Champions units back in the game

borg-

Champions have been dominant units in past alphas, however these units are no longer seen in the game, neither in 1v1 or TG. For me it's a big waste of material, so I'm willing to put together a patch to make them viable again and I count on everyone's opinion/suggestion to be able to put together a patch as suitable as possible.

My three primary suggestions are:

1- Reduce costs;

2- Give champion units special abilities, like fire cav / immortals. That way you will have a bigger and more specific proposal to train these units.

3- Both.

So what do you think? :medieval:

• Like 2

Actually champs are not that rare in TGs and not even in 1v1s. They are so relevant that I think that Athen and Sparta could need some cav champs, as it can be a serious disadvantage currently. Maybe that is a change which is needed, not a change for all champs.

The Han civ is not big fun champion-wise, as no champs come out of their barracks and stables (same goes for Athen and Sparta btw). They need to build very expensive champ-buildings which dont even access the best kinds of champs.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, borg- said:

Champions have been dominant units in past alphas, however these units are no longer seen in the game, neither in 1v1 or TG. For me it's a big waste of material, so I'm willing to put together a patch to make them viable again and I count on everyone's opinion/suggestion to be able to put together a patch as suitable as possible.

My three primary suggestions are:

1- Reduce costs;

2- Give champion units special abilities, like fire cav / immortals. That way you will have a bigger and more specific proposal to train these units.

3- Both.

So what do you think? :medieval:

champ cav are quite common (and I would say too strong).

For infantry, I completely agree. I would add a fourth choice and make them more accessible via shorter train times and/or eliminating the research required to unlock them

• Like 2

champ cav tend to be very strong and frequent team games. Think Celtic chariots, consular bodyguards, seleucid and persian champion spearcav.

Infantry champions are trained but not to the same effect. I think firstly there should be some nerf to champion cavalry (melee in particular, consular bodyguards for sure). This is mentioned in the community mod discussion.

I think a decrease in cost could be worthwhile because they should be playable in high(ish) numbers. The train time could be reduced along with the research time for unlocking champions (currently 60 seconds)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...