I found the courage to open Blender again :) 

nope... the structure I imagined is more different, special central estructure and comitium is  180° , the tuscan columns be more following the comitium space, with some cypress may be.

but is nice approach, good disposition of the space. 

37 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

nope... the structure I imagined is more different, special central estructure and comitium is  180° , the tuscan columns be more following the comitium space, with some cypress may be.

but is nice approach, good disposition of the space. 

This is one is interesting 

_20190608_180833.JPG

• Like 1

Personally I think that the comitium and the curia are better representing a kind of civic center. This is the place for the assembly and for the senate.

However I do understand that the comitium is not getting a lot of praise and could be ugly. The actual civic center is based on the Basilica Julia finished by Augustus. So using another basilica could be more coherent with the style. The only thing is that the basilica never existed during the first and second Punic Wars. This is a feature the Romans took from the Greeks after the second Macedonian War, based on their Stoa. The first basilica in Rome date from 184 BC (Basilica Porcia). This is a small inconsistency but nothing really problematic since we are still in the good period.

A compromise could be the Basilica Opimia with in the front the Senaculum, the Ara Saturni and the Mundus. Like this there are some features of the old Roman tradition.

• Like 2