Jump to content

[Devlog] Burning Heart (a narrative campaign for 0 A.D.)


lilypoppy
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone,

For the past month, I've been working on a project: a narrative campaign for 0 A.D., focused on Viriathus and the Lusitanian resistance against Rome.

In-depth research, focusing primarily on Appian's *The Spanish Wars*

Why : 

Because 0 A.D. clearly lacks a narrative campaign, and because the development faces significant technical and resource-related challenges. If this work can help the community, that in itself is a success for me.

My goal :

My goal is to create a story people will play, while discovering 0 A.D. But also to help the developers with my experience, through reports, and above all to create a reference for future scenario creation.

For the past month, we've been working on the scenario. I already have 8 contributors on the project. Huge thanks to them.

Release :

The goal is to release Scenario 1. No official date yet, but I'll post an update every two weeks here, and also on Reddit.

Also :

This project isn't to release it as quickly as possible, but rather to ensure quality and also learn things like programming, digital painting,music, and collaboration.

Thanks !

INTRO-ILLUSTRATION-THEME_draw.png

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Nicolaus_von_Kues said:

I imagine you have a narrative script. Thinking about what will happen and what you will say in each scenario.

I have the scenarios, the objective plans, and the gameplay. I'm working on how cinematics work, and I'm also looking for voice-over — not easy, but I have ideas. https://wildfiregames.com/forum/topic/168855-campaign-idea-with-the-iberians-–-looking-for-feedback-and-editor-tips/

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lilypoppy said:

I have the scenarios, the objective plans, and the gameplay. I'm working on how cinematics work, and I'm also looking for voice-over — not easy, but I have ideas. https://wildfiregames.com/forum/topic/168855-campaign-idea-with-the-iberians-–-looking-for-feedback-and-editor-tips/

You could look for a YouTuber who likes the game and has a good voice and way of expressing themselves.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...