Lion.Kanzen Posted May 23, 2023 Share Posted May 23, 2023 3 hours ago, Stan` said: Yeah you can restore the <history> tag in the identity components. It will then show up in the detailed view of the unit. Do you think I can make a fork from there and then merge it? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ShadowOfHassen Posted May 23, 2023 Share Posted May 23, 2023 So I was wondering would it be smart to make a mod with the different cost for unit upgrades, so people can see how it works? I might be able to figure out how to make a mod. However, can mods run with the flatpak 0 AD? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion.Kanzen Posted May 23, 2023 Share Posted May 23, 2023 (edited) 45 minutes ago, ShadowOfHassen said: So I was wondering would it be smart to make a mod with the different cost for unit upgrades, so people can see how it works? I might be able to figure out how to make a mod. However, can mods run with the flatpak 0 AD? The problem is going to be convincing them to install the mod. I suggest you make a new topic. Edited May 23, 2023 by Lion.Kanzen Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ShadowOfHassen Posted May 23, 2023 Share Posted May 23, 2023 (edited) I made the mod, and played a medium skirmish. I died but, this time, it wasn't before I could advance to the second age. I enjoyed it more because it didn't seem I always didn't have any wood. Where would be the best place to share the mod? One thing is the upgrade descriptions might need to be changed for stone because its descriptions are about slaves, but It now costs metal/ wood. (Pickaxe?) As to convincing them to install it. Anyone who tries the other version gets one imaginary German chocolate cake... Edited May 23, 2023 by ShadowOfHassen Update Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ShadowOfHassen Posted May 23, 2023 Share Posted May 23, 2023 I'd also be interested in seeing the encyclopedia. I was thinking a history sort of encyclopedia and not a gameplay one, and so I don't see how that would be a lot of translation after the initial writing. By history, I mean like who were the Maurians? Who were their warrior maidens. Who was this roman general? Etc. I think age of empires had a feature like it, but I'm not sure. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion.Kanzen Posted May 23, 2023 Share Posted May 23, 2023 20 minutes ago, ShadowOfHassen said: I'd also be interested in seeing the encyclopedia. I was thinking a history sort of encyclopedia and not a gameplay one, and so I don't see how that would be a lot of translation after the initial writing. By history, I mean like who were the Maurians? Who were their warrior maidens. Who was this roman general? Etc. I think age of empires had a feature like it, but I'm not sure. I understand it perfectly. Play that game saga. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion.Kanzen Posted May 23, 2023 Share Posted May 23, 2023 1 hour ago, ShadowOfHassen said: Where would be the best place to share the mod? This forum: modification sub forum. Moddb And mod.io You should try A27 ( release candidate). Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ShadowOfHassen Posted May 23, 2023 Share Posted May 23, 2023 A 27? I am new, so I have no idea what that is. Quote I understand it perfectly. Play that game saga. What's play that game saga? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gurken Khan Posted May 23, 2023 Share Posted May 23, 2023 2 minutes ago, ShadowOfHassen said: A 27? Our alphas have a name and a number. Currently the release candidate (RC) for the next version, A27, is being tested. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ShadowOfHassen Posted May 23, 2023 Share Posted May 23, 2023 So I have a GitHub account, would it be Ok to put it on Github and then open a forum post to have people discuss what they thought? Then you all can decide whether you want it in the game. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stan` Posted May 23, 2023 Share Posted May 23, 2023 1 hour ago, ShadowOfHassen said: So I have a GitHub account, would it be Ok to put it on Github and then open a forum post to have people discuss what they thought? Then you all can decide whether you want it in the game. Sure. Keep in mind that most people are not tech friendly, so ideally you should provide it as a pyromod. See the relevant documentation here: https://trac.wildfiregames.com/#Formodders: Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion.Kanzen Posted May 23, 2023 Share Posted May 23, 2023 5 hours ago, ShadowOfHassen said: A 27? I am new, so I have no idea what that is. What's play that game saga? Age of Empires saga. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hyperion Posted May 23, 2023 Share Posted May 23, 2023 7 hours ago, ShadowOfHassen said: So I have a GitHub account, would it be Ok to put it on Github and then open a forum post to have people discuss what they thought? Then you all can decide whether you want it in the game. If this is about history tags then I'd welcome it. The reason for dropping the ones there were was they were filler mostly like "this is a Roman stable, full-stop" and the like as I recall. So if you get it were they have substance and our historians are happy with the quality I don't see a reason for it no making it into the main game in the end. I suggest start a mod and limit yourself to 1 or two civs first and try to get the attention and feedback of the historians early. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stan` Posted May 24, 2023 Share Posted May 24, 2023 IIRC in a A26/A27 there is an option to reduce the area that does the scrolling so I suppose if you set it to 0 it's disabled. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stan` Posted May 24, 2023 Share Posted May 24, 2023 My bad then. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
