Improvements of Norse models

Alexandermb

@Alexandermb:

The drekkar looks good! :D Though might I suggest to brighten the player color on the sail a bit so that it's more recognizable during a game and more consistent with the other Norse ships? 

About the new longhouse: the model is quite good but none of the other Norse buildings have similar bends so I wonder if there is a way to make it visually more consistent with the other buildings... Any ideas? Also note that your upper roof has a different texture scale that the lower roof, and the texture on the small roof above the door is rotated 90 degrees :) 

On 05/20/2017 at 11:03 AM, stanislas69 said:

About the viking ship, first things first, where are those textures from ?

About oars, It's a bit annoying to do them for ships where they are visible as you can't use the trick currently used in game, you have to animate each single one of them.

Couldn't one prop each oar to prop points. Animate twice (or run animation in reverse for one side of the boat). Let props (oars) inherit parent animation).

About the license: It is legal because 0A.D. is non commercial as long as you provide the correct license with the file (i.e. the boat). If others use 0A.D. for commercial purposes we can check if they did remove the files that do not allow commercial use. (Good for 0 A.D., bad for sharks.)

That's actually doesn't apply in our case since we release all the art in our mod under the CC-BY-SA license, explicitly allowing commercial use of the content. Though of course we could create exceptions for everything but that isn't too practical imo

• Like 1

This have been the last models i made. Norse longphort (Still in aprobation or waiting for ideas and Norse sentry tower)  for let the followers of this topic be aware of the changes, also i have been looking to make the meshes for the caro faction wich stills need wall, defense tower, gate, and dock

longphort.PNG.601089441b0eece400fc6c5fb2eb8937.PNGnorse.thumb.PNG.1c4bc3675a72614061e786a46cbdb0f7.PNG

• Like 5

The frontal building is the lorsch gatehouse, it needs to be fixed the uvs because it has spherical projection instead of cube, and the lateral building has too many images of it, so i din't know wich one is the real one. Also some information says its a rebuild of the historical carolingian structure. and the roof of the lateral building also have been lowered a bit because i didn't saw before it is less taller than i thought.