Civilization Meta Thread

wowgetoffyourcellphone

I intend to include all of these civs at some point, even if it takes 10 years. ;) I will of course need lots of help; no man is an island, Jack. :) 

* = Civ already in the mod, but mostly incomplete (unplayable or unselectable).

** = Civ already in the mod and mostly complete and playable.

No star = Intend to include, but no assets in the mod yet (mercenaries don't count).

• Like 4

I intend to include all of these civs at some point, even if it takes 10 years. ;) I will of course need lots of help; no man is an island, Jack. :) 

No star = Intend to include, but no assets in the mod yet (mercenaries don't count).

• Like 1

May I make a suggestion @wowgetoffyourcellphone?

I propose to add the Kingdom of Pontus to this list. They were able to field huge armies the size of the armies of major Hellenistic Kingdoms, and they could challenge the Romans multiple times. Their unit roster may represent the diverse ethnic background of the region to include:

Chalkaspides (pikemen from Greek settlers)

Bosphoran archers (later kings of the Greco-Scythian Bosphoran Kingdom were from Pontic royal line and were allies)

Cappadocian cavalry (Kingdom of Pontus included Cappadocia)

Corduene slingers (Anatolian people skilled with slings, may be ancestors of Kurds)

Colchian javelineers (Ancestors of Georgians)

Armenian cataphracts (Kingdom of Armenia was an ally, this would be a chance to include more cataphract units which you wanted to differentiate from regular spear cavalry)

Scythed chariots (known to be used by Pontics, another chance to include a unit which you wanted to differentiate from other units)

Bastarnae mercenaries (known to be hired by Pontics)

Getae mercenaries (known to be hired by Pontics)

Possible heroes:

Mithridates I: founder of the kingdom, built many cities

Mithridates VI: 3 times challenged Rome

Pharnaces II: also challenged Rome

I think all of them can be covered by existing artwork with the addition of some shields/emblems. As for the buildings, a mix of Seleucid, Hellenic, and Persian art may be used.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Outis said:

I propose to add the Kingdom of Pontus to this list. They were able to field huge armies the size of the armies of major Hellenistic Kingdoms, and they could challenge the Romans multiple times. Their unit roster may represent the diverse ethnic background of the region to include:

Leaving out the Pontians and Armenians is an egregious error. Thank you for mentioning Pontus.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 14/06/2022 at 5:35 PM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I intend to include all of these civs at some point, even if it takes 10 years. ;) I will of course need lots of help; no man is an island, Jack. :) 

Impressive list.

missing....

Kushans in India.

(the architecture is similar to the Mauryan).

Late Etruscan(Genava suggestion)

Samnites...

Hasmoneans (Judeans)

Xianbei

Sarmatians

Vandals

Illyrians 

Gupta Empire.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

On 03/12/2022 at 9:18 AM, Outis said:

Chalkaspides (pikemen from Greek settlers)

Bosphoran archers (later kings of the Greco-Scythian Bosphoran Kingdom were from Pontic royal line and were allies)

Cappadocian cavalry (Kingdom of Pontus included Cappadocia)

Corduene slingers (Anatolian people skilled with slings, may be ancestors of Kurds)

Colchian javelineers (Ancestors of Georgians)

Armenian cataphracts (Kingdom of Armenia was an ally, this would be a chance to include more cataphract units which you wanted to differentiate from regular spear cavalry)

Scythed chariots (known to be used by Pontics, another chance to include a unit which you wanted to differentiate from other units)

Bastarnae mercenaries (known to be hired by Pontics)

Getae mercenaries (known to be hired by Pontics)

Possible heroes:

Mithridates I: founder of the kingdom, built many cities

Mithridates VI: 3 times challenged Rome

Pharnaces II: also challenged Rome

I think all of them can be covered by existing artwork with the addition of some shields/emblems. As for the buildings, a mix of Seleucid, Hellenic, and Persian art may be used.

Cilician Mercenaries(Pirates)

• 1 month later...
On 24/02/2023 at 1:45 AM, Lion.Kanzen said:

Illyrians 

I believe someone made this but didn't know that the mod has to be approved for it to appear. I got this link from a message pep4r (mod.io username) posted as a comment on the community maps 2 mod: https://mod.io/g/0ad/m/illyrians?preview=573a48f90d428479f8b5980b7fa773ef

I just now sent them a message through mod.io letting them know the mod must be signed and mentioned the people that were mentioned here: