• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello all,

I am Vikrant; currently in Bangalore, India (GMT + 5:30). My nickname is my first name and rest of it abbreviated.

I have been playing AoE for past 16 years (almost half of my life) - completed all official campaigns in AoE 1, 2 & 3 including the expansions. Believe it or not - I, my wife and my dad often play each other over LAN. I have created some campaigns myself - particularly one about Mauryan empire. So I was pleasently surprised to find that as one of the civilizations in 0 AD.

I studied Sanskrit for 3 years way back in school. But I have kept in touch and will be happy to contribute through it or historical research which is another thing I love to do.

I installed 0 AD yesterday and this is my first post here.

Edited by vikrantpv
  • Like 3

What is my name?

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the TRUE emperor Marcus Aurelius. Father of a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next. :roman::lol2:

My username? Well, I get a stiffy over all things WWII and what's more WWII than a B-29 Superfortress flying over a German or Japanese city and dumping its load? :lol2:

Posted (edited) · Hidden by feneur, May 6, 2015 - Threatening murder, even in a completely unlikely way, is not good
Hidden by feneur, May 6, 2015 - Threatening murder, even in a completely unlikely way, is not good

Tasteless? Tasteless?! That's it!

*Nukes zzippy's house*

Have you learn your lesson?

Edited by B-29 Bomber
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm surprised I hadn't posted here before, but here it goes:

Pedro Falcão (read Falk-am, Portuguese nasal sounds are a pain to foreigners) is my true name. I'm from Brasil, GMT-3.

I am a Computer Scientist, and in my free time help translate 0 A.D. I also like to study languages, I speak English fluently, Spanish reasonably well and basic German and Japanese.

• Like 1

one more German here :D

GMT +1 (winter), GMT +2 (summer)

My nickname actually issues from my preference and excessive use of Paladins in AoE2 when I did some LAN parties with my friends many years ago. If they tried to counter with spearmen I just smashed them with siege onagers. gg with 40+ Paladins then. We all didn't play often, so they didn't come up with some more effective strategy.

Whatever, I somewhen wanted to write an epos inspired by Lord of the Rings and Greek mythology. When I was thinking about a name for one of the main characters I was just modifying the word "Paladin" in several ways and came up with this one. Actually the project wasn't going anywhere further than about 50 pages of notes and drawings...

And when I first had to choose a nickname then I took Palaxin and ever since then. I think once I took a different nickname ("Nougatschnitte") which literally means "nougat sandwich" in German but is also used for hot chicas :D Back then I had a friend who essentially called everyone and everything a Nougatschnitte (and influenced me badly) :P

EDIT: actually you call chicas "Sahneschnitte" (cream sandwich) in German, but "Nougatschnitte" is the invention of this German Let's Player. Obviously my friend used that word so much that I forgot that it doesn't really exist :lol2: Sorry for going so far off-topic!​

Edited by Palaxin
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, my name is Kenneth Edwards. My nick was first formed by AOL as kedwa49094, but that account no longer exists. So far I have not played any pvp games online, but you will see me on the forums because I am interested in how this game works and programming in general.

My GMT is the same as Chicago (-6) or CST, but I am usually awake all night and sleep in the morning until noon. Oh, currently we are in daylight savings time so use -5 and CDT. I wish to abolish daylight savings time. It is simply the vanity of legislators to show the world they have the power to change time with their decree.

Yo no hablo muy pequeño espanol. XD

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi! I'm from Belgium but I've lived 3 years in Italy. Here it's GMT +1/+2(winter/summer). Am I the only one from Belgium except sanderd17 and JC?^_^

My nickname Tiber7 relates to the Tiber river, Tiberius the Roman emperor and Tiber Septim the first emperor of Tamriel (7 in French is written "sept").

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • feneur featured and unfeatured this topic
  • feneur pinned this topic