offering help as noob illustrator an(and some suggestions)

carpinchonegro

Hey there, I do some basic illustrations ( https://www.deviantart.com/saelsael a couple of years ago, I've improved slightly but not much since life got in the way)
I also made some illustrations for this open source game: https://etg.dek.im
If there is any illustration, maybe some placeholders even, I could make to help, I would be honored.

On other news: Whats the sex ratio of civilians? I was thinking that since some of the men would be recruited for the army, should the rate of female civilian be considerably higher than the males, to get some balance on the total population?

Edited by carpinchonegro

Welcome to the forums.

I don't know who's in charge of art and what's going on there, probably @Stan` could point you somewhere.

1 hour ago, carpinchonegro said:

Whats the sex ratio of civilians?

It's 1, all female.

You haven't played the game yet? In vanilla only women are civilians. They excel at gathering food, but since you only need so much food you only need so much women; the vast majority of the pop is male, although some mods handle it differently.

Thanks for the welcome!
I actually meant within Delenda Est. I know its all females in 0ad vanilla, but I think overall I prefer to play Delenda Est, so that's what my suggestion was targetted to :D

ofc. If I could make some art for the 0ad project I would be delighted! But since I'm not that good (and since I play more Delenda Est than vanilla) I thought my skills would be maybe more useful for the mod?

If I posted in the wrong place, please redirect me!
A pleasure to meet you all :)

Edited by carpinchonegro

34 minutes ago, Norse_Harold said:

Might the team making the builtin encyclopedia find it useful to have custom illustrations?

@ShadowOfHassen@Vantha@Lion.Kanzen

Both I and @Vanthawould love them. However, at the moment there's no point because to my best knowledge the engine lacks the features that are needed to display them.  @wowgetoffyourcellphone made some designs for a new UI, but someone more programming inclined would need to implement them. I haven't heard or seen anything about @Lion.Kanzensince this summer... Hopefully he's OK.

Anyway...

@carpinchonegro, welcome to the forum! I think @wowgetoffyourcellphone can find something for you to help with his mod. If not, I'm sure whoever kills @Stan` and take the green laurel of 0 A.D. project emperor will have some work for you. However, that might take a while. Someone told Stan what happened to Nero, and he hasn't had a bath in months!

Joking (of course) Well, at least part of it. Someone should be able to help you get started, @carpinchonegro, I found this on the developer wiki: https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/WikiStart#Forartists: It looks mostly for 3D artists, but still it might be worth skimming. Also, there's a forum dedicated to 0 A.D.'s art division here: https://wildfiregames.com/forum/forum/409-art-development/

Off-topic, but do we have any updates on project governance? @Vanthaand I want to start moving articles mainstream and I have some questions about updating writing guidelines/where we put extra stuff/oversight on the encyclopedia going forward as well as the important question of how do we even start?

Edited by ShadowOfHassen
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/01/2024 at 10:46 AM, carpinchonegro said:

Thanks for the welcome!
I actually meant within Delenda Est. I know its all females in 0ad vanilla, but I think overall I prefer to play Delenda Est, so that's what my suggestion was targetted to :D

ofc. If I could make some art for the 0ad project I would be delighted! But since I'm not that good (and since I play more Delenda Est than vanilla) I thought my skills would be maybe more useful for the mod?

If I posted in the wrong place, please redirect me!
A pleasure to meet you all :)

Carpincho negro hablas español verdad?