0 A.D. on YouTube

Mythos_Ruler

21 minutes ago, Player of 0AD said:

I don't think so. Axe cav is buffed, and spear cav accelerates faster.

But less health: https://gitlab.com/0ad/0ad-community-mod-a26/-/merge_requests/22/diffs

And also this which I am not sure what modifies: https://gitlab.com/0ad/0ad-community-mod-a26/-/merge_requests/23/diffs Walk speed is same for me with and without comm-mod.

Edited by BeTe

Guys maybe we should stream more on Twitch which is gaming service afaik. https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/0 A.D. There are ~900 subs for this game. You guys can use restream.io which gives free streaming to 2 channels so you can stream to Youtube and Twitch in same time.

Also, there are 2 games there for some reason....  (https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/0 A.D%3A Empires Ascendant)

Edited by BeTe
  • Like 2

not a youtube video but a video nonetheless:

Some users suggest that there are no "tactics" in 0ad, and that battles are too chaotic and fast for player inputs to make a difference. In this video, you can see why that’s not the case.

Here @SaidRdz (black) has a moderate upgrade advantage, but is surrounded and quite outnumbered by Blue and red. All three players here are similar in 0ad experience, but @chrstgtr and @Isam f are behind due to a rush.

There are certainly tactics and strategic decisions made even in very large fights. The key is that they should be made quickly and precisely if you want to win. Edited by real_tabasco_sauce
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

Some users suggest that there are no "tactics" in 0ad, and that battles are too chaotic and fast for player inputs to make a difference.

that is what I meant by the fact that the game lacks a lot of maneuverability and the melee units die very quickly.

That's why I want to make the melee units last long enough on the battlefield to be able to make tactical moves.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

4 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Me(Chandy) vs Gismox - Multiplayer

Don't expect a big battle, I was teaching him how to play.

Still, he didn't want to learn.

He asked me why there was a game like AoE.

He had fun, but I must give him more learning space.

In the middle of the game he had 29 units in the second phase vs 117 of mine.

IMG_20230319_215240_668.thumb.jpg.001c9904e8010497f9ff026beeb57d7b.jpg

• Like 2

had to take a lil break for my mental health but should be back regular again, just maybe twice a weekish. already have 2 of the OP tgs sent by the top dogs w community-mod (that i finally got to work lol) recorded so im sooo excited to edit those for ur enjoyment :))) been focusing on music n processing trauma a lot lately but im still tryna find time to actually play games to keep my commentary tight! catch me in the lobby :)

:team 1: @Keko2    (1528) @J.D.zz ,

(1273) @Tarzan  (1266) @jbc (1308)

:team 2: @lonzalefantasy , @longsentencename (1403)

@Pandrvabal , @zxphxr (1302)

commands.txt

• Like 1

On 12/03/2023 at 12:50 PM, BeTe said:

But less health: https://gitlab.com/0ad/0ad-community-mod-a26/-/merge_requests/22/diffs

And also this which I am not sure what modifies: https://gitlab.com/0ad/0ad-community-mod-a26/-/merge_requests/23/diffs Walk speed is same for me with and without comm-mod.

This was not merged. There is a voting process for community mod merge requests, and some get turned down by the community.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

This was not merged. There is a voting process for community mod merge requests, and some get turned down by the community.

We should schedule battles(matches) to test the changes.

I have to admit  this playing against a real player is very different playing against artificial intelligence.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

We should schedule battles(matches) to test the changes.

I have to admit  this playing against a real player is very different playing against artificial intelligence.

There was a Friendly Tournament few months ago, just for that reason, afaik.

It's nice way to test changes and revive 1v1 scene. I'd like to see it.

P.S.

with the hardest AI you can use boom (Economy Build) and send entire army or place CC expansion in his face and he is dead. Very booring. :) 

Edited by BeTe

7 minutes ago, BeTe said:

There was a Friendly Tournament few months ago, just for that reason, afaik.

It's nice way to test changes and revive 1v1 scene. I'd like to see it.

P.S.

with the hardest AI you can use boom (Economy Build) and send entire army or place CC expansion in his face and he is dead. Very booring.

I'm not a competitive player, playing just to win at all costs and in 30 minutes seems very entertaining to me.

For me the fun is having a big battle like in the ancient era, with all kinds of military tactics.

That of winning by a  cavalry Rush seems boring to me.The fun is figuring out how to use new troops or a new way to win even if it takes h1:30.

I like more to play as LARP.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

I'm not a competitive player, playing just to win at all costs and in 30 minutes seems very entertaining to me.

For me the fun is having a big battle like in the ancient era, with all kinds of military tactics.

That of winning by a  cavalry Rush seems boring to me.The fun is figuring out how to use new troops or a new way to win even if it takes h1:30.

I like more to play as LARP.

Hehe, you really enjoy the game. :D It's fine.

Contrary, I like challenge, high level plays. I like work on improving myself and diving into details of a game.

I'd say I take RTS games as sport. I'd compare it chess with additional elements of physical (fingers, eyes, mouse/keyboard usage) and mind (fast and proper reactions) plat. I really don't care much about graphics, characters, etc. :) 

We are all different, which is nice. 

Edited by BeTe