Jump to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. That's weird... I'm on Win 11, game is 0.28.0 a2cae. Same here! But I was unclear, I mean the Windows Start menu folder "0 A.D. Empires Ascendant" with the entries "0 A.D.", "Open logs folder", "Web site" and "Map editor". EDIT: My Windows is set to de_DE, my installation should be en_US by default.
  3. Today
  4. I consent to using CC-BY 3.0 ! I'm not an artist unfortunately . I know how to cut audio and video in Blender . A page transition animation would be something to put in a call for in a promotional video.
  5. @NiRa Muso MIOZOTO Is it possible to provide a CC BY 3.0 license for your audio files?
  6. 3.0 would be better (4.0 is not backward compatible), But I guess the only thing we'd have to do is to clearly state that it's 4.0 for it to work. E.g in license.md
  7. you are not, but you have a lot of experience with Atlas, also you are making campaign for hyrule conquest so I thought you might be interested, sorry.
  8. Needs custom templates or scripting, could be done one way or another but would be major work, so don't hold your breath.
  9. a) You can copy paste groups of trees. b) Yeah, guess that is missing from Atlas. Also don't think there is a ticket already, so suggest to file one. c) Trigger scripts should run, suggest to load the cinema demo map and run it in atlas for a test, that certainly worked in the past. Maybe I'm missing something here.
  10. In part. More like the pipes in Mario to change maps. I'd say that is actually genius to not do it in a more "realistic" way. Using another game category racing, where realistic is very much computationally possible, there I'd say Tracmania is still much more enjoyable for most then a simulator. For RTS I'd say AOE2 (a better game than the more realistic AOE4 ) is the gold standard and it's full of unrealistic mechanics. So realistic is never really worth optimizing for, it certainly isn't needed for a successful game. If you can't attack through walls you would get very strange unit pathing behaviour unless you make the pathfinder aware of this and we would be already in the territory of computationally to expensive. And as I said above you would have to do the same for arrows and for any obstacle or you are inconsistent. One argument for not allowing pikes through walls mentioned above was for the sake of new user. Here I argue discoverability and consistency are much more important. I'd say Petra being a bit to strong for new players and us lacking in the tutorial aspect is far more detrimental than anything else.
  11. It started as a news story but... Last night my algorithm started showing me all kinds of news on social media.
  12. @Nicolaus_von_Kues What a strange coincidence finding an intro video for the campaign! @NiRa Muso MIOZOTO What editing software do you know? I have some illustrations and I'm looking to create "burning" page transitions synchronized with the voiceover.
  13. @NiRa Muso MIOZOTOI have to admit that this text is challenging. However, the idea of embodying the hero, Virato, appeals to me. @Thalatta The only thing I’m wondering about is the license, since my goal has always been for the campaign project to eventually be integrated into the base (vanilla) version. @Stan` CC BY 4.0? Is that compatible with 0 A.D., or is CC BY 3.0 strictly required?
  14. Yesterday
  15. @ShadowOfHassen your concerns are quite relevant. There's a lot to be closed from those 1.6k issues, and for the rest, to be discussed. I'd start from the older ones and start either closing them (they can be reopened if really needed, this is how things are done in my experience in other fields) or classifying them, but we would need to agree on categories and have discussions for where to move them around. We could have a thread with the first post containing the gitea links among these categories being constantly edited, along a decision tree explaining the process. In the example below, most things would go to "Arguable", if it doesn't have much support or it's too game-breaking, goes to "Unlikely", and if most disagree to implement it, it's closed, while if people agree it should be eventually implemented, it would go to either "Easy" or "Difficult", depending on the work it would take to do so (then there could be sub categories regarding "Animation", "Engine", whatever, for those interested, to find things more easily). Maybe "Accepted" and "Underway" could also be useful.
  16. @lilypoppy Tell me what you think ! https://ccmixter.org/files/eaterjolly/71262
  17. @NiRa Muso MIOZOTO It depends—whether it's a narrator's voice or the characters' voices. The script hasn't been decided yet for Scenario 1; we're still in the early stages. Example : Iberia, 147 BC. Three years after Rome's treacherous betrayal, the legions strike again and nothing stands in their way. Trapped and surrounded, the Lusitanians face a choice: surrender, or stand and fight. Out of the ashes of massacre steps a shepherd turned warrior — a man who has seen what Roman promises truly mean, and will never trust them again. His name is Viriathus. He has no army. No city. No crown. Only the will to fight, and the courage to lead a people that refuses to break
  18. @lilypoppy Can you send me a script ? What kind of accent are you looking for ?
  19. Why the ping lol? Am I part of the team now? The two biggest problems I have with the Atlas are that Trigger scripts must be written outside of the atlas, while I enjoy coding them it’s annoying to have to open 0ad a hundred times to test them. The other is that I can’t seem to be able to pan the camera up and down, I’m stuck at one angle. I’d prefer something to Blender where you can freely fly through the map.
  20. @NiRa Muso MIOZOTO Thanks for the mention! I'm working on a narrative campaign about Viriathus and the Lusitanians. I was actually looking for someone to do voice-over, and a promotional video sounds interesting too this is volunteer work, and I give credit to everyone who contributes. Let me know if you're interested!
  21. In 0AD 0.28 english version says indeed Scenario editor (from within the game): And so does Atlas itself: @ObelixAre you on a different version or language?
  1. Load more activity
×
×
  • Create New...