Jump to content

Atrik

Community Members
  • Posts

    869
  • Joined

  • Days Won

    45

Everything posted by Atrik

  1. There are some but for sure, some could be added. I'd love for towers to have a tech for LoS. I think one game that balance fast units correctly is Total War series. Their games are very much mostly SP, yet, cavalry units (and any fast units in general) aren't nub-friendly. They are high risk, high reward units: In Pharaoh for example, chariots are super expensive but still EASILY one shoted by any cheap spear, jav, and even to lesser extend other missiles units. You can't just rely on having bough a expensive unit to throw into the fray and win fights that way. You need to have the right timing, micro, and combo with other units to make the most out of them. But when you do, the rampage is real. That's what makes a game interesting in my humble opinion. In 0AD Pers and Sele have these champ cav that have for example 2x the HP of a Spartan champ hoplite, with more base armor; and to be a "counter" the infantry has x2.5 bonus damage against them... And that's the best counter there is to them... If ever the spartans can ever reach the cav. You see, it's just obviously bad balance.
  2. I think you don't like the calls to "nerf" units , but that doesn't mean making the game more boring, to the contrary : what MPs players don't really like are too anchored 'metas' that make all games a bit too similar... Because one build or tactic is too hard to counter, and that therefor a players can repeat it regardless of the opponent being aware of what you he'll do. Ideally strategy, improvisation, adaptation would be rewarded over mechanically applying a cookie cutter build. You get a better experience from a game where you have to use your brain, teamwork, rather then just trying to be fast fast at spamming broken champ cav for example. Idk how exactly that translates for SP, probably just not being incentivize to make an army of 1 unit type, because it's stronger and isn't at risk to be countered, is already kinda giving the game an extra dept. Pretty sure that it's universal that players play RTS for the Strategy part (Even if I've been told that "Real Time" means it should be about being fast clicker or what not).
  3. This was a symptom of A27.0, check if you downloaded the latest version of the game that address this bug : A27.1
  4. Only the right panel is a tiny bit larger (+35px or so). It's mostly icons being larger, maybe giving the impression it has be scaled up. However it's reasonable to not find it to your tastes still. I don't understand why would you do this if you have a small screen.
  5. Hi @diagonalo! Thanks for your work on this mod. Since I recently worked on these panels for ModernGUI, I though I could try to see if they would be fit for your mod. @guerringuerrin also maybe wish to use or/and play around with these panels so this might help with a more minimalist mod to check out. In my version bellow there are a bunch more files modded there compared to the original mod for a26, however... You can see the changes bellow: BetterUIA27.zip
  6. CallToArms unit action was meant to be usable in combination with the 'unit only' hotkey modifier. However it doesn't work anymore / never worked. I find CallToArms to be extremely useful, but when your units start attacking buildings, that can be very annoying. Most players I know remap the most hotkeys possible to avoid units attacking buildings in any circumstances. Here Is a mod I use to make CallToArms to by default attack units only. CallToArmsUnitsOnly.zip Note: This doesn't really fix the action, as it overwrite the default behavior entirely rather then fixing the original bug, however I'm sure no players ever want to use the normal attack-move that also make units attack buildings, so it's intended to simplify the hotkey usage.
  7. Don't understand why would this be the case in light of what @hyperion and @ffm2 said.
  8. With autociv you can create any hotkey you can dream of almost, and most buildings have default ones. For buildings just check hotkeys after installing. If you search for a hokey for house, you'll need to search "house" because it won't be translated.
  9. Wasn't there another tool someone made that was more visual and less overwhelming then templatesanalyzer to read and compare templates? I though I remembered seeing it but I can't find with any search.
  10. I'll just add that the mod also fix the related map-scripts bug, which: can't often not be mitigated by changing map settings can be mitigated by disabling persistent match settings (I think?) This bug for example triggered water levels rising on any map after you player the Flood map.
  11. Yes, also seems for-now that a27 or a27.1 makes no differences.
  12. The host kick players 1by1. Then once the buggy player leave, simulation run again, once he rejoined, the game is stopped or incredibly slow (slower then x0.1). This never happens mid game, it's always at game start, but the player can rejoin and he'll still stop the simulation.
  13. Yes that's exactly the symptoms. IIRC I've already been that player who slows the game and I didn't experience any lag, not network, nor pc. Every time this happens, the buggy player doesn't believe others when they say he is lagging ("My cpu is at 15%" "I've just run a speedtest"). But kicking him out clearly solves the issue. It really happened to a very wide variety of players, and with enough occurrences to believe it's a bug of the game rather then any external factor.
  14. Done, you were right. I was waiting to get the url of this thread to add it in the mod.json but forgot.
  15. This mod fix the seed and mapscripts bug loaded persistently. Idk why I or nobody did it before... ResetSeed.zip
  16. Playing with stats it seems the "Bonus acceleration" for garrisoning rams doesn't actually applies Movement and turn rate does thoughts. @real_tabasco_sauce Edit: ah someone already noticed actually
  17. If you experience screen freeze/0ad freeze it might be a different issue, I believe in the case I describe the player can still control the camera for example. The above also seems to happen 1/10th of games.
  18. Yes done lol How did you make your calculations? (Is there something that seems intuitive but actually means something else entirely for you ) Should be : Add all arrows * Arrow damage / Interval (5+(3)+(7))*(8+(3.5)) / 3.5 = 15 * 11.5 / 3.5 = 48.xx
  19. Nice! I wasn't sure the colors made sens to me only because I made it or if they did indeed add that little touch that makes the tooltip easy to read! I find colors codes often easy to understand even when never specified, like in 0ad, Blue for CS, Green for Merc, Red for Champs in unit icons, one can spot the pattern very fast and it never needs to be specified. So for buildings, I use blue for garrison bonus and green for techs, and it (should be?) easy to understand. Right? Worse cases if you don't get it, it doesn't diminish much the readability. y ok I was very slightly preferring this too.
  20. A27 has a new bug that occurs, reasonably often where a player will make the game freeze or incredibly slow. What we currently observe : This isn't some kind of lag, the player won't experience network, nor cpu lag when this occurs. Since this isn't creating any logs, how can we help document this bug?
  21. Same feeling about the vague description of this tech...
  22. @guerringuerrin does inline rly make it better? I'm kinda neutral on this. However I also wanted to wait to show the color scale idea depending on upgrades, inspired from @Dakara idea but trying to keep it agnostic of how upgrades currently works (tiers would also make limited sens if you have WTF for example). Above, p3 upgraded spear vs p3 + wtf. Below p1 upgraded camel + Cleo aura. Thoughts? Edit For buildings. I don't know if colors are confusing or actually helps. I like them.
  23. I love the idea, however the current stats are displayed agnostic of sources of the bonuses. I'm still going to try to see if a grayscale of the icon (proportional of the bonuses amount) can look good.
  24. 1)Yes the sword icon and number display dps. 2)Why Redundant would mean it's displayed elsewhere? I like to have it clear when some units are trying to chase others (like cavs) to see if enemy have a speed bonus, or just base unit movement. 3)The screenshots scale the icons a bit. In game they look perfect for me. That being said, the stats calculated and displayed here are from base template and unit state. This means you, or anyone could extract theses parts of ModernGUI and tweak/play around with it, without having to import too much of it's code. Probably easier then starting from the vanilla panel if you have an idea of what you want to do. @TheCJ I hate when a games hide stats. Feels like they think your too dumb to compare numbers. In mods like Historical I would go crazy if I couldn't read stats, and having fast/easy way to understand the stats are even more critical.
×
×
  • Create New...