Jump to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Okay! A few more questions came to mind, so I thought I’d ask… Can we contribute to this project? Is there a playable or downloadable demo available?
  4. I could use some practice in animation... I improved the Run-animation, if useful I can continue animating. (were should I upload the files?, here?) 0.A.D Body Meshes And Animations.002.zip
  5. Art must not die. It's incredible that they knew Rome was colorful and didn't paint it. The world's largest outdoor set.
  6. Someone should pick up that patch again.
  7. "Realism" doesn't make a game better, it's just that maybe the last 10-20 years this was what people were trained to believe, how else can you sell a new hardware every other year . Some of the most legendary games are from the 80' and 90' after all. Anyway correct wall physic is computationally much more expensive, and if you do it with walls why stop there. How about buildings, trees or terrain? You see were this is going. Lag is always much worse then some bending of realism.
  8. I get the same 500, no worry, Thanks for filing non the less.
  9. Gauls dont seem to have used bows that much until later in gallic wars. For Cimbrian celtic allies i'd have Volcae Swordsman Tigurini (helvetian) Spearman Maybe also Toygeni (helvetian) slinger if you really want a ranged unit. EB2 Helvetian spearman https://europabarbarorum.fandom.com/wiki/Gaisoualos_(Helvetii_Phalanx)
  10. I have a bomb car in the Mundus in conflictu mod.
  11. maybe con this helmet. This is Second century helmet for roman cavalry. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ribchester_Helmet Ribchester is non practical. https://deepeeka.in/cavalry-xanten/
  12. Yesterday
  13. Is there a 0ad 28 version
  14. Do you have a mod that adds the car? Maybe you could make a garage structure, and maybe the car could be a one time use battering ram
  15. https://getartcraft.com/apps/photocraft there are several tools for artists. https://app.getartcraft.com/create-object Yesterday, a YouTube video popped up recommending this free tool, which is also available on Linux/Windows/MaC OS and is open source. I get succesful download.
  16. Another minor update for post-Atlas in version 1.11.1 addressing Main changes: Fix: A game's public.zip chosen by name is taken as meaning the folder that holds it, especially on snap distribution Fix: Lighter little pictures in the Replace dialogs, the enlarged picture and the changes window. New: Adding "some" campaign map testing post-atlas-1.11.1.zip CHANGELOG.md
  17. Did it accidentally twice (https://gitea.wildfiregames.com/0ad/0ad/issues/9305 and https://gitea.wildfiregames.com/0ad/0ad/issues/9306) because when creating them I got a server error. I cannot access them because of that issue ("500 Internal Server Error Gitea Version: 1.26.4+1-g1ac57c9699").
  18. Well walls can be attacked by arrows normally, I’d just: raise their pierce resistance so that arrows don’t affect them almost at all fix it so that they take attacks by projectiles not aimed at them Neither should be too hard, I feel like the functionality is already in the game
  19. Wanted to start with this easy part, but after switching to main and building (both Debug and Release), menu issues are still present, and this happens: video.mp4
  20. Antigonid Kingdom Faction Design Document 1. Faction Overview The Antigonid Kingdom represents the Hellenistic Macedonian state ruled by the Antigonid dynasty from the late 4th century BC to 168 BC. Unlike the Macedonian armies of Philip II and Alexander the Great, the Antigonid military system represents a later stage of Hellenistic warfare. Its core remains the Macedonian phalanx, but it relies more heavily on a combination of Macedonian, Greek and mercenary troops, supported by cavalry, specialist infantry and war elephants. The faction should therefore not feel like a second Macedonian faction. Faction Identity A mature Hellenistic Macedonian army built around the phalanx, supported by specialist troops, mercenaries, cavalry and elephants. The Antigonids should excel at: - Heavy infantry and phalanx warfare - Combined-arms warfare - Specialist and mercenary troops - Elite royal infantry - War elephants - Sustained land warfare The faction should be less dependent on elite cavalry than Macedonia and less centered on elephants than Epirus. Naval Identity The Antigonid Kingdom should have a moderate but important naval capability, reflecting Macedonia's involvement in the Aegean and the importance of controlling maritime routes and coastal positions. The navy should primarily support the land army through: - - Coastal operations - Control of nearby sea routes - Support for military operations in Greece and the Aegean The Antigonids should not be a dedicated naval faction. Their naval strength should complement their powerful land army rather than define it. Land power remains the core of the faction, while naval control provides strategic support.
  21. I think they could be potrayted through the mod's hero system. Choosing a hero from a later period unlocks Antigonid units.
  22. I acknowledge that 0AD uses rather 2 D (or 2.5D) hence modelling arrows crossing a wall might be a challenge. This was probably the reason for stopping movement but allow attacking through the wall. Funny enough, this works from both sides of the wall: it is hard to keep my troops inside the wall away from the attacking the enemy and they are fighting back although they shouldn't need to (same reason: enemy is near and in reach of the weapons but cannot move much closer. Wall defense should be left to the troops manning the wall and its turrets (still working on a mod that allows running along a wall towards the actual attack. Currently, the wall segment attacked does not get replenishment or help form adjacent segments)
  23. I agree that this is the case currently. But should it? Walls were supposed to protect people from attacks.
  24. @Thalatta @Ultimate Aurelian It would be good if you could help with your help to research.
  25. I always like to read the primary source. I don't trust something that doesn't have human thought.
  1. Load more activity
×
×
  • Create New...