Suggestions for 0 A.D.

Wijitmaker

I love the deck card. Many gamers love mix board games with RTS. Get the feeling of strategical game.

If this game can mixed with other gente with which would be?

RPG?

board gaming/card?

TBS?

FPS?

imo, the only other broad type of game that can mix well with RTS games is RPGs, and even then it would be more like an RTS adaptation of an RPG

If units are to be given more than one mode of attack (say, pila or gladia for a Roman legionnaire), what if unit groups of a certain level and headed by a commander are able to automate basic attack events that can be set. For example, a group of like units can be set so that when hostile units come into the attack range, the group can be set beforehand to either attack by melee, throw javelins and then charge attack, or throw javelins until the group makes contact with the hostiles and then attack by melee. The units that will be able to do this will have to be of a certain level (not any old conscript will be able to do this), and not all types of main infantry units will be able to do this. This will give an advantage to mainly units that have combined attack and is quite useless for units that have only one type of attack. This makes combined ability units very flexible in that you can choose whether to make them act primarily as melee or ranged units.

I think that while the particular idea above can be discounted, the idea of basic automation that is a bit more complex that walking forwards and backwards and harvesting should be considered for adding to the gameplay.

• 2 weeks later...

IDEA: How about an "map editor" and a "cloth editor" for the game characters?...

( So we may make their appearence more similar to our own county´s old classic armies... And also, let the user to be able to rename these "army" names?... )

Please note: I have no idea if this are good requests, or if people asked about it it before, anyways....

Not possible?... Who cares?... THANKYOU for your hard work and share this awesome game with us!!!

Edited by jorgerosa
  • Like 1

After playing a few single player scenarios this morning, I was thinking to myself, it would be cool too see the Templar Knights be involved in some way. So I looked up their time period, apparently they came about in 1118, just missing what I understand to be the current 0AD time period of 1000AD.

Is there any discussion on going beyond the 1000AD, maybe not to modern times, though that would also be interesting but I think that far would be beyond the scope of the current game.

Sonly I have a answer: official mod focused in medieval times.its a lot of work. But we have The Cataprahct and Clibinarii if you like the Knights Warriors.

And it's 500AD not 1000 AD .

And not we are history channel, not Templar knights, no fantasy secrets societies, no ancient aliens.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 1

The Templar Knights are NOT fantasy, and were not a secret society. They were part of the Crusades. I did find other references on the forums here doing a general Search.

I originally thought 0AD was based on 500BC to 500AD, I don't know what made me think it expanded to 1000AD.

I have a minor issue from Alpha 14 to report and a suggestion about ships.

The minor issue from Alpha 14 is one of the City Phase Iberian Mercenary techs for the Carthaginians, the production time reduction doesn't seem to unlock at all, but the other tech in the pair and the Town Phase pair seem to work properly. I don't know if there are similar issues with the Celtic and Italian Mercenary techs, because I have only used the Iberian Embassy thanks to the new limit of one embassy at a time. On a side note, a limit of one embassy seems like it would make the production time reduction techs far more attractive than the cost reduction techs.

My suggestion is about the way ships are named. Currently, some ships, such as the Carthaginian warships, aren't using their specific name from the design document, the current specific name should be the generic name, and the current generic name is redundant with the ship class which is the next line of the tooltip and probably doesn't need to be used at all.

Edited by Zeta1127

now you say that Zeta, In Persian the Pair of Infantry and Cavalry is not same as other civs for obliviously reasons.

When you build a Wall the units only build a Turrets and "forgets the Wall" and happens with houses when you build more than 3.

And if you build a Wall when Ai try to Attack, dont have nothing because they can't attack the walls. may be they can try to withdraw

The minor issue from Alpha 14 is one of the City Phase Iberian Mercenary techs for the Carthaginians, the production time reduction doesn't seem to unlock at all, but the other tech in pair and the Town Phase pair seem to work properly. I don't know if there are similar issues with the Celtic and Italian Mercenary techs, because I have only used the Iberian Embassy thanks to the new limit of one embassy at a time. On a side note, a limit of one embassy seems like it would make the production time reduction techs far more attractive than the cost reduction techs.

Thanks for reporting this, we are looking into it. It's probably some typo somewhere. Now to find where ... ;)

For the ships names, we'll also look into making them better.

Thanks for mentioning it.

I would like to see the commit that fixes it. As I have mentioned before, I am a programmer by trade, so I should be able to fix my copy if I know where to look. I would honestly try to join the team if I had any knowledge of C++ and time to devote to the project, I just finished my Bachelor's in June and started my Master's in July.

• Like 1

I would like to see the commit that fixes it. As I have mentioned before, I am a programmer by trade, so I should be able to fix my copy if I know where to look. I would honestly try to join the team if I had any knowledge of C++ and time to devote to the project, I just finished my Bachelor's in June and started my Master's in July.

I searched for it, but didn't find it immediately (it probably needs a more awake version of me). But I logged it here so we don't forget: http://trac.wildfire...com/ticket/2106

If you want to join development, you don't have to know C++ (my c++ isn't spectacular either), you can join #0ad-dev on quakenet, where most of the discussions happen (you get to learn the source code that way). If you have a feature you want to implement, or a bug you want to solve, please also ask for some input on IRC. We'll be happy to help you (and our future selves).

• Like 1

• Stan` featured this topic