===[COMMITTED]=== Tiger

Micket

Which period of history is it ? Edit: Close enough : https://en.wikipedia...stribution3.PNG

I am sure it's not prehistoric (or don't you mean that?). I can't even find those. But I know about Caspian tigers so I figured these must be okay. I heard tigers were native in prehistoric times in Alaska, but I'm not sure if that's true.

And Panthera is about big cat preservation, I'm pretty confident they have (one of) the most accurate. It says historic range so I assume that's from when it was first written about.

But it's good that somebody else find accuracy important. And I make mistakes too. So keep doing what you do!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lions were in Europe, at last in Greece during the time frame too. But went extinct in in the first century AD according to Dio Chrysostom.

Though while typing this I read Greeks called all big cats lions, so it could have been leopards instead. Leopards would at least been in Turkey and I would assume Greece also. Spotted hyenas also used to life in Europe but I'm pretty sure they went extinct in the late Pleistocene.

I wonder if they lived in Egypt (spotted hyenas), but I can't find anything so I pressume not.

Edited by Unarmed

• 4 months later...

Beautiful work, with Animations. now all Mauryans UNits are Completed even trader?

You're right, The zebu needs animations. That is a priority and will be worked next.

What program did you use to animate it? Is Blender working for Collada animations?

I used Blender. Yes, Blender works for exporting animations in Collada format into the game. It is the Collada importing (into blender) what is broken.

You can create new animations for the game creating a new rig and animations from scratch, but you can't import existing animations to upgrade or modify them unless you have the animation's source file.

• Like 1

Thanks,

I have updated the animation so there's a second paw swipe on the ground after the jump before going to the start position again. I'd like to keep the jump part, but I'm not sure how it will look if the tiger is killed mid-air, or after landing the jump: (away from the animation's origin point) and the death animation starts playing (which will play at the origin)

Here's a little test for an attack animation. Probably not going to be used, because it takes more time positioning than attacking. I think a simple paw swipe or a simpler motion may work better.

vrbGEq.gif

It's okay that it is a long cycle. We can just make the attack time longer in the entity template and increase the attack value to compensate. Though, I would like to see other variations of attack, because I think a tiger would be a lot more violent.

Thank you guys, glad you like them ^_^

Enrique, I might be misremembering, but I seem to recall you not really having done much animation before? And then you do this? :o Really nice work so far in either case (y)

Yes, that's true. I've barely done any animation work before other than some basic tests. I had knowledge about the basics which I've been improving lately since Zaggy became inactive... (we also needed someone in the team with animation experience to help newcomers and make some documentation so...)

Idle_03 looks very much like a cat. (We have four.) You have clearly watched cats. I agree with GunChleoc, though, in that you should keep the tiger in that position for a little longer.

Hehe, yes. I've lived with cats for a very long time :P. I agree with you and GunChleoc, the portion of the yawn needs to be a little longer. Easy fix :)

I hope these animations can be reused for the different big felines we want to have in the game (lion, lioness, cheetah...)

Lions' meshes would be really nice to be updated, so, if Micket is reading this and is on the mood, you are invited to do more awesome animal models :)

• Like 2