Jump to content

Lopess

Community Members
  • Posts

    972
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    29

Everything posted by Lopess

  1. Create something similar for my mod using AI—it might be interesting: In this new combat mode, it's possible to play using area control or head-on battles like in *Total War*; for my futuristic mod, I intend to focus primarily on area control, though nothing stops me from removing the control points and reverting to classic *Total War*—if one can even call it that.
  2. Now, that would be something quite different; I plan to use the grand strategy mod for a campaign map set on Mars.
  3. For now, it will take a back seat until Endovelico stabilizes further—so, for the time being, it's less than an alpha; take a look. Feel free to contribute anything you'd like; Eilat and I have already discussed this, and we plan to share good ideas and mechanics of mutual interest. The concept of the mod has changed significantly since 2024; now I plan to go for a setting closer to the present day—something like a civil war on Mars—featuring just a few civilizations that are highly distinct from one another.
  4. Special attacks with bombers and nuclear missiles: (slowness is from the capture on the notebook, FPS in the top corner of the video). Gravação de tela de 2026-09-26 01-42-06.webm
  5. That’s a thing of beauty; I can't wait to use some air-to-air missiles against those Black Hawks.
  6. I sent an adaptation for Alpha 28 via private message—one I had on my hard drive—and I even included infantry with animations in it.
  7. @Essential Strategy We can continue here so we don't end up derailing that other topic. And yes, since the game is constantly evolving, small adjustments are made as updates roll out—usually minor details from one version to the next.
  8. For the animations, use the variations for the caratacos hero; regardless of the chosen human mesh model, the animations can be used with all of them. https://gitea.wildfiregames.com/0ad/0ad/src/branch/main/binaries/data/mods/public/art/actors/units/britons/hero_cavalry_swordsman_caratacos_r.xml
  9. We have some medieval mods; once you start to understand a bit more about how props work, you can, for example, use them for something closer to the Joan of Arc: https://github.com/0ADMods/xiiiad and https://github.com/0ADMods/millenniumad
  10. Hello. Most likely, the tutorial you saw used older files; a lot has changed. However, as I understand it, what you're aiming for right now is something simpler—you don't need to modify any .dae files. To understand how the units are assembled, take a look at the javelin-wielding heroine Boudicca: Note that in one file we prepare what the warrior will wear, as well as the animations and model to be used, while in the other file we prepare the mount and link it to an anchor point (a point that exists within the mount's .dae file). https://gitea.wildfiregames.com/0ad/0ad/src/branch/main/binaries/data/mods/public/art/actors/units/britons/hero_cavalry_javelinist_boudicca_m.xml https://gitea.wildfiregames.com/0ad/0ad/src/branch/main/binaries/data/mods/public/art/actors/units/britons/hero_cavalry_javelinist_boudicca_r.xml
  11. Interesting; the mythical heroes were really bothering me. Do we have anything—even if just names—for the Minoans? As for the Egyptians, I haven't changed anything; I think it would be interesting to discuss them within the context of the discussion on this civilization.
  12. I'm considering only the base game—specifically the Atlas map at the "Giant" size—but we can still remove the map's circular boundary, which gains us a good amount of extra surface area; I don't think we lose much compared to *C&C Generals*. I've never tried it, but I believe map size is a limitation related more to performance than an actual limit of the engine itself.
  13. Creating mods about exactly that, advancing and developing things normally within the limits of what is expected in a game, besides that I disagree about map sizes, normally the maps in 0ad don't go to maximum capacity of the engine. Wait and see, don't say something is impossible unless you've already tried it and seen that it really isn't possible. In that case, it would be interesting to hear about their experiences and gain some knowledge from them.
  14. A good starting point is to download a mod, analyze what each component does, preferably using Visual Studio Code or a similar program, understand the folder structure, the XML standards, image formats, etc.I have good news, we have a community mod started by Stan about World War II using models from another open-source game.https://github.com/0ADMods/pyrogenesis-1944 That would be a great start; download this mod, update to alpha 28, and try getting the French Civic to work, for example. We have manuals for mods, and almost all questions have already been asked in the forum, which is a good place to do so, but if anything new comes up, feel free to ask here. Also, as mentioned above, there are now AIs are relatively good at small tasks for the average user, but I advise understanding them beforehand.
  15. Definitely the best choice.
  16. @EilatDo you already have an idea regarding units, faction profiles, and that sort of thing?
  17. Thanks for your concern . We've already resolved this.
  18. @Genava55We are working on the period from 500 BCE to 300 CE for all the civilizations in this mod.
  19. Olá, boa noite. Aqui não estou com esse bugs, mas pode ter sido em alguma das últimas atualizações, vou atualizar o Github novamente com as últimas atualizações. Tente atualizar aí também, se for preciso apague o cache do jogo isso pode ajudar.
  20. That is exactly the one I meant to refer to; the ideal scenario would be a modern speaker pronouncing Proto-Zapotec—I think that would be the closest possible approximation today.
  21. First of all, I would like to commend you on your excellent work and dedication; I can imagine the challenges involved in this project. I believe this set would be extremely valuable for representing the Aztec civilization in a future mod set in the Middle Ages or the Early Modern period. However, I do not think it is suitable for the Zapotecs and Mayans, as they are distinct peoples with completely different languages. Given the available Zapotec material and the need to avoid Hispanic influences, I do not consider using Nahuatl to be the best approach for them. I recall seeing some Zapotec dictionary projects; with a little help, perhaps we could get something close enough to be decent? The same approach would work for Mayan languages—which might actually be easier, given the more comprehensive linguistic studies available.
  22. @Perzival12Great idea; I’ve tested things like that in the past—it’s really good! @guerringuerrinJust a reminder: all victory conditions in the game are optional. In other words, if a particular victory method doesn't appeal to you, you simply don't have to play with it—and that's perfectly fine.
  23. @Duileogaestá trabalhando na criação artística das Civ europeias nesse momento, teremos novidades em breve (mais Civs), porém sendo sincero, assumindo que a Europa de longe e a região como maior representação no jogo principal,mesmo sendo o menor dos continentes então não será o foco se extender por muito além do que o Mod já está. Teremos uma melhoria de qualidade nas Civs europeias presentes no Mod por exemplo.
  24. @p3p and @Apolo.rva -> update https://github.com/0ADMods/aristeia
×
×
  • Create New...