XIII Century AD

wackyserious

9 hours ago, wackyserious said:

FaQAT9UaMAAcpHi?format=jpg&name=4096x409FaQAVteakAAU-j1?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Currently re-using the Western European art assets for placeholders, I have just committed the partially complete faction over at the repository https://github.com/0ADMods/xiiiad

Good to see you back working a lot @wackyserious. Quick tip: the whole structure is very good, only thing you will need later wich was a difficult task since its kinda complicated start adding random handplace vegetation around, is add with props bushes and moss over the walls or hanging moss on the watchtower to mix the building with the enviroment. Keep it up!

• Like 2

On 16/08/2022 at 8:34 PM, Alexandermb said:

Good to see you back working a lot @wackyserious. Quick tip: the whole structure is very good, only thing you will need later wich was a difficult task since its kinda complicated start adding random handplace vegetation around, is add with props bushes and moss over the walls or hanging moss on the watchtower to mix the building with the enviroment. Keep it up!

Thanks! Yeah, putting props on structures is kinda hectic haha, I am currently working with the Steppe People structure set, I studied your Xiongnu art set and tried to recreate it in the mod. :)

Glad to see you around, buddy!

FaethpfaIAEOZF9?format=jpg&name=4096x409

On 16/08/2022 at 4:15 PM, Stan` said:

Sweet. Wanted to see if I could give the texture some more panache :)

Thanks, Stan! Feel free to give the repository some hit! :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, wackyserious said:

Thanks! Yeah, putting props on structures is kinda hectic haha, I am currently working with the Steppe People structure set, I studied your Xiongnu art set and tried to recreate it in the mod. :)

i've keept reading the forum everytime i have the opportunity, glad to see the Xiongnu structure meshes served a bigger purpose than a nomadic faction haha! would be good if you import all the vegetation of hellenic structures and port them to your new meshes. Thats how i've made the Byzantine wonder garden,.

• Like 1

On 16/08/2022 at 8:23 AM, wackyserious said:

FaQAT9UaMAAcpHi?format=jpg&name=4096x409FaQAVteakAAU-j1?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Currently re-using the Western European art assets for placeholders, I have just committed the partially complete faction over at the repository https://github.com/0ADMods/xiiiad

I really like it. Thanks for sharing that picture with us. I was actually searching for reviews online for Edubirdie service and found my answer over https://youressayreviews.com/review-of-edubirdie-com-services/ here. While searching for it online, I also found your post. After reading this post, I will surely play this game too.

I really like it.

Edited by LucilleBarrett
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wackyserious said:

Major commit over at https://github.com/0ADMods/xiiiad happy testing everyone! Please do give your feedback here, thank you.

Cloned, loaded and crashed ;)

Tried with A25, see below for the errors:

ERROR: JavaScript error: globalscripts/Templates.js line 21
simulation/data/civs/east.json doesn't contain Name
  loadCivFiles@globalscripts/Templates.js:21:11
  loadCivData@gui/common/functions_utility.js:37:28
  @gui/gamesetup/gamesetup.js:13:30
  onPress@gui/pregame/MainMenuItems.js:90:13
  performButtonAction@gui/pregame/MainMenuItemHandler.js:77:9
  pressButton@gui/pregame/MainMenuItemHandler.js:63:10
ERROR: JavaScript error: gui/gamesetup/Pages/GameSetupPage/GameSettings/Single/Sliders/RelicCount.js line 51
can't access lexical declaration 'g_CivData' before initialization
  @gui/gamesetup/Pages/GameSetupPage/GameSettings/Single/Sliders/RelicCount.js:51:1
TIMER| gamesetup/gamesetup.xml: 61.2914 ms
TIMER| common/global.xml: 271.786 us
  init@gui/gamesettings/GameSettings.js:24:13
  SetupWindow@gui/gamesetup/SetupWindow.js:29:39
  init@gui/gamesetup/gamesetup.js:47:18
ERROR: GUI page 'page_gamesetup.xml': Failed to call init() function
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, hyperion said:

Cloned, loaded and crashed ;)

Tried with A25, see below for the errors:

@gui/gamesetup/gamesetup.js:13:30
ERROR: JavaScript error: gui/gamesetup/Pages/GameSetupPage/GameSettings/Single/Sliders/RelicCount.js line 51
can't access lexical declaration 'g_CivData' before initialization
  @gui/gamesetup/Pages/GameSetupPage/GameSettings/Single/Sliders/RelicCount.js:51:1
TIMER| gamesetup/gamesetup.xml: 61.2914 ms
TIMER| common/global.xml: 271.786 us
  init@gui/gamesettings/GameSettings.js:24:13
  SetupWindow@gui/gamesetup/SetupWindow.js:29:39
  init@gui/gamesetup/gamesetup.js:47:18
ERROR: GUI page 'page_gamesetup.xml': Failed to call init() function

Sorry, I forgot to change the game version compatibility in the .json but this will be compatible with the coming alpha and with the latest SVN version

On 18/08/2022 at 5:26 PM, wackyserious said:

FaethpfaIAEOZF9?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Thanks, Stan! Feel free to give the repository some hit! :)

Wow

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Excelente idea , soy muy fan de la edad media y este mod me encantaría,  con respecto a la organización y gestión deberías saber que en la edad media había ciudades y señorios feudales o sea castillos,  las ciudades normalmente estaban gobernadas por el un obispo Princepe o por una especie de asamblea popular  y como bien dijeron estos obispos eran prácticamente señores feudales , las tropas de las ciudades eran en su mayoría milicias formadas por sus habitantes,  las mejores tropas prácticamente eran los mercaderes y los mercenarios (condotoieros , mercenarios árabes en caso del Sacro Imperio Romano Germano entre otros ) y las tropas de los señores feudales estaban formadas x sus caballeros siervos  o nobles a su servicio o contratados , tropas reclutados de sus tierras que en muchos Reinos eran diferente por la posición geográfica pero en la mayoría campesinos qie formaban el grueso del ejército y además de hombres libre otro dato interesante es que el reclutamiento se formaba en lanzas que consistían del caballero,  escudero,  infantes o sea unidades de infantería,  arquero o ballesteros etc 

Como mercenarios famosos te recomiendo  ballesteros genovés,  auxiliares magiares , los piqueros suizos , arco largos galeses e ingleses,  los condotieros italianos,  auxiliares de gotland,  las compañías Libres que eran soldados y nobles que se dedicaban al pillaje a trabajar por el mejor pago durante la guerra de los 100 años 

Tengo muchas ideas , realmente me encanta esta idea desde hace tiempo quiero participar en algo pero no tengo que los recursos para llevar acabo el desarrollo gráfico y el tiempo limitado por el trabajo pero me encantaría participar tengo conocimientos básicos de programación lo que no tengo experiencia en el desarrollo de juegos 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I went to check 0ad and possibly some development on medieval mods.
And I find out that 1000AD hasn't progressed yet.
13th century dude disappeared (I hope he's fine) and now there's  "Medieval A.D."  a playable demo as a remnant of what the mod could be.
And then I also find out new medieval project that sparked up my hopes but activity and rank of wacky makes me worried it will end up like 1000AD all over again.

:no: This makes me want to start a work on a medieval mod.

Edited by benisen11

24 minutes ago, Stan` said:

@benisen11 well what can you do? :)

Both those mods aren't dead, they just need more people to work on them :) They are also 100% open source so anyone can pickup where they left off

I could do some modelling in blender. (Buildings and units)
Although I think am weak and may need help with modding regarding models at beginning. I think it would be great learning experience for me.

Edited by benisen11