Bots phishing in phabricator

There are a lot of bots recently making comments copied from other comments adding a link at the end. See below for an example. A lot of them are very similar.

image.thumb.png.664151d62c7d8a6ce8ebee5ed7d2f005.png

Don't click the link. Hopefully all these accounts can be removed and their comments too.

Edited by real_tabasco_sauce
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A lot of this has already been reported by Elexis and me to the only two people who can remove the spam: Stan and Itms. Both are on something like extended unannounced hiatus right now. More people need to ask them when they plan to resume activity or delegate authority to people who are active, I suppose.

Edited by Norse_Harold
  • Like 1

On 29/09/2023 at 2:57 AM, chrstgtr said:

Elexis is back?

He messages me from time to time with a reaction to something I've written on the forum or IRC, or to inform me of spam on the forum or Phabricator. Sometimes he will tell a story about the history of conflict in the WFG dev team or provide feedback on some source code that I've written. He isn't "back". He has told me that he will never do work for WFG again. Apparently he considers the information he sends me to not be defined as "work" for WFG, which is good because I consider the information that he sends to be defined as helpful. He's probably reading this right now, so hi Elexis.  :-)

I imagine that he would respond to this similarly to the most recent conversation with him, where he said, "ignorance is bliss"...

Edited by Norse_Harold
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Norse_Harold said:

He messages me from time to time with a reaction to something I've written on the forum or IRC, or to inform me of spam on the forum or Phabricator. Sometimes he will tell a story about the history of conflict in the WFG dev team or provide feedback on some source code that I've written. He isn't "back". He has told me that he will never do work for WFG again. Apparently he considers the information he sends me to not be defined as "work" for WFG, which is good because I consider the information that he sends to be defined as helpful. He's probably reading this right now, so hi Elexis.  :-)

I imagine that he would respond to this similarly to the most recent conversation with him, where he said, "ignorance is bliss"...

I used to complain about how Elexis handled things from time to time. Looking back in it, Elexis did a great job and was under appreciated 

Edited by chrstgtr
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, kozarets said:

I think bots phishing in phabricator is a serious problem that needs to be addressed as soon as possible. Phishing bots are malicious users who create fake accounts and post comments with links to scam websites or malware. They can harm the reputation of the project, the security of the users, and the quality of the feedback. To protect against bots phishing in phabricator, I suggest the following measures: - Require email verification for new accounts - Implement a captcha or other anti-spam mechanism for posting comments - Monitor and report suspicious activity and accounts - Educate users about how to identify and avoid phishing links

Ironically, this reads like ChatGPT 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kozarets said:

I think bots phishing in phabricator is a serious problem that needs to be addressed as soon as possible. Phishing bots are malicious users who create fake accounts and post comments with links to scam websites or malware. They can harm the reputation of the project, the security of the users, and the quality of the feedback. To protect against bots phishing in phabricator, I suggest the following measures: - Require email verification for new accounts - Implement a captcha or other anti-spam mechanism for posting comments - Monitor and report suspicious activity and accounts - Educate users about how to identify and avoid phishing links

Did you use chatgpt?