why rome's camp doesnt cosist of metal? bad problem

hi

in this post i gonna report a issue about a25

why rome's camp doesnt cosist of metal? its easy to spam camps
u can make camps everywhere only with 500 wood and destroying them is really annoying and takes long time. also they r very strong if u send ur army near them they die fast especially when there r many camps. also the swordmen/javs inside them can kill rams/eles easily.
there must be a mechanism that doesnt let somebody spam many camps. u can add metal for building camps or limit their number to 2-3 i meant nobody can make more than 2-3 camps. also there should be a good distance limit between camps.

Edited by king reza the great
  • Like 4

I think this is a great idea, reza-math, I approve as a fellow physicist. ; )

I will make a mod that increases the cost and sets number limit on these camps. 

But on the other hand they can't make sneaky siege anymore, so maybe they are not so OP. Also garrisoning dudes inside = idle time, so I am not sure many players will spam it. Valihrant tried to spam it and the strategy did not work. 

Also this is an issue about A24, not A22 right?

I make suggestion:

Keep the same cost as of now: only 500 wood
Keep the same minimun proximity from other camps (keep it as it is now)
Lower the hp to 1500
Lower the max arrow count to half
Lower max garrison to 30
Make optional upgrade for each camp of 500 metal (or stone idk) to increase by 2x the hp and arrow count (this could be two diferent upgrades too, metal for arrow, stone for hp) *** The upgrades would only affect the upgraded camp
Allow to make siege again, maybe make it 30% slower to produce

That I think would please people, easy to make easy to kill, leave enemy too much time with roman camp then is your fault he made upgrades.

Edited by nani
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, Yekaterina said:

I think this is a great idea, reza-math, I approve as a fellow physicist. ; )

I will make a mod that increases the cost and sets number limit on these camps. 

But on the other hand they can't make sneaky siege anymore, so maybe they are not so OP. Also garrisoning dudes inside = idle time, so I am not sure many players will spam it. Valihrant tried to spam it and the strategy did not work. 

Also this is an issue about A24, not A22 right?

y my bad its for a25.

a player really no need to garrison them with many units unless he see a army is coming. then he can defend using camps and wastes time of the opponent. even if the enemy destroy the camp he can build a new camp in the behind easily.

6 hours ago, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

Brilliant @nani

I think we just need to make sure that there is a reasonable amount of time for stopping the upgrade if one really wants to keep that enemy camp from getting stronger, perhaps a bit longer than current sentry to defense tower upgrade. Thoughts?

Yeah, that looks good

17 hours ago, nani said:

I make suggestion:

Keep the same cost as of now: only 500 wood
Keep the same minimun proximity from other camps (keep it as it is now)
Lower the hp to 1500
Lower the max arrow count to half
Lower max garrison to 30
Make optional upgrade for each camp of 500 metal (or stone idk) to increase by 2x the hp and arrow count (this could be two diferent upgrades too, metal for arrow, stone for hp) *** The upgrades would only affect the upgraded camp
Allow to make siege again, maybe make it 30% slower to produce

That I think would please people, easy to make easy to kill, leave enemy too much time with roman camp then is your fault he made upgrades.

its great idea

Here is my mod for the camp according to nani. Changes:

1. Health decreased from 2250 to 1500

2. Maximum garrison is 30 units

3. Maximum arrow count decreased from 15 to 7

4. Capturepoints decreased from 1500 to 1000rome-camp.zip

5. Capable of all Roman siege and ram (if captured by other civ), but rate of production decreased from 0.7 to 0.49. 

6. Maximum range of defensive arrows is now 40 metres with damage 6.7 instead of 10. 

7. Default arrow is 1 instead of 3. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, king reza the great said:

ok i tested it. i saw no changes. idk why. but it didnt change

Reza you are using A24 right? I think you should be able to train rams from camps and use camp-reinforcement technology. 

If you check the health of camps and structure tree you will see a difference. 

58 minutes ago, nani said:

Looks promising, siege should also have a production time penalty like the units and the upgrade should only affect the upgraded roman camp not all of them (possible no? @Stan`)

Yes. By default, camps are already on a -30% train rate penalty (BatchTimeModifier = 0.7). You suggested a further -30% penalty, which is

0.7x0.7=0.49 so I changed it. If you check the xml files you should see BatchTimeModifier = 0.49

nani you should be able to feel that camps are training slower. If you want it to be slowed down even further I can make it so, but at that point the camp would be a bit rubbish. 

You should also see the decrement in their health bar. 

Only affecting one camp is a little bit difficult, but I think I can figure it out given some time. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yekaterina said:

rome-camp.zip 3 kB · 2 downloads

Extract this into your mods folder, activate the mod in the mod selector and restart the game a few times. 

Take a look at the structure tree for Romans. You should see the camp being able to train rams and onagers. 

when i active it like u say all games in lobby become black and i cant join them