vladislavbelov Posted May 24, 2023 Share Posted May 24, 2023 46 minutes ago, seeh said: i dont think so. i tried (in Graphics general) this to change, but it does something else: It's a different option, there is view.scroll.mouse.detectdistance. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ShadowOfHassen Posted May 25, 2023 Share Posted May 25, 2023 Quote Age of Empires saga. Not really. I played Age of Empires 3, and Age of mythology a couple of times, but I don't really care if age of empires has something or not. I just want to know what everything is without ordering 10 books from the library and scrolling through 15 pages of blocked college papers to find out cool history stuff. On 23/05/2023 at 8:25 AM, Stan` said: Sure. Keep in mind that most people are not tech friendly, so ideally you should provide it as a pyromod. See the relevant documentation here: https://trac.wildfiregames.com/#Formodders: I'll skip the github and just put it on mod.io it doesn't look too hard. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion.Kanzen Posted May 25, 2023 Share Posted May 25, 2023 8 minutes ago, ShadowOfHassen said: I just want to know what everything is without ordering 10 books from the library and scrolling through 15 pages of blocked college papers to find out cool history stuff. We should summarize that information but I can't imagine anyone working on that. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ShadowOfHassen Posted May 25, 2023 Share Posted May 25, 2023 I'd be willing to do some of it off and on. I mean, you already have raw research about each unit before putting them in the game, right? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion.Kanzen Posted May 25, 2023 Share Posted May 25, 2023 3 minutes ago, ShadowOfHassen said: I'd be willing to do some of it off and on. I mean, you already have raw research about each unit before putting them in the game, right? Research undoubtedly exists (no units can be taken out without research). When fractions are designed, the second thing that is designed is the architecture and with the architecture the main units and their appearance are designed. You can see our mods in the Mods Forum, and you will notice that it is exactly the same modus operandi for factions. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion.Kanzen Posted May 25, 2023 Share Posted May 25, 2023 6 minutes ago, ShadowOfHassen said: I'd be willing to do some of it off and on. I mean, you already have raw research about each unit before putting them in the game, right? https://wildfiregames.com/forum/forum/423-rise-of-the-east/ For example. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ShadowOfHassen Posted May 25, 2023 Share Posted May 25, 2023 So I posted the mod to mod.io I'm waiting for it to be approved, and then I'll open a forum post to discuss it. Should I put the discussion in Gameplay Discussion or Modding? I mean, it relates to gameplay and really isn't that big of modding. Raw research like that is probably the easiest, but not for civilizations that are in development. It wouldn't be too hard, unit description wise. When you get to civilizations, you'd just need an overview with just enough information. The upgrades would be easy because a lot of them are used across units. Descriptions would be a pain for translators, however. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion.Kanzen Posted May 25, 2023 Share Posted May 25, 2023 9 minutes ago, ShadowOfHassen said: So I posted the mod to mod.io I'm waiting for it to be approved, and then I'll open a forum post to discuss it. Should I put the discussion in Gameplay Discussion or Modding? I mean, it relates to gameplay and really isn't that big of modding. Raw research like that is probably the easiest, but not for civilizations that are in development. It wouldn't be too hard, unit description wise. When you get to civilizations, you'd just need an overview with just enough information. The upgrades would be easy because a lot of them are used across units. Descriptions would be a pain for translators, however. It depends on how you approach the problem. If you make a mod of this it should go in the mod section but if it is to be attached to the main project in that case put it in the general forum. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ShadowOfHassen Posted May 25, 2023 Share Posted May 25, 2023 I want it to be for the main game. I'm using the mod to make it easier for people to test it. I'll put it in the general forum as soon as it's approved. So would anyone know where the original historical discussions for the more stable factions (Greece/ Briton etc.)? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion.Kanzen Posted May 25, 2023 Share Posted May 25, 2023 11 minutes ago, ShadowOfHassen said: I'll put it in the general forum as soon as it's approved. Approved? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now