All Activity
- Past hour
-
Looking for feedback on Atlas — what works, what doesn't?
asterix replied to lilypoppy's topic in Help & Feedback
@trompetin17 @Perzival12 @hyperion -
NiRa Muso MIOZOTO started following Voice Actor: NiRa Muso
-
Hello ! I would like to introduce myself. I am NiRa Muso MIOZOTO, my name is Esperanto for: "This Ra's mouse FORGET-ME-NOT". I would like to narrate historical segments before and after campaigns as well as promotional videos. I can edit the videos myself if necessary. I don't have a large portfolio yet but I plan to post my work here: https://ccmixter.org/people/eaterjolly . I am an Esperanto and Toki Pona fanatic and would like to contribute by translating the project to both. I am a Computer Science student so I can also contribute some code if necessary. I believe that a slow tutorial campaign with dynamic voice acting is crucial to the success of the project. Fun Fact: In 2020 I archived a version of the Cicada 3301 scavenger hunt: https://archive.org/details/@8434337 Who should I speak to about making content for the official 0ad youtube account ? Also, I am a little lost regarding language support. I made a Transifex account but how does final review and addition to the game work ? Thank you for your time and consideration, -Muso
-
3D Modelers and Texture artists- Marga
Nicolaus_von_Kues replied to marga_'s topic in Art Development
In theater where the spectator is far away, movement must be exaggerated to be appreciated well; this applies to the visual aspect in video games. The animation should be more exaggerated and less realistic. -
Looking for feedback on Atlas — what works, what doesn't?
Grautvornix replied to lilypoppy's topic in Help & Feedback
I don't want to advertise too much, but we obviously found similar issues in using atlas (the built-in map editor of the game). I started writing a tool around that helping me in defining things more easily. I named this tool "mercator" according to the guy who used original antique maps, improved them and published the first map collection as a book named "atlas". You can find it here: https://wildfiregames.com/forum/topic/169940-new-atlas-helper-tool-mercator/ @lilypoppyThe mercator tool allows filling an area with a defined mix of trees each with a random rotation. This should address your first issue on the list. @eZamus In mercator, you can define basically the game and player conditions as requested in your first issue. Also you can place entities as described in your item no.5 . I am still working on terrain sculpting features, defining cliffes, roads, hills, water levels etc. (works already, but the GUI is still too cluttered for me) This will be the next major release of mercator. I do appreciate your ideas and observations, eagerly taking on board your wishlist. Let me see what can be done... -
Three away (from Spartans, Athenians, and other general stuff): Text improvement proposals: https://gitea.wildfiregames.com/0ad/0ad/issues/9308. Arguable text improvement proposals: https://gitea.wildfiregames.com/0ad/0ad/issues/9309. Icon improvement proposals: https://gitea.wildfiregames.com/0ad/0ad/issues/9310.
- Today
-
Looking for feedback on Atlas — what works, what doesn't?
lilypoppy replied to lilypoppy's topic in Help & Feedback
Agree with you ! @eZamus -
Is gitea.wildfiregames.com down?
Stan` replied to Ceres's topic in Game Development & Technical Discussion
It was fixed -
You might try to look at it from a game angle too to see if it's visible enough. Also there are many run animations, this one is only used in a mod called pyrogenesis 1877 which is misisng a lot of building and unit assets
-
Photocraft : The opensource Photoshop
Grautvornix replied to Nicolaus_von_Kues's topic in Art Development
Please also see the discussion in another thread: -
Is gitea.wildfiregames.com down?
Perzival12 replied to Ceres's topic in Game Development & Technical Discussion
Sometimes it goes down for a few hours-day. -
Maybe make the hat slide/bounce on his head a tiny bit? Otherwise that looks amazing.
-
I am starting to build structures for the factions (the rebel factions already have buildings, but they were AI generated, they are quite simple and I didn't want to put too much effort into them). These are the first structures for a faction inspired by real world South Korea: the National Assembly building, a hospital, and two types of apartment buildings. I am modeling them in SketchUp because my Blender skills are limited.
-
O tempora o mores! While all this appears phantastic at first glance, it is also raising quite some concerns - who would take the endeavour of inventing and creating a complex tool or an app anymore if it is decompiled and recreated so (relatively) easily? Why should anyone develop anything serioulsy if it cannot be sold but rather easily copied/recreated. All the beautiful services around a product (the Red Hat model?) can probably also be implemented by AI soon. All this is not only about the invested effort for the "coding" itself but also all the real software solution engineering, from specification and definition to design, testing and documentation that is now being copied and "harvested" quite easily. I know: because it is possible it will happen anyway. I just expect another round in the fight for IPR protection etc. No solution in sight as it seems. Sorry for the rant.
-
Ceres started following Is gitea.wildfiregames.com down?
-
Hello! Why is https://gitea.wildfiregames.com showing this since 08 Oct 2026? 500 Internal Server Error Gitea Version: 1.26.4+1-g1ac57c9699
-
Looking for feedback on Atlas — what works, what doesn't?
eZamus replied to lilypoppy's topic in Help & Feedback
Totally agree for some tools like "tree brush" Inspired by my little experience on Atlas, and some child memory of Stronghold and Empire Earth 1 not by "importance" just by head 1 A way to set Diplomacy between team/ player ? (I dont find any without code ? ): Player 1 is enemy with Player 2; both is Neutral with Player 3 2 Somehow, the water level should be higher by default, or the "ground level" should be lower, In default setup, it seem I have to dig way too much to see water (compared with unit size) 3 An "auto-passibility-tiling" (dont know how to name that) but when modifying the terrain, if it become impassable, "colorise it" with a cliff/rock texture automatically 4 Could be nice having some "preset" of elevation like flat (default ground elevation), cliff (impassable) and "naval" (impassable/ underwater) and/or a "pipette" for elevation These 3 could make more easier the first draft of a map, making the big shape first then affine 5 Having a panel for "flora/gaia" entities (tree/rock/animals) and on for "players" entities(unit, building) Always having the ability to set each affected to Gaia or Players but stored separately 6 The "simulations" buttons (play / pause/ reset etc) should be on the top menu, on top of the "world view", having to switch panel and scroll down to click, bother me xD 7 I would say the ability to edit "metadata" for unit / building (like current HP for wounded unit), maybe there currently a way, I just doesn't find it I'm really not a map maker, but Atlas doesn't encourage me neither :p -
My Windows menu entry's called 'Map editor'!
-
Looking for feedback on Atlas — what works, what doesn't?
Asher replied to lilypoppy's topic in Help & Feedback
Also -
Looking for feedback on Atlas — what works, what doesn't?
lilypoppy replied to lilypoppy's topic in Help & Feedback
@ManasManushya If it helps! I think simple tools (mods) that don't break anything when removed are the way to go. Post-Atlas helps me a lot with stats. -
@lilypoppyi think i shall also spend some time examining the 0ad's scenario editor (Yeah, its called scenario editor not atlas) so that i can see some by myself.
-
Looking for feedback on Atlas — what works, what doesn't?
ManasManushya replied to lilypoppy's topic in Help & Feedback
i see -
Looking for feedback on Atlas — what works, what doesn't?
lilypoppy replied to lilypoppy's topic in Help & Feedback
-
@ManasManushya Here is the post; I’ve included a few of the problems I’m facing.
-
[Devlog] Burning Heart (a narrative campaign for 0 A.D.)
lilypoppy replied to lilypoppy's topic in General Discussion
I want to try out as many features as possible—so that the campaign can serve as a case study . so yes.- 16 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- 0ad
- creative commons
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Latest Topics
